Has Ascendancy really created diversity?

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

Not really. Evasion is better than armour in most situations. Even the world's first level 100 character in PoE was an evasion-based bow ranger.

Havoc first level 100 in what was the Default League was not Evasion-based, he spec'd into Iron Reflexes like any sane evasion player at that time since evasion was even worst back then than what it is now.
What league are you talking about because Evasion was the best because you could max out Block and Spell Block while getting Acrobatics and Ondars. If we are talking pre 1.3 evasion was the best way to play the game because it had the strongest layered defense.

I'm talking early Open Beta, before challenge leagues even existed, way before the max block/evasion/Acro etc. melee meta that got killed with 1.3. Havoc, like everybody else, was spec'd into Iron Reflexes. I just checked his video on his YT channel where he dings 99 and opens his tree, he is spec'd into IR. That's why the statement "World's first level 100 character in PoE was an evasion-based bow ranger" is false.
IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on Jun 23, 2016, 9:34:49 AM
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:

I'm talking early Open Beta, before challenge leagues even existed, way before the max block/evasion/Acro etc. melee meta that got killed with 1.3. Havoc, like everybody else, was spec'd into Iron Reflexes. I just checked his video on his YT channel where he dings 99 and opens his tree, he is spec'd into IR. That's why the statement "World's first level 100 character in PoE was an evasion-based bow ranger" is false.

Didn't know that, thanks for the info. I assumed he was evasion based since he has written himself later on that a good hitpoint pool with evasion is excellent for a ranged character.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jun 23, 2016, 10:09:26 AM
You don't really need to take champion to run whirlwind. I'm running a whirlwind gladiator right now and I very rarely even take damage at all, despite using iron reflexes/unwavering stance. Poison, Fortify, and Culling Strike in Bringer of Rain has been enough for most things. I admit that Degen shits on me, though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info