Make up your mind people on level 100

"
Phrazz wrote:
"

I actually read the majority of the posts regarding this. Common trend I see you come into each thread with comment like "but I'M not motivated to hit 100, but I'M not wanting to put in the time, people so entitled etc," quite frequently actually. We fucking get it, you wanna be casual AF. Nothing wrong with that, maybe pleb was too harsh but it's been your attitude.

And ya some arguments are about length of time it takes, let me clarify:

- XP penalty is okay if it comes with more Red Maps, I will do what is needed to get there but to adjust for this XP change, there better be a real reason to do t12+ (previously made no difference honestly, I actually prefer Red Maps)
- XP penalty not okay if after all has been said Gorge is basically same as Red Map, with higher relative efficiency in 2.3
- Shitty self fulfilling clear speed meta prophecy if you're making characters with 8 Ascendancy points clear Yellow maps, what the fuck did GGG expect
- Need transparency because statements made my GGG are on par with Riot Games atm

And I agree with your points, so my initial post wasn't directed to you at all. And we can debate and discuss all we want about the game, and if the XP system is designed to BE linear up too 100, or if 100 is just a cap set for the sake of a cap. I really do not know if there's even an achievement for reaching 100. Or a price. Or any incentive what so ever apart from your own, personal goal.

And one fact is, that many players and posters are upset because it takes too long - based on THEIR personal views. THAT is what I'm debating. And as I said, not matter where GGG sets the line, if they make it harder or easier, there will always be someone complaining. And some are complaining because it just got harder than it used to be - and only that.

And using the word "pleb" has nothing to do with my attitude, only your attitude - and how you view others.

I am not upset, just its annoyance to people who dont have much time and want to do red maps, but they do not drop and we are forced to play yellow maps with horrible exp simply because we cant get red maps that is all.
"
Turniphead2 wrote:
It's mad to say, why try for 100.
Why try for any level?

100s there for a reason - it's a goal. A goal VERY few people could reach.

Now they've just made it harder.

I just ripped at 97 and lost a weeks' experience.

IMO, unless you've made a serious attempt at 100, you can't really know what this s*** is all about and how painful
it is ripping at 97, when you know ripping at 99 is going to be hell.

GGG Please reduce exp penalty.

It's really not helping anyone, and is killing the small guy's attempt at getting there.

Turnip

Well, at least there GGG done good work, i mean ruin goals to killing the small guy's attempt even TRY reach to 100. Second good work was when they design Prophecy boring mechanic and quest.

"
Phrazz wrote:

And I agree with your points, so my initial post wasn't directed to you at all. And we can debate and discuss all we want about the game, and if the XP system is designed to BE linear up too 100, or if 100 is just a cap set for the sake of a cap. I really do not know if there's even an achievement for reaching 100. Or a price. Or any incentive what so ever apart from your own, personal goal.

And one fact is, that many players and posters are upset because it takes too long - based on THEIR personal views. THAT is what I'm debating. And as I said, not matter where GGG sets the line, if they make it harder or easier, there will always be someone complaining. And some are complaining because it just got harder than it used to be - and only that.

And using the word "pleb" has nothing to do with my attitude, only your attitude - and how you view others.

You right, but GGG listed to 2-3 no-lifer nerds cry baby who claim that 100 "so easy", where 100% claim death penalties and leveling uber hard and unrewarded. Just how easy GGG listen to 2-3 nerds cry baby and absolutely NOT listen other players.

Best company ever.
Affliction master craft service Affliction My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Affliction veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Affliction SC master craft service Affliction SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Affliction craft PM: TreeOfDead
Just make the penalty less severe. 50% of previous t11s too much.

Then we'll all be happy
Someone on Reddit pointed out that in the new scheme, t15 is equivalent to Patch 1.3 Level 78 maps (t11 today). Actually, a little worse.

If that's the case, why even add the expansion and t12+ maps to start with?
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
Someone on Reddit pointed out that in the new scheme, t15 is equivalent to Patch 1.3 Level 78 maps (t11 today). Actually, a little worse.

If that's the case, why even add the expansion and t12+ maps to start with?

Because T11 maps would be T8 experience?

But anyways there are many games out there that has far smarter leveling progressing system that suppresses super nolifers while not fucking with the fun for the other 90% of the population that doesnt breathe and shit PoE everyday.

The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Jun 30, 2016, 12:28:34 PM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 8:27:45 PM
There's been much discussion about map drops.
Fixing this would be really complicated,

The simple and obvious answer to questions posed is simply to reduce the SEVERITY of the exp penalty buy 50% or a third.

Then problem solved.

Turnip

Also a big thing: there are no/very few parties leveling to 100 - they have disappeared - reason -
no-one wants to get to 100 anymore

sad
Last edited by Turniphead2 on Jul 1, 2016, 1:49:42 PM
I have hit 100. It was boring as fuck. It wasnt in the bullshit perandus easy mode league either. It was truely terrible. If it wernt for the friends playing with me and us bullshitting and having our own fun it never would have happened. Mob density map layout in high level maps combined with exp rate make for the worst end game experience post level 93.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Yep try soloing.

I've soloed to 97.87 and its soul destroying - I really hope GGG listens to all the stuff about exp.

Turnip
I've lost all my self-motivation to login into the game cause I know I will never get 100 this league. So sad I want to play PoE crazy like before but do not even bother to click the launch now. GGG please please fix it as soon as possible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info