Make up your mind people on level 100

"
elwindakos wrote:
"
innervation wrote:
It could be that some members of the community prefer the former, while other, different members prefer the latter. And you've lumped them all into the same 'community' pile in your mind. That could be it.

"You" is also a part of the community.

Its not my mind,we try to be collective here and discuss our thoughts.This is the latest trend though

Thank you for trying to be edgy though.

Repeat after me: path of exile is not a hivemind.
"
"
elwindakos wrote:
"
innervation wrote:
It could be that some members of the community prefer the former, while other, different members prefer the latter. And you've lumped them all into the same 'community' pile in your mind. That could be it.

"You" is also a part of the community.

Its not my mind,we try to be collective here and discuss our thoughts.This is the latest trend though

Thank you for trying to be edgy though.

Repeat after me: path of exile is not a hivemind.

Repeat after me:Make constructive critisism to the matter of levelling to 100 or not at all.

This 7 pages is a sign there is contradictions.So,what do You prefer?Do you think there is middle ground?
Bye bye desync!
[/quote]

Repeat after me:Make constructive critisism to the matter of levelling to 100 or not at all.

This 7 pages is a sign there is contradictions.So,what do You prefer?Do you think there is middle ground?[/quote]

Absolutely. Revert the xp penalty on maps to what it was before until lvl 95-96. After that level, xp penalty applies to yellow maps, meaning you have to do red maps. GGG said they didn't want people just running Gorges to 100...which is what they are still doing. This would fix that.
deleted
Last edited by Puraime on Jun 28, 2016, 3:53:48 AM
"

Absolutely. Revert the xp penalty on maps to what it was before until lvl 95-96. After that level, xp penalty applies to yellow maps, meaning you have to do red maps. GGG said they didn't want people just running Gorges to 100...which is what they are still doing. This would fix that.

But red maps don't drop often so its counter intuitive already. If they are gonna nerf exp of yellow maps then they should make red maps more accessible, because whats the point of having red maps in game if you can't access it?

They want people to play labyrinth? well that is build gated and you still have to hit jackpot and trials are rather quite rare.
Last edited by Puraime on Jun 28, 2016, 3:53:25 AM
"
Puraime wrote:
"

But red maps don't drop often so its counter intuitive already. If they are gonna nerf exp of yellow maps then they should make red maps more accessible, because whats the point of having red maps in game if you can't access it?

They want people to play labyrinth? well that is build gated and you still have to hit jackpot and trials are rather quite rare.

Well red maps are not that hard to get, they just cost more to roll well for returns. They are also typically more difficult to complete and have mostly shittier layouts. Right now the difficulty to getting 100 is not about actual difficulty, but about time. If they implemented a model like I stated above, then the average player would be able to get to the 95-96 level using yellows if they wanted and then afterwards it would be about the strength of your build and the investment you are willing to put in. I would much rather spend currency rolling maps then spend nothing and have my eyeballs melt as i do t8 maps for 500 hours.
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
elwindakos wrote:
Do you want it as easy as before and cry that it is easy to be level 100 in a week?

Do you want it as now and cry that 100 isnt achievable easily?

Make your freakin mind,cause i swear,shit like this makes me enraged and it is typical of a community that dont know what they really want.

Thank you.

As usual GGG took a dump on 99% of their playerbase to slow down the 1% that can't be stopped from getting to 100. Now most of the players do not even reach lvl. 90 before they stop. But I've seen this stupid shit so many time within the last 4 years I'm not even able to enrage about it anymore.

What you are missing is that 99% of the playerbase could care less about reaching lvl 100. Aren't random numbers wonderful?

Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
i dont care if i hit level 100 or not. i hit 100 in perandus hc, it was fun, but it didnt feel challenging enough.
i ran alot of t11-t14 until i dinged 99 and then just spammed all those juicy gorges/plateaus/arid lakes that ive saved up before reaching 99.
i ran those t13-t14 not because they yield much xp/hour or sick loot, i was just bored of doing gorge rotations or the same springs map over and over and over. at lvl 99 my goal was just to ding 100, so i didnt touch anything higher than t10 and got to 100 ezpz

but it feels super unrewarding running high maps (which cost alot and are hard to sustain) which yield little to no benefit compared to running lower and much cheaper maps
Last edited by Navex on Jun 28, 2016, 7:56:13 AM
"
Lyralei wrote:
I feel like the last 10 levels should be really difficult or time consuming to achieve, which is what they were in Open Beta. Anything past 90 then was a prestige thing and each level was something people looked forward to and congratulated one another for.

Getting to 90 right now is reasonably fast. You can do it within a few days if you wanted to so its not as if anyone is deprived of content. For all intents, most if not all builds are finished well before 90.

I'd like for us to go back to where 91+ levels was something you strived for. Right now, it doesn't quite feel like that. But hey, everyone has their own thoughts on what the journey to a 100 should be like. YMMV.

+1 this, all day this ^^^^

"
The way i see it is we get screwed in the options. The options should be as follows:

1) Nerf XP AND make maps easier to get up to T12
2) Keep XP the way it is (was) and keep map drops low.

In this case, they didn't change map drops really but made it worse to play differing content post lvl 85.

this is exactly what they did. They made higher maps WAYYYYYYYYY more availible, changed zana so she gave you higher level quests and then let her sell t11 maps to you for a few alchs/chance orbs each every day, there was a point in time when people were selling the equiv of t11 maps for 4 exalts each.

Thing is they massively buffed access to maps like this in a different patch before the xp change and you lot are intentionally not seeing them as part of the same ongoing change bcause it suits this agenda of making everything easier and more accessible.

People said stop gating us from xp, give us access to maps and bring down the xp they give, and thats what they did. HvR hit 100 in the league before in 3 days /played, thats about a week of play time at the same hour per day rate that took him 4 months to hit lvl100 in open beta. A week vs 4 months, and now theyve nerfed it so it takes him 2 weeks, still pretty far off 4 months dont you think?

And ppl will say omg thats hvr hes 1%er elite blah blah, yes, and a week to hit lvl100 or even 2 weeks is not at all ok, thats absolutely ridiculous. When people say guys like him can still hit 100 in 2 weeks thats saying look, the elite can still do it in totally unacceptable times, theyre not saying 2 weeks is a good amount of time to hit lvl100 and because HvR did that means everyone can and its a good thing. If he can do it in 2 weeks playing 5x as many hours as you per day then you can do it in 10 weeks, which is almost half the time it took him to do it in open beta back when it would have taken you over a year. Enjoy the leveling speed creep and stop crying about it having taken 1 step back after taking 10 steps forward, understand that balance goes both ways sometimes.

Real talk here, ppl complaining about jobs and being adults, ok if you are adults then understand this: The game is to be played and enjoyed, the point is not to hit 100 and be finished with that character, its the journey from lvl1 to that point, thats the game, the journey. Why do you want to hit lvl100? If you want to end the game then use the exit game option. GGG know that if you have hitting 100 as a burning goal that when you get there it will be empty. It wont be like the goal of getting a 6L shav, you get and a wow, you just want to play all day with your new toy. Lvl100 is a new toy that arrives, you see it for a second, and then its put away in its box and play time is over.

If you have a goal of winning the ladder race in a new league then thats something else entirely, and you will appreciate as someone who enjoys the race that the race is longer and you get longer to enjoy it.

Wanting 100 to be easier is wanting the game to be shorter, if you dont like the game so much that you want to play it less then play it less, no one is stopping you. You dont have to hit 100 quicker in order to stop playing this game or reroll another character, you can do that any time you want. That is unless they make getting to lvl100 so quick that it stops you before you wanted to stop, thats the only way someone who wants to enjoy playing the game gets fucked here, by it being too quick, which is what most of you are cheering for while trying to dress it up as exactly the opposite.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Wanting 100 to be easier is wanting the game to be shorter, if you dont like the game so much that you want to play it less then play it less, no one is stopping you. You dont have to hit 100 quicker in order to stop playing this game or reroll another character, you can do that any time you want. That is unless they make getting to lvl100 so quick that it stops you before you wanted to stop, thats the only way someone who wants to enjoy playing the game gets fucked here, by it being too quick, which is what most of you are cheering for while trying to dress it up as exactly the opposite.

I agree. But as long as something is in the game, people will want it. They feel entitled to it. I'm sure of it, if they raised the cap to 110 - and straight out told the community that "this is for the REAL dedicated people", there would still be whining about the grind to get there - from the "not-so-dedicated" part.

Why not just tell yourself; "If I'm not up for the grind, maybe I'm not the target player base to reach 100"?

I do. I will never hit 100. In my life. Because I'm not up for the grind. I do not have the spare time. And that's OK. But there are those who DO have the spare time. Why shouldn't those players prepared to invest more time than us, achieve more than us?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jun 28, 2016, 11:10:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info