Make up your mind people on level 100

"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Puraime wrote:

I dont think people are being entitled, I will keep playing the game anyways, until it becomes pay to win for gears, which I hope wont happen.

I just think game gets more boring if you start to see more and more fast and efficient builds in high levels instead of build diversity because of exp penalty makes more insenstive to such builds.

That is what I think.

Well, I may agree with you. But one one side, PoE has never had more build diversity than now. Almost ALL builds are viable to 100, and even "true melee" builds in their eighties may down Atziri.

If we start to demand that almost all builds aren't only viable, but EQUALLY EFFICIENT, we're probably asking for the impossible - the unbalanced - and the boring.

But as I see it, leveling to 100 is for the truly dedicated players. If you do not have the time or the dedication, you're not in the target group. Pretty easy to wrap our minds around, I would think.

And yes, I've played for many years, and no, I've never reached 100. And yes, I've built many characters that could easily do it. But I can't.

I have played for 4 years since open beta.

I can reach level 100 if I quit my job and stop caring about my wife, but obviously that isnt the priority of my ife, now I got family and importnat things to do, I doubt I will hit level 100 unless I play those efficient builds and don't participate in challenge leagues.

And yes melee builds like cyclone can kill atziri but we are speaking more about exp and if we are serious about hitting 100 and if you are (casual player 4-5 hours a day to me is casual) Its advised to use fast clearing builds instead of slow gear dependent slow clearing builds.

The last 10 lvls is all about clear speed and having time to play PoE, unfortunately looking at demographic of poe player base of 20s-40s I think Chris and GGG should rethink about their decisions as large majority of player base seems to be in those age groups who got more obligation than just game all day long.
Last edited by Puraime on Jun 23, 2016, 3:31:12 PM
"
Puraime wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Puraime wrote:

I dont think people are being entitled, I will keep playing the game anyways, until it becomes pay to win for gears, which I hope wont happen.

I just think game gets more boring if you start to see more and more fast and efficient builds in high levels instead of build diversity because of exp penalty makes more insenstive to such builds.

That is what I think.

Well, I may agree with you. But one one side, PoE has never had more build diversity than now. Almost ALL builds are viable to 100, and even "true melee" builds in their eighties may down Atziri.

If we start to demand that almost all builds aren't only viable, but EQUALLY EFFICIENT, we're probably asking for the impossible - the unbalanced - and the boring.

But as I see it, leveling to 100 is for the truly dedicated players. If you do not have the time or the dedication, you're not in the target group. Pretty easy to wrap our minds around, I would think.

And yes, I've played for many years, and no, I've never reached 100. And yes, I've built many characters that could easily do it. But I can't.

I have played for 4 years since open beta.

I can reach level 100 if I quit my job and stop caring about my wife, but obviously that isnt the priority of my ife, now I got family and importnat things to do, I doubt I will hit level 100 unless I play those efficient builds and don't participate in challenge leagues.

And yes melee builds like cyclone can kill atziri but we are speaking more about exp and if we are serious about hitting 100 and if you are (casual player 4-5 hours a day to me is casual) Its advised to use fast clearing builds instead of slow gear dependent slow clearing builds.

The last 10 lvls is all about clear speed and having time to play PoE, unfortunately looking at demographic of poe player base of 20s-40s I think Chris and GGG should rethink about their decisions as large majority of player base seems to be in those age groups who got more obligation than just game all day long.

Agreed. A wife and 4 year old. 12 hour shifts 4-5 days a week. I mostly hop on for dailies and a lab then gotta log. Responsibilities. What a drag.
IGN:Flickfrap
"
elwindakos wrote:
Do you want it as easy as before and cry that it is easy to be level 100 in a week?

Do you want it as now and cry that 100 isnt achievable easily?

Make your freakin mind,cause i swear,shit like this makes me enraged and it is typical of a community that dont know what they really want.

Thank you.

Why not both?

They can keep or nerf XP for those who wish to compete for the ladder, and allow other players to opt out of ladder and get the pre-XP map nerfs.

There are (at least) 2 completely different playing styles, and neither one of them is the "wrong" way to enjoy the game. Someone that takes a longer time to level up shouldn't be penalized for those who like to jam through the game and hit 90-100 ASAP. Likewise, those who play for the competition of getting to the top the fastest shouldn't have their experience watered down by having XP too easy.

Ladder on/off button please.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
Puraime wrote:

But... But... Why? I have a job. I have a family. I have friends. And I certainly do not have the time to grind to 100. But why would I? What's the point? I'm totally OK with the fact that the really dedicated part of the players can achieve something I can't - by (more or less) choice.

No matter WHAT you put on top in this game, some people will feel entitled to it. If GGG caters to MY need, what about all the players out there with a lot more time on their hands? What are they supposed to achieve?

No, I'm OK with never reaching 100. And I'm OK with it being very time consuming.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jun 23, 2016, 5:26:53 PM
It's just those stupid reddit trolls whining about last league's XP rate. The XP was totally fine, 100 was achievable but you still had to invest quite some no-life time for it. After getting to 100 last league I thought I'd do it this league again. I'm at lvl 92 and have 32 challenges. Gonna do 4 more challenges and quit, this is how bad the XP change is for me.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Puraime wrote:

But... But... Why? I have a job. I have a family. I have friends. And I certainly do not have the time to grind to 100. But why would I? What's the point? I'm totally OK with the fact that the really dedicated part of the players can achieve something I can't - by (more or less) choice.

No matter WHAT you put on top in this game, some people will feel entitled to it. If GGG caters to MY need, what about all the players out there with a lot more time on their hands? What are they supposed to achieve?

No, I'm OK with never reaching 100. And I'm OK with it being very time consuming.

If that is what you like I am fine with it, but I am sure large majority of people want to be level 100 and try to progress thier characters.

I am not saying you have to reach lvl 100 and nobody is but taking the freedom of working/responsible people from reaching 100 is another argument. Also the path to lvl 100 is chore and not a fun chore where you have to keep spamming maps which can not be sustained, the red maps are important now but they are hard to sustain and we all know that.

Also for your argument when people reach lvl 100 they can make another level 100 or keep experimenting with different builds, so I dont see how you see lvl 100 as end of all.
"
I liked open beta state where it took months for elite players..

Would you really run lvl 53 Ledge with Spectral Throw today?
Last edited by toyotatundra on Jun 26, 2016, 7:42:40 AM
"
ventiman wrote:
look at ssf anubart took him several month to reach 100 that should be the scope

Anuhart's first 100 came long, long time ago (mad respect!), game was different back then. He can do it much faster today, and don't forget that Anu doesn't really care about how fast he gets to 100. Even when he's 2 maps away from dinging, he'll still pick up and check every single rare that drops, go back to vendor them, casually chance a Snakebite, vaal it, and only then continue mapping.

He plays the game completely differently than the rest of us who use poe.trade.
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"

Why are we not focusing on issues such as it being more XP efficient to clear T8 maps instead of T11+ at lv99?

Everyone assumed the new xp nerf would accomplish this

Not everyone, and another reason why we aren't focusing on this is cause red maps are actually faster if your build is legit. I've gotten better xp/h in red maps for all but one of my chars, and hey, fastest ever 100 in PoE wasn't done running T8s.

To make red maps worth it, first GGG has to increase their droprates by a huge margin. GGG won't do that, obviously, for whatever misguided reason.
"
eXecut1on wrote:
It's just those stupid reddit trolls whining about last league's XP rate. The XP was totally fine, 100 was achievable but you still had to invest quite some no-life time for it. After getting to 100 last league I thought I'd do it this league again. I'm at lvl 92 and have 32 challenges. Gonna do 4 more challenges and quit, this is how bad the XP change is for me.

GGG just lower motivation to play more and longer their game, nothing else. Now its ONLY challenge grind to 36 and leave the game, plus super boring league as Prophecy helps drive ppl away from game.

If GGG wanted to help players leave the game - they achieve their goals fully with nerfing exp and Prophecy.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info