Make up your mind people on level 100

"
elwindakos wrote:

Make your freakin mind,cause i swear,shit like this makes me enraged

Does that give you more damage and attack/cast speed?
and I've only died 39 times. (c) Libbritania ( tokimeki ).
"
XaoG wrote:
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
The OP wants the community to choose whether they prefer level 100 to be easier or harder to get to. In reality, some people will want it to be easier, and others will want it to be harder. So, the OP is basically asking the community to somehow make up their mind collectively about something that is basically just individual preference. Seems equivalent to me.

The situation isn't even vaguely comparable.

You're attempting to compare something that is usually chosen entirely on subjective terms (for better or worse) to something that usually has some sort of reasoned thought behind it.

What this means is that only one party can be correct, and that one portion of the community is effectively wrong and should be ignored.

If it's not clear already, I hate relativism. This "oh, we better consider all beliefs and choices equally" nonsense poisons everything it touches.

And if you want to know what side of this I'm on, I have a question to answer your question: Why have a feature in your game that only a small minority of players will ever see, and doesn't really add anything of worth to the game otherwise?

Path of Exile is a game. That people play for fun. You seem to be trying to argue that one of the options will be objectively more fun. Fun is by its very nature entirely subjective. We don't need the 'poison' touch of relativism to tell us this - it's just common sense.

Of course GGG want to make the best decision for themselves - which probably means choosing the option that the majority of people will prefer. But it doesn't mean that the people in the minority are 'wrong'. They just have different things they find fun.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
I feel like the last 10 levels should be really difficult or time consuming to achieve, which is what they were in Open Beta. Anything past 90 then was a prestige thing and each level was something people looked forward to and congratulated one another for.

Getting to 90 right now is reasonably fast. You can do it within a few days if you wanted to so its not as if anyone is deprived of content. For all intents, most if not all builds are finished well before 90.

I'd like for us to go back to where 91+ levels was something you strived for. Right now, it doesn't quite feel like that. But hey, everyone has their own thoughts on what the journey to a 100 should be like. YMMV.
Last edited by Lyralei on Jun 23, 2016, 3:53:36 AM
"
Puraime wrote:

I dont think people are being entitled, I will keep playing the game anyways, until it becomes pay to win for gears, which I hope wont happen.

I just think game gets more boring if you start to see more and more fast and efficient builds in high levels instead of build diversity because of exp penalty makes more insenstive to such builds.

That is what I think.

Well, I may agree with you. But one one side, PoE has never had more build diversity than now. Almost ALL builds are viable to 100, and even "true melee" builds in their eighties may down Atziri.

If we start to demand that almost all builds aren't only viable, but EQUALLY EFFICIENT, we're probably asking for the impossible - the unbalanced - and the boring.

But as I see it, leveling to 100 is for the truly dedicated players. If you do not have the time or the dedication, you're not in the target group. Pretty easy to wrap our minds around, I would think.

And yes, I've played for many years, and no, I've never reached 100. And yes, I've built many characters that could easily do it. But I can't.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jun 23, 2016, 4:23:29 AM
"
Lyralei wrote:
I feel like the last 10 levels should be really difficult or time consuming to achieve, which is what they were in Open Beta. Anything past 90 then was a prestige thing and each level was something people looked forward to and congratulated one another for.

Getting to 90 right now is reasonably fast. You can do it within a few days if you wanted to so its not as if anyone is deprived of content. For all intents, most if not all builds are finished well before 90.

I'd like for us to go back to where 91+ levels was something you strived for. Right now, it doesn't quite feel like that. But hey, everyone has their own thoughts on what the journey to a 100 should be like. YMMV.

It was a long jurney to level up to lv90 because the game was very slow. Five years ago, clearing a single 75 monster level map would have taken you away 10-15 minutes. Today, you clear t13 maps in a couple of minutes.

The core problem is the speed. If you don't fix this, you won't make lv90 a real challenge for anyone that plays this game some hours every day. Since the game has increased its fastness, and will continue to do it progressively in the future, the only thing that GGG can try to do is to nerf exp, which is a totally blind and dumb choice because it only penalizes the causal player... those casual players that GGG wants to incentive to play this game in order to increase its profits. While the most experienced players and especially the nolifer ones will reach lv100 even with the exp nerfed without sweating. They are hitting the worst part of the community.

The only solution, at this point, is to let everyone reach lv100, and give for the people who plays a LOT this game another form of leveling... something similar to paragon in D3. Ascendancy could do this work: for now, the bonus you recieve from the labyrinth are too op compared to the challenge you have to face: you do the lab only 4 times, and every time you get a fuckin awesome boost. A more slow and progressive ascendancy could be an idea.
I'm fine with a longer road to 100, BUT they should change the map system! Endgame in PoE is horrible now.
GGG's the one that needs to make up their mind.

They feel people were getting to lvl 100 to quickly (when it took about a month? in a temp league).
Nerfed maps for Awakening.

Awakening launches and first to 100 is in 2 weeks? So it takes less time, despite the nerf and GGG wanting to slow it down. Also, more people get to 100 than in previous leagues, combined.

Subsequent leagues, more people get to 100 faster.

Prophecy, GGG nerfs xp penalty.

People still got to 100 faster than pre-Awakening.

Maybe GGG should have left maps alone if they really didn't want people getting to 100 so fast. Instead, they made it worse.
"
Serge91 wrote:
"
Lyralei wrote:

It was a long jurney to level up to lv90 because the game was very slow. Five years ago, clearing a single 75 monster level map would have taken you away 10-15 minutes. Today, you clear t13 maps in a couple of minutes.

The core problem is the speed. If you don't fix this, you won't make lv90 a real challenge for anyone that plays this game some hours every day. Since the game has increased its fastness, and will continue to do it progressively in the future, the only thing that GGG can try to do is to nerf exp, which is a totally blind and dumb choice because it only penalizes the causal player... those casual players that GGG wants to incentive to play this game in order to increase its profits. While the most experienced players and especially the nolifer ones will reach lv100 even with the exp nerfed without sweating. They are hitting the worst part of the community.

The only solution, at this point, is to let everyone reach lv100, and give for the people who plays a LOT this game another form of leveling... something similar to paragon in D3. Ascendancy could do this work: for now, the bonus you recieve from the labyrinth are too op compared to the challenge you have to face: you do the lab only 4 times, and every time you get a fuckin awesome boost. A more slow and progressive ascendancy could be an idea.

There's a lot of ways to make things more difficult:
- Nerf player damage across the board;
- Go through OP things ( like, there's a LOT of these nowadays) and nerf those;
- Increase monster HP, thus slowing things down;
- Introduce new types of map layout making progressing slower;
- Add diminishing returns to dps in some form. Say 10% after 100 000k DPS gives you 5% more damage;
- More hard hitting mechanics. Not oneshots, but something really balanced;
- Nerf XP gain;
- Buff the XP penalty;
- Nerf small things. E.g. mana capacity was doubled. Why? Presumably QoL. But it opened like a ton of possiblities to increase damage/defence. So easy to sustain right now.

I stopped writing the list above as soon as I started to make ideas slower than typing, and I type fast.

All in all the only acceptable option from the list above seems to be #2, nerf OP stuff and combos that buffs DPS.

Actually one more idea which is probably better than anything above:
A bit of everything: you will notice the difference but you will not hit a brick wall in one place - just some things will get slower. Add/substract 10% off of every of those points and you will get a LOT of slow down, which will be more painful for 1 000 000 + DPS and less painful for 10 000-30 000 DPS guys.

What do you think?
and I've only died 39 times. (c) Libbritania ( tokimeki ).
Last edited by ZL0J on Jun 23, 2016, 2:59:45 PM
I honestly don't care. I'll never hit it on HC...be lucky if I hit it on standard.

"
Lyralei wrote:

This coming from someone who's completed countless races but never a lvl 100. Opinion invalid.
IGN:Flickfrap

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info