Reddit news - 2.4.0 is all about the end-game

labyrinth and now uberlab are the new good content but sadly only catering to a limited few "i dont give a damn if i take dmg" builds.

it doesn´t help that 8 asscandy points can turn certain classes into monsters while others barely benefit from 2 more points after 6.

prophecies are 90% junk and involve you to go back to off-maps into acts to finish them and get new prophecies.

at first i liked the fresh start and all that but i´ve barely any motivation left to play this league thinking of something new to try out on standart instead where i can throw money around and not be limited by RNGesus.
"
innervation wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Chris has said a lot of stuff... and you choose to believe him this time?

You guys still holding on to things they said they wanted to do 4 years ago while the game was still a beta and they were a staff of 7? You have to let it go.

That's exactly what people are doing - letting go. Everytime they say "new way of playing the game" "focusing on new end game". It's nearly the opposite.

New league is probably going to suck and be lackluster
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
"
Kechop wrote:
labyrinth and now uberlab are the new good content but sadly only catering to a limited few "i dont give a damn if i take dmg" builds.

it doesn´t help that 8 asscandy points can turn certain classes into monsters while others barely benefit from 2 more points after 6.

prophecies are 90% junk and involve you to go back to off-maps into acts to finish them and get new prophecies.

at first i liked the fresh start and all that but i´ve barely any motivation left to play this league thinking of something new to try out on standart instead where i can throw money around and not be limited by RNGesus.

There is nothing good about the lab. My builds laugh at that place and basically one shot izaro I still dont go there. What for?

boss too easy totally uninteresting fight
monster all get one shot
cant pause/trade with portals like real maps
astronomical odds on crafts so its not worth my time
no exp basically

its just not entertaining. But yeah if you're a glass cannon its even less entertaining because one wrong move and you're dead. All time wasted.

I think ive ascended 7 toons (2 to lvl 8) and been in lab less than 30x. The two last ladder i ascend went in exactly 4 times, 3 for the 1st and once merc for second guy, no more than necessary. Doesnt interest me AT ALL.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 23, 2016, 1:15:50 PM
"
Xavderion wrote:

E: Last comment was unnecessarily harsh. Let me reword that. I don't have very much faith in their "promises" anymore. Wait n see what they come up with before any hype from me.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Jun 23, 2016, 1:12:49 PM
Hf :)
Im hoping for parts in the new content that are not RNG or currency gated basically something you can enter with increasing difficulty maybe in combination with a ladder who got to the deepest level of that dungeon.

What really is missing in this game from a standard players standpoint are some areas/bosses which are freely accessible but harder than anything else in the game. Id be fine with no loot/xp drops there - just something to show off how far you can get.
I want some endgame challenges that require a long time preparation and understanding of the game. Even if it require a dedicated character to achieve it.
Hf :)
reddit news > all other news combined
Is this end game focused towards standard? I don't play leagues.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
"
zzang wrote:
Im hoping for parts in the new content that are not RNG or currency gated basically something you can enter with increasing difficulty maybe in combination with a ladder who got to the deepest level of that dungeon.

What really is missing in this game from a standard players standpoint are some areas/bosses which are freely accessible but harder than anything else in the game. Id be fine with no loot/xp drops there - just something to show off how far you can get.

+1

Diablo 3 is inferior to PoE in every aspect, except how (end)game difficulty & reward can be tuned. Endless progression + scalable difficulty, instead of pay-to-play static difficulty maps in PoE, where you have to faceroll 10 hours of low content, to be able to play 1 hour of difficult high content.

For me, the Labyrinth turned out to be a nice change in design philosphy and I hope GGG will continue in this direction: challenging content you can always jump into.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info