Reddit news - 2.4.0 is all about the end-game

"
Pewzor wrote:
"
innervation wrote:

The challenge league will be focused on early game to 'fill in the gaps'. a.k.a. change the game meaningfully for people who play casually.

Most casual players doesnt bother with leagues. Most I know that play casually create a character on new league see some league mechanics and go back to standard. Just look at all the people with below 12 challenges.

The first 24 challenges are very simple... even a simple regular play thru on 1 character with light mapping will get to 12 without knowing in less than a week in to league.

Obviously my casual is different than other people's, but I believe I play casually

just not 1 hour a night casual XD
Cool. Now tell me what the fuck is reddit and since when it is a new official PoE site?
Next time please post your fucking news on [Removed by Support].
Bullshit makes the flowers grow
Last edited by Luca_GGG on Aug 12, 2019, 7:25:43 PM
"
Pewzor wrote:

Most casual players doesnt bother with leagues. Most I know that play casually create a character on new league see some league mechanics and go back to standard. Just look at all the people with below 12 challenges.

o hai there from me, with only 10 done this league :(
I need more purple titles
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Chris has said a lot of stuff... and you choose to believe him this time?

You guys still holding on to things they said they wanted to do 4 years ago while the game was still a beta and they were a staff of 7? You have to let it go.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
Meh the temp leagues are kind of bad lately. Especially now that lab is in thengame i hate doing master grinding lab 4 times and the challenge mechanics are usually pretty unepic.
Well let me ask you this.

Who was it who said that leagues were too boring and that people quit a month and a half in no matter what, that leagues should be shorter and we should do more of them instead of having a few 4 month ones ?

That would be the community.

Soo when it comes down to it, the fact is the community pressured GGG into something that effectively made it harder for them create good content. Though i think Prophecy is great in terms of content and its probably the best league in terms of being unique, the fact is it was just a bit underwhelming but its also easy to change as GGG mentioned.

We are expecting far too much out of GGG right now with their current resources if you ask me.

I dont disagree with that. I primary play standard these days. I will hop on a league and level a bit to see if its fun but it just isnt anymore. The concept of Prophecy is very creative...but they ultimately don't amount to much which is a problem and quickly becomes a bore or a chore.

To be completely honest I really think GGG needs to begin implementing the temp league mechanics into the core game. The game could honestly be quite robust if they did.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
They kept saying leagues are "beta test shards" for new mechanics for core game. Yet standard has been left alone for quite awhile.

There are a lot of newbs and people who doesn't want to endlessly reroll (or cant handle not having all the items they need in their stash already) and play the same fucking 11.2 acts plus 3 labs minimum per reroll.

Reroll spam and the negligence of standard will make PoE look really bad like the rollercoaster ride PoE has rightnow (players peaks when league release then drops off by over 400% 4 to 5 weeks in).

I don't really play stantard anymore but I feel horrible for stantard only players and the newbs that can't handle reroll spams like PoE makes you do if you want to experience new mechanics before GGG deletes them.

Just because some people prefer to never leave standard doesn't mean you should treat them as they don't exist and keep stantard as shitty as possible.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Jun 23, 2016, 1:34:19 AM
Probably more Red map shit. I.E "you're not really supposed to sustain these" DansFuckingGame.
Greater rifts type thing would be fantastic. Another way to compete in addition to something to do with your OP toon. I wouldn't even care about drops or exp. Just long haul boss fights and stuff.

Not everyone likes or has time or wants to level up masters every league, screw around with lab, or play these silly challenges like slave grind 1400 Dry Lake maps. Personally I've been there done that and tired of it. Want something else. My play has grinned to a halt and POE forums are the true end game lol.

Git R Dun!
"
A second floor to each lab :D

Seriously. If it is connected to the Lab, then I dunno. I can only stomach so much of that stuff. Its already cut my will to play in half. GGG can look at my playstime statistics from a year ago to now...Im only playing sporadically, and only doing the bare minimum in Lab for my AC points. I don't return once im done with it.

"
Bars wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
I hope it's anything in the direction that Lab set: skill-check gameplay difficulty (not neccesarily traps), instead of RNG boredom and maps not dropping. But the hopes GGG will put PoE on the path of a hardcore game, instead of a piss-easy grinder, arent that high... So, Lab haters, don't raise your pitchforks just yet :P

Hate to break it to you but the lab is just another grind-based content with strict build requirements. You either have a build which trivialises it and speedfarm it or you go through it once and don't return.

I'm liking your posts. Spot on with everything.

I do the lab for my AC and dont return.

And the reason I feel compelled to do the lab for the points is because the new and interesting builds are gated behind this crap. Id like to check out the new playstyles...but i have to run this crappy lab first.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info