Reddit news - 2.4.0 is all about the end-game

I just hope its not build gated end game that started from atziri, act 4 bosses and uber lab nowadays.
Last edited by Puraime on Jun 22, 2016, 4:45:13 AM
Meh the temp leagues are kind of bad lately. Especially now that lab is in thengame i hate doing master grinding lab 4 times and the challenge mechanics are usually pretty unepic.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Last edited by TheAshmaker on Jun 22, 2016, 5:55:42 AM
Just to add, Chris also then clarified with:

"I mean that for players who aren't interested in the end-game, the content they'll find interesting is the challenge league content rather than the expansion content. The expansion content is for end-game players (and of course goes into Standard immediately like other expansions)."

So challenge league content will likely not be balanced around end game it sounds like?

~Myth
Last edited by Mythkiller on Jun 22, 2016, 6:15:27 AM
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
Meh the temp leagues are kind of bad lately. Especially now that lab is in thengame i hate doing master grinding lab 4 times and the challenge mechanics are usually pretty unepic.
Well let me ask you this.

Who was it who said that leagues were too boring and that people quit a month and a half in no matter what, that leagues should be shorter and we should do more of them instead of having a few 4 month ones ?

That would be the community.

Soo when it comes down to it, the fact is the community pressured GGG into something that effectively made it harder for them create good content. Though i think Prophecy is great in terms of content and its probably the best league in terms of being unique, the fact is it was just a bit underwhelming but its also easy to change as GGG mentioned.

We are expecting far too much out of GGG right now with their current resources if you ask me.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Jun 22, 2016, 6:47:58 AM
"
Mythkiller wrote:
Just to add, Chris also then clarified with:

"I mean that for players who aren't interested in the end-game, the content they'll find interesting is the challenge league content rather than the expansion content. The expansion content is for end-game players (and of course goes into Standard immediately like other expansions)."

So challenge league content will likely not be balanced around end game it sounds like?

~Myth

Imagine Prophecy without the best prophecies (fated connections, trash to treasure). It's not a question of balance, but one of focus. What Chris is hinting at, I think, is something that you interact with a lot in normal, somewhat in cruel, less in merciless, and by end game it's not worth your time. Like what I described in the first sentence. You'd do the mechanics while leveling to spice things up, or play the game in a new way, but it's something that doesn't translate to bonus items or experience once you hit maps.
In my personal opinion the game would be much more healthy if leagues wouldnt be seperate game servers where you need to start over, but some game content that is temporalm and you can jump into at any moment with existing characters. They shouldnt revolve around leveling up and rushing to get the highest level possible, but about mastering the new content that is additional.

For example content where you jump in and the game just give you character at like 30-50 level.
You get random starting skill and weapon ,got 10 minutes to put all skill points and you gotta survive in arena or area with only selffound gear/skills or progress as much as possible in some time limit. Basicaly mix RNG with your ability as player to adapt with what game throws at you. You die and its over, you get rewards based on your perfomance. you get back to normal game and you can try again whenever you want. Content that you can pick up on the run is always the best content possible to make.
Also with content like this you dont need seperate servers, you dont divide population of game between leagues (with hurts the game), you dont gate anything behind grind where you need to start over. You just talk to npc and ready yourself for 1 hour of fun. You compete with other people based on who perform better in that 1 hour. Mot versus people who have no life and you have no chance against
Last edited by herflik on Jun 22, 2016, 11:22:38 AM
All about the end game?

So not about economy and sinking other people's orbs?

We'll see, we'll see.
Casually casual.

Chris has said a lot of stuff... and you choose to believe him this time?
I can't take Chris seriously anymore sadly.
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
innervation wrote:
That seems like a distinction without a difference.

Not really, casual players don't want to replay 11 acts over and over and over and over and over on empty stash (and now with 3 labs on top)... which is essentially what PoE leagues require you to do.

Bingo, why we stick with Standard.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info