Do you think its unfair how useless the ascendancy made Scion in this game?

"
TriniGamer wrote:

I don't see discharge ever being viable on scion again.

Discharge is not only viable, it's retarded even, with no ascendancy whatsoever.
The large issue with the scion ascendancy nodes is that they dont actually reflect any of the ascendancies of any of the classes well.

pretty much in every case the scion ascendancies mostly amount to minor passive bonuses that have no real impact.

And that too me defeats the purpose of ascending in the first place . ascending is supposed to be character defining. ascending as the scion doesnt change her in any real defining way.

you want a summoner scion? well all you really get is a slightly better offering (like 4% attack speed or block) you get a little more attack and cast speed.. your auras have tiny bit of bonuses and you basically have 1 permanent endurance charge.

vs a witch which gains the benefits of her offering. or increases the amount of corpses desecrate gives by 40% or gains 20% resist all for free just by having an aura. or gaining 10% + physical resists..

think about this for a moment. 4 minor necro nodes is what? 60 minion damage and a gaggle of other stuff 10% life here, cast speed there ... etc essentially it is 8 passives worth of stuff.

the scion can get 3 passive points and then each individual ascendancy is about 3ish passives worth of benefits so at worst a scion is getting about 9 minor nodes and at best 11 to the witches 8... before even counting the major ascendancy nodes on her tree.

That is not even considering the possibility that the best the scion can do with said passives is maybe get a jewel or something which would barely make up for the 3 point investment.

Awful. just awful. the only reason to go scion right now is if for some reason you only want raw stat points. But i cant really think of anything that would need that.. or at the very least need it enough to override just going a specific class and ascendancy.

maybe a ghost buster? but then you could make bank by going say juggernaut and save major points on endurance charge generation etc by taking all of those tanky ascendancy nodes.
Why are people still answering this troll TriniGamer? He hates PoE and is a D3 Fanboy. Stop it guys, dont feed him....
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Scion was mainly good because of the Berserker life leech. I dropped my Scion after the nerf.

Have now gone to Ranger Pathfinder for permanent uptime instant leech Vinktars which solves all my leech issues. I wouldn't go back to Scion even if Berserker was unnerfed.

same for me, even if they were to un nerf that Berserker on scion, having a taste of Juggernaut now there is noway in hell I would care to go back to scion.

Only real solution is create a brand new separate ascendant class for scion just like all other classes here. You could see scion was a rushed botched job her ascendant tree doesn't even have a artwork like every other class tree does.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
The large issue with the scion ascendancy nodes is that they dont actually reflect any of the ascendancies of any of the classes well.

pretty much in every case the scion ascendancies mostly amount to minor passive bonuses that have no real impact.

And that too me defeats the purpose of ascending in the first place . ascending is supposed to be character defining. ascending as the scion doesnt change her in any real defining way.

you want a summoner scion? well all you really get is a slightly better offering (like 4% attack speed or block) you get a little more attack and cast speed.. your auras have tiny bit of bonuses and you basically have 1 permanent endurance charge.

vs a witch which gains the benefits of her offering. or increases the amount of corpses desecrate gives by 40% or gains 20% resist all for free just by having an aura. or gaining 10% + physical resists..

think about this for a moment. 4 minor necro nodes is what? 60 minion damage and a gaggle of other stuff 10% life here, cast speed there ... etc essentially it is 8 passives worth of stuff.

the scion can get 3 passive points and then each individual ascendancy is about 3ish passives worth of benefits so at worst a scion is getting about 9 minor nodes and at best 11 to the witches 8... before even counting the major ascendancy nodes on her tree.

That is not even considering the possibility that the best the scion can do with said passives is maybe get a jewel or something which would barely make up for the 3 point investment.

Awful. just awful. the only reason to go scion right now is if for some reason you only want raw stat points. But i cant really think of anything that would need that.. or at the very least need it enough to override just going a specific class and ascendancy.

maybe a ghost buster? but then you could make bank by going say juggernaut and save major points on endurance charge generation etc by taking all of those tanky ascendancy nodes.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

For saying it, for speaking sense in this thread. There is literally no use going scion with any build. Except some 0 damage max block afk build. Like who even does that? lol

If you actually play the scion then play the very same build on another character you realize how useless it is on scion.

Like for example the Juggernaut nodes are so powerful that you are saving about 20 nodes if you tried the same thing for a discharge scion. And people are tricked into believing 3 nodes is plenty because to them ow its 3 nodes on the passive tree whoaaaa this gotta be good man.

Last edited by TriniGamer on Jun 22, 2016, 11:07:24 AM
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Scion was mainly good because of the Berserker life leech. I dropped my Scion after the nerf.

Have now gone to Ranger Pathfinder for permanent uptime instant leech Vinktars which solves all my leech issues. I wouldn't go back to Scion even if Berserker was unnerfed.

They should still go back/revert these nerfs.
Git R Dun!
My biggest problem with how Ascendant works is that you get basically nothing for Ascending in normal.
The class would be a LOT better if it could get each of the major nodes with just 2 points.
This would also make sense, because that's how many points you get for each difficulty. Like the other classes, you'd get one major Ascendancy node per difficulty. It's just weird to me that they don't match up like that.
If you could get a total of... I guess now it would be 4 of the 6 classes, then, then we'd have a powerful Scion class. Not only would the class be powerful, but it might be easier to balance, and players would have a better progression through each difficulty of the lab.
Last edited by Etheoff on Jun 22, 2016, 1:08:24 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

Yeah but why does it matter?

When you actually use other classes for the same build you realize how useless scion was even before the nerf. People only use the scion of of the illusion that she is good for anything its only until you use other classes you really see whats happening.

Reverting nerf won't help, they need to scrap the entire ascendnat of scion and do 3 completely new ones for her like how all other classes has it.

"
TriniGamer wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

Yeah but why does it matter?

When you actually use other classes for the same build you realize how useless scion was even before the nerf. People only use the scion of of the illusion that she is good for anything its only until you use other classes you really see whats happening.

Reverting nerf won't help, they need to scrap the entire ascendnat of scion and do 3 completely new ones for her like how all other classes has it.

I don't believe the proper course of action is to completely scrap the idea at hand, its really good if the classes are balanced and all strong selections, like most pathing selections for the other classes.

I wish there was something else instead of the pass thru starting location thing for scion, other then grabbing stat nodes, the suggestion I saw a while back was allow them to be converted to regular skill tree points, while only being 2 more points, that can help with various issues, maybe 2 is too little but I think 4 would be too much and 3 is just odd and doesn't actually make sense on how to communicate it.

I REALLY like the idea that the scion gets all these subthings she can invest into to make a special character, but if they are weak then the class is weak, instead of GGG making alternatives better they just nerfed what was popular, despite not really being that great when you think about

a) 2 additional points for AC doesn't give scion that much
b) can only pick 1 of each of the other classes subclass, like cant pick 2 ranger ones or 2 shadow ones.

Alternatively reverting the nerf, adjusting the others to be a bit better (some are suppose to be niche) and if necessary adding some other new thing to scion to give her something "truly" unqiue, perhaps adding sockets to the "big" 40 combined stat nodes, potentially opening up the room for an ascendant that doesn't take any of the subclasses, but grabs additional stat\sockets instead.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
TriniGamer wrote:
Like scion has always been my favorite char but with these ascendancy, scion gets the shitty points.

Different story: I always hated this class and now it is finally perfectly balanced! ;o)
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Jun 22, 2016, 3:00:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info