Do you think its unfair how useless the ascendancy made Scion in this game?

useless but still better than 7 other classes and almost 4 times more often used than guardian

"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Jun 22, 2016, 3:18:59 AM
Yes. Assassin is most ubiquitous now.
Best caster.
Best attacker.
Starts with good life in area.
Can play CI, Life, LL and hybrid well.
100% crit and over 500CD is hard to turn down for any build totems to CoC.
Best keystone in game is right there (vaal pact)

Almost anything Scion can do assassin can do better.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 22, 2016, 4:28:47 AM
Scion is all about the starting area and Jewels. The starting in another Class start is pretty strong as well. Scion i think was always ment to be one of the harder to make work classes in the game because of its versatility. Only problem right now is the other class's Ascendancy's are simply so much stronger than any combination you can get with the Scion that most people will go the easier AND stronger route. Makes sense why would anyone want to work harder on their build to make it work well AND have it do less than some of the other starting class's.. Like Assassin for example. About the only other thing going for Scion is a couple Extra passive points but those get burned up on just one Extra Jewel so even those are not that much in the grand scheme of things.

Scion is a class that seems pretty tough to balance. as seen before if its too strong its the goto everyone will use and if its just slightly too weak no one will use it.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Jun 22, 2016, 5:18:00 AM
If you want Discharge, i think that the better solution is Hierophant: with Conviction of power, you have "a mini voll's devotion" for free
"
kamil1210 wrote:
useless but still better than 7 other classes and almost 4 times more often used than guardian

Nice chart, i expected it to be higher but the mid point isnt bad at all. I think its fine that ascendant is a jack of all trade, fits the scion. Able to do anything at a mediocre level but usually wont be better than another class that does it. There are some things that scion does better though which can generally be seen in some other posts where people break down class vs class.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
The whole Ascendent cass needs a complete overhowl/rework imho. Maybe don't tie it to existant Ascendancys as much as it is now and try to create very unique treats which non of the other classes can do better or do at all.

In this moment any Ascendancy class can do the same thing better (even all the niche stuff) than Scion - this should change. Scion should be able to do niche unique stuff which can't be done by other classes to make it interesting but not OP.
"
Wiesl_1404 wrote:
The whole Ascendent cass needs a complete overhowl/rework imho. Maybe don't tie it to existant Ascendancys as much as it is now and try to create very unique treats which non of the other classes can do better or do at all.

In this moment any Ascendancy class can do the same thing better (even all the niche stuff) than Scion - this should change. Scion should be able to do niche unique stuff which can't be done by other classes to make it interesting but not OP.
Id rather they didnt go back to "Path of Scion", where everyone is playing it.

Im pretty sure Scion does do niche things that cannot be done by other classes right now, especially since she can travel around the tree much more efficiently with how her Ascending works.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
To answer the op and title, no i do not think it is unfair and scion is not useless.
Spreading salt since 2006
I like Scion (and Marmite)
Favourite armour? Hmmm, I forget it's name, but it's that scarlet one that whatsherface wears when she wants to look splendid.

I like Marmite.
Yes, I do think it is unfair. I have played 2 scions before ascendancy ever released. Now, I would never play it after trying to make several characters in the planner. Everything does what it can do better. There is no advantage to even the starting at another point in the tree that could make up for the completely null tree bonuses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info