Do you think its unfair how useless the ascendancy made Scion in this game?

Like scion has always been my favorite char but with these ascendancy, scion gets the shitty points.

The scion is so broken right now, Juggernaut is like hundreds of times superior when it comes to discharge. Or anyother class simply out does the scion 10 fold. GGG says well scion can pick points from 2 ascendancy but really and truly its terrible points that they give you. Its not like you can pick the entire ascendancy of another class.

I don't see discharge ever being viable on scion again.

Really sucks what happened here.

I don't see scion being useful unless they make her a completely new ascendancy tree. Complete with different points from all other classes even an art work aswell just like the other class.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last edited by TriniGamer on Jun 21, 2016, 8:45:04 PM
Last bumped on Jun 27, 2016, 7:47:24 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I think the scion ascendancy nodes should let you choose 1 ascendancy node from that class's tree. So you could pick the berserker leech node and the assassin crit node if you want. Or Endless hunger with the berserker's 100% leech node. Or Perma-fortify with whatever node you want.

That would obviously be too strong, so they would have to balance it. But to do that, they would have to make it so the other classes didn't have stupidly OP nodes, or waste-of-space nodes either. Which would mean the scion will be fun to play, and the other classes might finally be balanced.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Jun 21, 2016, 10:05:44 PM
I honestly can't wrap my head around a Scion build - and I probably never will. The true subclass nodes are too good - and I don't like the reduced versions of them.

BUT as far as statistics go, the scion was the most used class when they first released the numbers in Perandus league.

There's something out there, I think we just aren't seeing it.
Last edited by Hunderpanzer on Jun 21, 2016, 10:11:19 PM
"
BUT as far as statistics go, the scion was the most used class when they first released the numbers in Perandus league.
That's an illusion, exile. It seemed so because each class had 3 subclasses while scion had only one.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
"
That's an illusion, exile. It seemed so because each class had 3 subclasses while scion had only one.

That and Scion was basically THE fotm voltaxic spark class with 50% pierce, proj speed and free leech.

The Scion's "choose your own ascendancy" is great on paper and fits well with the whole tree mobility theme, but it's poorly executed. Instead of cool trees we got the worst of everything.
^ couldn't have said it better. When you look at the actual nodes you get for say Juggernaut Scion it is by far the WORSE in the tree.

So even if they gave you 3 classes the scion would still be bad because the nodes they give you are the terrible one and even worse its a watered down node aswell.

Scion was used plenty because she used to be able to do any build being in the middle of the tree. But with Ascendancy she is 99% useless.

The only solution here is to allow the full ascendancy tree of any character onto the scion or completely revamp Scion ascendancy and give her her own version like everyone else.

I bought invisible MTX for scion to remove her helm and turns out it was a waste of my money because I don't user her and that mtx is useless on most other heroes. People would only really buy it for females mainly.

People slam in to defend it sometimes talking about how insane saving some points on the passive tree is, but never show actual work on it. It's weird.
"
TriniGamer wrote:
Like scion has always been my favorite char but with these ascendancy, scion gets the shitty points.
Seriously? Dude, you've made 1 scion.

"
DrGoatMD wrote:
People slam in to defend it sometimes talking about how insane saving some points on the passive tree is, but never show actual work on it. It's weird.
It's more than just saving points. It's GETTING 2 and now 3 ADDITIONAL points. Plus the ascendency nodes. Scion also has the best access to sockets. In Perandus it was great. They've nerfed the best node (Berserker) this league though and now other choices are more often better. The 1.5% unconditional life leech made any self caster/attacker really good. You gained an extra socket where life leech gem wasn't needed.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jun 22, 2016, 1:16:19 AM
^ LOL get a load of this guy.

He thinks that 3 passives and the scion trash nodes is even remotely close to what a real Juggernaut tree can do ahahhahahahahaha.

Folks please don't listen to this guy, even the Author of rainbow nuke trashed his scion. The proof is out there nobody plays scion anymore because its a trash class. Don't take my word for it, look

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1581072

Even Tackle70 author of rainbow nuke build trashed his level 100 scion for a templar.

And I am supposed to take these poe white knights seriously? LOL but then its typical of these expensive "support pack" folks around there here parts to defend the indefensible. Some people don't realize they would make good lawyers.

Last edited by TriniGamer on Jun 22, 2016, 1:37:59 AM
Lets see, should I pick scion and get a watered down useless berserker with the only useful skill life steal at 1%

And combine it with another useless skill node? how about a 10% chance to gain a frenzy charge on kill? LOL yeah thats real helpful.

Tell me again what kind of build am I supposed to limit myself with in order to use the scion? lolz show me these exciting builds that are currently done better on scion than another character that actually has a real useful tree?

How about the Scion Juggernaut that does not even have the perk the unrelenting skill thats actually a game changer if you play a real Juggernaut eh?

Do tell me how I am going to use my volls devo on this scion. Or how about the inquisitor perk on scion that grants 110% crit chance on my mjolner build with Romira's banquet? Ow wait thats right I have to AVOID crit chances. aaaah.....

Ow wait a minute how about I sell the kingsguard and get volls mail so I can make use of inquisitor? ow damn it thats right no 100 life regen from kingsguard and a useless 1% berserker means I will die in 2 seconds.

aaaaahhh.

but but but but wait a minute what if I just went Marauder and took Juggernaut? I could SAVE myself 4 PASSIVES by avoiding resolute and just using the 1000 accuracy on the jug tree. Along with that other perk?

OTHER PERK? yeah the juggernaut perk that extends endurance charge and gives a +1 max endurance charge.

Saving myself ANOTHER 6 Passives on the tree.

But but but but it don't stop there, I then go for Unrelenting which guarantees constant forever 6 endurance charges AND resistance boost.

You know the actual useful perks? aah boy or I could go for 3 passives nodes from the scion tree. LOLZ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info