[2.3][Cheap][PHC] RF Juggernaut Discharger

Level 90 achieved which was my goal. Proceeded to try pale council and died to OP spark! See you next league!
Current lvl: 90

How it works:
Discharge + Unrelenting + Warlords Mark = Going from pack to pack exploding everything.
Shield charge for movement, fortify and elemental equilibrium.

Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAMbYWGPzjcAB97k9_PSDBsYWu8RYXaT2SN3VXz_BBBQgVbXvDp7NUEfSIacwVw3yQZ_LAefZYZZs85uCBxRNNuitjRkukc5oZfxLGlVGac9-J-277byfYSHE9gYOGJGE76-nxBXGrnKp1Hyi6trBHM49DzwtDF_3Mgn2EuEuU3TtK1B8u4Nfg8wcp3zZ028FLQ3NOti3PlOleu_-VCcvAZHsOEGH_gqQVS3SgpuFe_no8kXYvRo4mjtmVGh0gsc64TWSn9_tPNpiKPodvqZX_o_vfDwF1aYYVpitM4dN48BmA-4Es6IA8B9o8nwOp1VboEPI

Bandits: Oak, kill, oak.

How to level
Get a Tabua, Wanderlust and a Goldrim.
Use whatever skill/weapon you want up to 28, I used molten strike and sunder.
As for the tree get the maura melee nodes instead of the life nodes (linked leveling skill tree). You get enough respec points from quests to respec for free when you eventually decide to swap to discharge/rf.

At 28 we use Earthquake and Geofri's Baptism up until level 68. Yes you heard me right, it actually has great damage all the way into act 4 merciless. At that point I swapped to Kaom's Primacy and leveled until 75, but you can start doing RF/discharge long before that if you really want. All that's required for that is normal/cruel lab for the Unrelenting ascendancy node.

Support gems for Earthquake: Less duration, melee physical damage, added fire damage, weapon elemental damage, increased area of effect.

Gear/gems

Text in italic=gems have to be bought.
B/R/G = gem colours.
str/int/dex = gear attribute requirements

KINGSGUARD str/int
B Discharge
R Fire pen
B Increased aoe
B Controlled destruction
B Elemental Focus
-
B Lightning warp

ASTRAMENTIS
RARE RING / KAOM'S WAY
KAOM'S WAY
RARE BELT

REPENTENCE str/int
B Righteous fire
B Elemental focus
B Inc aoe
R Inc burning dmg

RARE BOOTS str
R Shield charge
G Faster attacks
B Added lightning / G Added cold / R Endurance charge on melee stun (if using doryani's invitation and you have another source of lightning/cold dmg to proc ele equilib)
R Fortify

RISE OF THE PHOENIX str/int
R Stone Golem
B Minion Life
R Fortify

DORYANI'S CATALYST / DOON CUEBIYARI str/int
R Cwdt
R Immortal call
R Inc duration

RARE HELMET str
B Blasphemy
R Warlords mark
R Purity of fire
R Enduring cry

Potions: 2x insta heal pots, 1x fire pots, doedre's elixir, 1x lightning pot.

Current gear/gems:

Examples of jewels to look for:

Map mods:
- Minus max res and greatly reduced regen mods are to be avoided, though you can still run them fairly well by turning off RF.
- Elemental reflect is suicide, BUT you can run it only using RF. Since we have elemental equilibrium it's still quite fast. Remember to remove discharge from skillbar!
- Vulnerability is unpleasant, but doable if you keep your endu charges up.
- Hexproof is just annoying since you will have to rely more on enduring cry.

Things to note:
1: You will need about 80 int on your rare items and/or jewels to equip repentance
2: Capping resists can be a bit tricky if you go with two kaom's way. Either go with a rare ring or get resists on jewels
3: If you have a rare ring with either cold or lighning damage added to attacks you can drop added cold/lightning gem on shield charge for endurance charges on stun. This actually works surprisingly well with doryani's catalyst, at least on white mobs
4: Ignite is something to consider for bosses. Swapping ele focus with chance to ignite would do the trick
5: If you're extra poor you can run discharge in a Doon's Cuebiyari, it actually works pretty well.
6: You can make using Doedre's Elixir your Immortal Call button by making sure CWDT is low enough level to trigger every time you use Doedre's Elixer.

Different variations of the build

- Main RF version. Simply use your 5/6 link for Righteous Fire instead of discharge, fith link would be Rapid Decay. OR go with Kaom's Heart and use a 4 link for RF. You could go with either Doon or Doryani for weapon. If using Doon you can socket in Discharge or even Flame Surge for single target. Either way Repentance would serve little purpose, freeing up your glove slot.

- Volls Devotion. This is the version I eventually plan on speccing into. I would swap a ring for Romira's Banquet and obviously Astramentis for Volls. This is pretty GG end game version because it requires really good gear to get enough int and cap resistances, not to mention Voll's costing over 600 chaos orbs. You would use Mjølner and maybe swap to cyclone instead of shield charge, molten strike for single target. This version allows us to use Enfeeble instead of Warlord's Mark.

I enjoy answering questions about my builds so ask away! I'd be glad to update the build further if anything is unclear.
Last edited by Scully on Jul 14, 2016, 6:34:11 PM
Last bumped on Jul 5, 2016, 8:13:14 PM
Hey bro, I have exactly the same build as you are doing, with my own twist of course.I'm lvl78 and killing everything that comes near RF, it's actually sad I can't use Discharge, they die so fast. But once you get to T10+ maps, they can resists a bit more then you can use discharge and just BURN EVERYTHING to the ground, feels so freaking nice.

So far my stats are :
4,5k Life
35k Discharge
90% Phys reduction (full charged - 8)
Phoenix Shield = 89 Fire restist(purity of fire)
I'm using Doryani's Catalyst

To be honest with you, this is the most fun I've had playing this game, HOLY COW, this build just blew my mind!
IGN: ArcZero
©ArcZero™
"
arcax123 wrote:
Hey bro, I have exactly the same build as you are doing, with my own twist of course.I'm lvl78 and killing everything that comes near RF, it's actually sad I can't use Discharge, they die so fast. But once you get to T10+ maps, they can resists a bit more then you can use discharge and just BURN EVERYTHING to the ground, feels so freaking nice.

So far my stats are :
4,5k Life
35k Discharge
90% Phys reduction (full charged - 8)
Phoenix Shield = 89 Fire restist(purity of fire)
I'm using Doryani's Catalyst

To be honest with you, this is the most fun I've had playing this game, HOLY COW, this build just blew my mind!

Nice! My biggest question is if it's worth it to go for ignite? Ditching ignite means I can drop Doryani's Invitation, Mokou's Embrace and Chance to Ignite for Elemental Focus.
Ohh no brother, you can't drop ignite, this is a huge boost to your damage. ignite + RF = RIP GGG. About the mokou's and doryani's invitation, it's better to run rare items with good stats, but you do what works best for you.

Someday I will try with Mjölner ShieldCharge, but without the volls. This is the meta build right now, freaking 20ex+ on that amulet, jesus lord.
©ArcZero™
Yeah, I really like Mjolner too, but I'll try self cast first. I do want to drop dory's invi and mokou, but then I'm left with like 54% chance to ignite (49% from chance to ignite support and 5% from tree).
UPDATE!

I tried your idea with elemental focus, it's actualy really good. Since I do so much damage that the burn is not even needed, why not just increase the base damage, that's what I did and it's working pretty well so far, lvl80.
©ArcZero™
I made some changes. Mainly that I don't go ignite anymore which frees up gem slot, a ring and belt. That makes it easier to cap res and I did need a couple of gear pieces with INT to equip Repentence anyway (306 int req). Damage is absolutely insane and I'm only lvl 75 at the moment.

I also use doryani's catalyst instead of doon. This means faster attack speed which is nice for shield charge, but more importantly it means I can use endu charge on melee stun with my shield charge. Since doryanis catalyst actually has pretty decent attack damage this works great against white mobs. I might try to experiment a bit by grabbing the stun nodes below maurader, but I don't think I'll need them.
Last edited by Scully on Jun 24, 2016, 8:48:37 PM
I think you guys are nuts to give up on ignite :)
For now elemental focus is giving faster clearspeeds. Maybe in t10+ when I stop one shotting everything I'll try ignite again.
Currently trying to make this build, at level 42 leveling with EQ (Had no idea how to level it so I took that)

A few questions:
1.Oak, kill, oak for bandits?
2.I suppose I could switch to RF at lvl 65(doon + rise of the phoenix) and before getting doryani's, would it be better to have RF 3L in doon to get the lvl 30 iron will support, since I'm quite sure I won't be able to equip repentance.
3.You're getting 100 int from the tree, 14 base (if I'm not mistaken) and about 100 from astra. Do I need the other 90 crafted onto helm + boots? Since using 2 kaom's ways and doryani's only leaves those open. Or what's the trick here?

Can't wait to see how this build turns out, seems awesome.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info