Calling all lab lovers!

I personally would run the lab even if the only reward would be the loot from izaro and the treasures.
Now you might ask a simple question: "Why?". The answer is simple aswell: to get better, to learn and, believe it or not, because it is fun for me.
The labyrinth traps and bossfight are really good to train dodging skills, flask management and the ability to analyse enemy attack patterns.
However this holds true only if you look at the labyrinth that way and act accordingly. If you overlevel a lot then you're bound to have a frustrating experience, as the enemies are so weak that you let your guard down, but the traps still kill you.
I try to run the lab once I feel that have the absolute minimum requirements. It is an awesome challenge and while it may take longer, it also feels SO much more rewarding. It took me an hour to get through cruel lab today, but I enjoyed it! The fights against izaro were challenging for me and it feels awesome to have overcome that challenge.
There is only one thing I dislike about the lab. There should be more people allowed to get a price jewel everyday than just one.
But everything else I'm ok with.

TL;DR: I like the lab because I enjoy challenging myself, my game knowledge and my character.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Oh! Labyrinth! I thought this was for Labrador Retrievers. Carry on.
There is no win or lose here, it isn't about the lab or how enjoyable it is. For me I slogged through Norm to ascend because it makes the necro (a classic MF'er at that) significantly more viable with a few clicks here or there. Other than that it was a nightmare for the same reason as OP's. It is their gating of needed content behind one playstyle, and one somewhat unrelated to the genre upon which the title stands. They should put an alternative way in so we can judge just how much people across POE enjoy the new content.
"
miljan wrote:
If I wanted platform crap and simple puzzles, I would not be playing arpg games.

Same here, it's a good thing there is no platforming involved in PoE and the puzzles aren't required at all to progress in the laby.

Just saying.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Kechop wrote:
be me , dont understand labhate because i focus on defense over offense on almost any build that i make.
be me , have really nice above average gear on standart so labyrinth is a peice of cake.
be me , play templeague with 0 currency or lvling gear and average gear.
be me , understand that lab is only bad if you try it for the first time until you get better or so i thought.
be me , be me be me.

long story short - lab is only fun for a few highlifereg / enducharge / movespeed and tanky builds or redicoulusly strong caster / crit ranged / caster whatever builds.

if content causes a divide between builds to extremely favour one over the other (you can cheese merc and uber lab MUCH easier with a melee than you can with a ranged it´s not rocketscience)

then it´s clearly not working as intended.

removing traps and making it streamlined would get any kind of build into actually doing it.

this is how you do lab right now - make a tanky as fuck medium dps lifebased char with high regen.
faceroll lab and uberlab - matterfact faceroll anything that isn´t spelldmg only in thegame.

now get the desired items for your otehr builds and enchants.
???
rinse repeat.

no1 in their right mind is going to think "yes this is a great decision and balance is intact!"
labyrinth and uberlab is the first nail in the coffin out of many for PoE.

i´ve been here since early OBT and kept a check on it through years.
an area that isn´t even higher than red maps is not the answer to new content.
gating powerful enchants behind a cumbersome boring supernintendo labyrinths isn´t the answer.
making the chests drop more and better things partially than a red map is not the answer.

overall labyrinth caters to a special kind of player that is all about "muh economy and muh gamble"
it is a degenerate place to be and repeat over and over and over again.
you spend 90% of it skipping the content to get to the juicy part.

that is not good game design objectively.
that is freaking terrible.
and thats why many of us are sick and tired of the Labyrinth , the thought of a new league or new char having to go through lab again sickens me to my core.

actually no I can trivialize lab too but still hate it lol

there is just so many reasons besides ones you listed
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1689116
Git R Dun!
"
eemmbbeerr wrote:
Oh my god, get Adventures out of my Cardstone!
Uniquely designed boss fights that break the monotony of usual gameplay and bring really cool rewards for playing through them HAVE NO PLACE IN MY CCG! I strictly demand my right to play the same content over and over again without them AND NOBODY ELSE SHOULD ENJOY NEW THINGS!

<\sarcasm>

After copypasting a recent comment of mine: why is expanding a traditional trope a bad thing again?
People b'tch at COD for doing the exact same thing over and over again. People b'tch at GGG for making an option to not do the exact same thing over and over again.
What's the solution?

Because people don't like being forced to do "optional" content, and a full order of magnitude more raw avatar strength in any game is about as "optional" as breathing.

Personally, I have almost no qualms about the lab. Well, I didn't, until they introduced Uber lab just to piss on casuals who have actual jobs and will never reach the level required for that shit. [Removed by Support]

(Hey support, if you're going to edit my posts, the least you could do is not nuke my entire post because of two not very nice words. Otherwise it looks like you're using it as an excuse to outright censor criticism, and I'm just going to come back and repeat it anyways.)

Back on the topic at hand, my only other complaint about lab is the shoehorned pseudo-hardcore, because Chris Wilson decided that what standard players really wanted was hardcore gameplay.
This is a buff™
Last edited by AkuTenshiiZero on Jun 22, 2016, 11:29:01 AM

Last edited by MildorDArkehn on Jun 22, 2016, 6:14:21 AM
Lab is terrible. Its been a failure. The players know it. GGG knows it. Thats why they made uber lab. Wait wut?! RIP design logic.

- Urzawatts 92 Necro Retired. June 23 2016
Support the cause. Free the ascendancy points from LAB.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216/page/1

Other top 3 issues. Make standard great again. Fix XP (add fatigue system). Fix lag.
MR GGG tear down this ascendancy wall.
Last edited by Prebornfetus on Jun 27, 2016, 8:40:20 PM
There are ten forum posters that are responsible for the fact that the AC points won't be moved ever.

Congratulations for making your own grave.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
As Gruest would say:

"
Labyrinths.... *PTOOEY*
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Dr Who (Tom Baker, 1976).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info