Calling all lab lovers!

Last bumped on Jul 1, 2016, 7:37:11 AM
I like the logo. :)
How does liking the labyrinth mean that a person doesn't want to play an ARPG? It's more of a side game than anything. Besides what if I want to play both?
LETS HAVE A GOOD CRY ABOUT THE LABYRINTH
Oh my god, get Adventures out of my Cardstone!
Uniquely designed boss fights that break the monotony of usual gameplay and bring really cool rewards for playing through them HAVE NO PLACE IN MY CCG! I strictly demand my right to play the same content over and over again without them AND NOBODY ELSE SHOULD ENJOY NEW THINGS!

<\sarcasm>

After copypasting a recent comment of mine: why is expanding a traditional trope a bad thing again?
People b'tch at COD for doing the exact same thing over and over again. People b'tch at GGG for making an option to not do the exact same thing over and over again.
What's the solution?
be me , dont understand labhate because i focus on defense over offense on almost any build that i make.
be me , have really nice above average gear on standart so labyrinth is a peice of cake.
be me , play templeague with 0 currency or lvling gear and average gear.
be me , understand that lab is only bad if you try it for the first time until you get better or so i thought.
be me , be me be me.

long story short - lab is only fun for a few highlifereg / enducharge / movespeed and tanky builds or redicoulusly strong caster / crit ranged / caster whatever builds.

if content causes a divide between builds to extremely favour one over the other (you can cheese merc and uber lab MUCH easier with a melee than you can with a ranged it´s not rocketscience)

then it´s clearly not working as intended.

removing traps and making it streamlined would get any kind of build into actually doing it.

this is how you do lab right now - make a tanky as fuck medium dps lifebased char with high regen.
faceroll lab and uberlab - matterfact faceroll anything that isn´t spelldmg only in thegame.

now get the desired items for your otehr builds and enchants.
???
rinse repeat.

no1 in their right mind is going to think "yes this is a great decision and balance is intact!"
labyrinth and uberlab is the first nail in the coffin out of many for PoE.

i´ve been here since early OBT and kept a check on it through years.
an area that isn´t even higher than red maps is not the answer to new content.
gating powerful enchants behind a cumbersome boring supernintendo labyrinths isn´t the answer.
making the chests drop more and better things partially than a red map is not the answer.

overall labyrinth caters to a special kind of player that is all about "muh economy and muh gamble"
it is a degenerate place to be and repeat over and over and over again.
you spend 90% of it skipping the content to get to the juicy part.

that is not good game design objectively.
that is freaking terrible.
and thats why many of us are sick and tired of the Labyrinth , the thought of a new league or new char having to go through lab again sickens me to my core.

Cruel Lab down at lvl 46 (lab is 55), 2.2k life with this gear:

Spoiler

Nine levels below Lab. Just saying.

It's time to learn to stop worrying and love the Lab.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jun 21, 2016, 4:50:12 PM
"
morbo wrote:
Cruel Lab down at lvl 46 (lab is 55), 2.2 life with this gear:

Spoiler

Nine levels below Lab. Just saying.

It's time to learn to stop worrying and love the Lab.

Its hard to love something when you dont like the gameplay of it, and when its just not fun to play it. If I wanted platform crap and simple puzzles, I would not be playing arpg games.

Just saying.
But those sweet ascendancy points are totally worth the 10 - 15 min it takes to complete one lab run.

It's practically the best effort / risk / reward ratio in the game.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
But those sweet ascendancy points are totally worth the 10 - 15 min it takes to complete one lab run.

It's practically the best effort / risk / reward ratio in the game.

It doesnt changer the fact that 30 min on average that you need to complete the lab and to do it 3 times for every character you make + all trials in every league, is shit time, and that very little people would do the lab if the points where not there. Forcing your self to play gameplay that you dont like, and dont expect from a arpg game is a very bad thing, no matter how good the rewords are.

And it's even worse that you need to do the lab to unlock the new core mechanic of customization with sub classes
Last edited by miljan on Jun 21, 2016, 5:41:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info