Have you died to traps?

I've died once in a trial in Cruel, lag spike on a sawblade. I died once in Merc lab to those trap spike doors. I rubberbanded into it like 5 times and then dead. I like the lab, but my biggest issue with it, is that's it's significantly more efficient/easy to ignore all mechanics and run through with a few potions than to try to do it one step at a time like a puzzle. I go slowly and sometimes run out of charges between rooms then you have to be extra careful.

edit: actually my biggest issue with the lab is not to avoid mechanics, it's that at level 87 I still haven't found the 6th trial for uber after all the ones I've found. Then mechanics in 2nd.
Last edited by Namcap on Jun 21, 2016, 9:28:37 AM
i died once or two and it was my fault, i have done 4 uber labs, 10 merci labs and 6 normal/cruel ones. But i use a quick silver, two life potions and a 600 life per second regen build with 4 200 hp... so i have a very good base to run labyrinth

traps deals % of of the life pool as damage so lower the life pool and higher the regen... easier they are. It's totally dumb. :p
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Yes, once in a trial and 3 times in Lab. That's when I was practising it in sc.
Haven't died yet in hc - haven't done the uber Lab/trials yet though.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Yes, on ES-based characters. Not so much on armour and regen based ones. Haven't run an evasion character through the lab yet.
Absolutely. It doesn't happen often, but sadly it happened recently.
Haven't died to Izaro or his traps since Prophecy started, but I've definitely had a few butt-clenchers along the way.

In 2.2, I definitely died to Izaro (twice I think?) and once to traps.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Yup, I've died to traps. The most memorable deaths are from going afk in front of a guillotine door....
^oh man, ouch.

-----------------------/-------------/--------------------------

Once when lab was new.... I just wanted to check the layouts quickly in order to memorize (with no real intention to finish lab, but would be a bonus) so I decided to just speed flask through and use autohotkey in case I put myself in a bad position by being so reckless.... well, basically I forgot that I had to restart the pc earlier (something I only very rarely do) in order to solve a problem, and I forgot to turn on autohotkey... so I got impaled by spikes in a long corridor, not sure if I had pots or not (but dont think so), so, panicking, tried to press the buttons and it was doing nothing since it wasnt on...
Worst part about it was... considering the time It took to kill me I could have survived if I manually tried to log out... and... I never saw that spike layout again, so I think it was one of the bugged rapey ones that was removed... oh well
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jun 21, 2016, 12:16:01 PM
Once, to Izaro porting me into a buzzsaw and me panicking and rushing into another buzzsaw.
Yes, but it was because I didn't have a proper flask setup. You need at least 3 hp pots, 2 of which are instant.

Lab is such a joke. It's shit GGG.
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info