[2.3]Milkys Doomfletch's Prism Crit Inquisator

Had no death, or even close, since i specced VaalPact, but i play as an evasion char.
Your probably right with with evasion > phys in terms of reflect, didn't had that in my mind, good there is someone who tests this with armour :P

Quills always deal a lot of damage without shatter, flasking helps a lot (and no golem in a chain map) against those, but i had no issues with them at ~92% critchance.
5.2k life with lvl 82 atm, but as you can see, the liferolls are not great on a few items. Maybe i switch to starkonjas or a rare helmet once i got overcapped with crit.

Overall i had no death since VaalPact or even at all after lvl 70 (i level with only the biggest lifenodes till 70,since the xp loss doesnt matter below that if i fuck up).

28k with flask and basalt is enough for non oneshot mechanics.

Gearwise:
The amulet is hard to upgrade, better amus cost couple of ex, top phys roll with crit, good life and resists, i want it :p

The rings have potential. High phys dmg, life, resists and maybe WED would be great.

I rather take a good wed roll over a resistance. The reason is, that the WED roll can be higher than a damage roll on a jewel, but a all resist or dual resist roll on a jewel is as good as a mastercrafted one on the ring. And its easier to choose which resist i want ;)

The boots need an upgrade, too. 30% ms, life and dual resist at least.

Maybe you wanna try evasion instead or softly transition to hybrid armour/eva until you have more points for phase acro ready.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
I don' really care about 25% or 30% ms on boots, these can stay. I can craft another resist on them too.

Will look into buying other rings, but i just spent most of my currency on that nice amulet.
Updated several sections regarding armour and evasion, flask, enchantments and stuff that i forgot already :p

My gear is pretty budget so far, 3c max or selffound, except the boots (20c), because i want ever %ms i can get :D.

good thing to have a flexible resistslot for gearupgrades :)

My current critchance including the Inquisator node is 85% btw. I will get like 40% more from the tree, but i think 85% is enough.
First off, I want to thank you for sharing this well done guide with us all.

I have a few questions/comments to make:

1. You referred in a few places the following "lets say i deal 100 phys dmg, with Doomfletch's Prism its additional 130 fire, 130 cold, 130 lightning dmg."

Shouldn't it be 110 to each elemental dmg? how did you come up with 130 for each?

2. About Elemental Overlord node, do you think it is worth taking it instead of trying to stack up crit multipliers? I assume it will always be up so does the extra 330% elemental dmg get another 40% MORE dmg boost? I have followed your entire build and I'm now level 57, so I don't think I'll be testing that out, but it might be interesting.

3. Brinerot Whalers Trapper Boots is HUGE damage boost (I am referring to the flat physical dmg on the tool tip). I know increase projectile is also good, but still not sure if it will also affect the elemental dmg. Have you tested it out?

Thanks again for the guide.

"
Kaminakun wrote:
First off, I want to thank you for sharing this well done guide with us all.

I have a few questions/comments to make:

1. You referred in a few places the following "lets say i deal 100 phys dmg, with Doomfletch's Prism its additional 130 fire, 130 cold, 130 lightning dmg."

Shouldn't it be 110 to each elemental dmg? how did you come up with 130 for each?

2. About Elemental Overlord node, do you think it is worth taking it instead of trying to stack up crit multipliers? I assume it will always be up so does the extra 330% elemental dmg get another 40% MORE dmg boost? I have followed your entire build and I'm now level 57, so I don't think I'll be testing that out, but it might be interesting.

3. Brinerot Whalers Trapper Boots is HUGE damage boost (I am referring to the flat physical dmg on the tool tip). I know increase projectile is also good, but still not sure if it will also affect the elemental dmg. Have you tested it out?

Thanks again for the guide.

1. thats a brainfart of me, ill change it when i have the time. 110 is correct ofc. EDITED

2. i like crit more, it shocks, freezes and ignites reliable. EO is better for a noncrit route on a elementalist or juggernaut for excample. Also crit is just op on a inquisator.

3. i have none of those boots, but my brain says those are good ;) Hard to get those warband only uniques.
projectile damage affects the elemental damage definetly, at least with the phys dmage part. I dont know if it doubledips, so extra dmg on the phys part, extra dmg gets affected and this extra damage again.
I have to check this, hard to tell without a tooltip. But i dont think it doubledips

edit: checked, its only calculated once

Last edited by Milkyslice on Jun 24, 2016, 12:50:22 PM
On page 4 (middle of the page) you also mentioned 130 fire/cold/lightning dmg :P

So you checked that projectile dmg gets applied to the physical dmg once? Then the bow does the 110% elemental conversion? It's still pretty sweet then (I assume it is better than increase physical dmg then?)

Edit:
"i skill a 10% ele node

100 phys + 113 fire/cold/lightning dmg

i skill a 10% phys node

110 phys + 113 fire/cold/lightning dmg
"

Shouldn't the first part be 100 phys + 110 fire/cold/lighting dmg?

The second part should be 110 phys + 121 fire/cold/lighting dmg?
Last edited by Kaminakun on Jun 24, 2016, 3:14:07 PM
"
Milkyslice wrote:

edit: you probably meant pcoc in the frenzy + hoi setup.
I will try how reliable it is. On maps with relatively weak bosses or until the boss its most likely better than pcoc, which is almost never utilized.
will add it in the gem section and test it later the day or tommorow

Had a chance to think about it a bit more. The build I use such setup right now is elementalist Ice Nova build, it means pretty much everything that scale up my main damage source also scales up Ice Herald explosion (some times it chain explode entire pack of weak monsters). Not the case with this build, so probably will not be reliable at all. No lazy onslaught for me here I guess :)
Bravery is not a function of firepower.
Last edited by JamaDharma on Jun 24, 2016, 7:23:50 PM
"
Kaminakun wrote:
On page 4 (middle of the page) you also mentioned 130 fire/cold/lightning dmg :P

So you checked that projectile dmg gets applied to the physical dmg once? Then the bow does the 110% elemental conversion? It's still pretty sweet then (I assume it is better than increase physical dmg then?)

Edit:
"i skill a 10% ele node

100 phys + 113 fire/cold/lightning dmg

i skill a 10% phys node

110 phys + 113 fire/cold/lightning dmg
"

Shouldn't the first part be 100 phys + 110 fire/cold/lighting dmg?

The second part should be 110 phys + 121 fire/cold/lighting dmg?

just one post before you i wrote "1. thats a brainfart of me, ill change it when i have the time. 110 is correct ofc. EDITED " :P

somehow had the combined 330% extra damage in my mind and made 130% per element out of it ;)

"
No lazy onslaught for me here I guess :)

yeah, ran a whole map with innervate + hoi and it didnt procc one. Hard to get a shocked (critted) target which is killed by HoI explosion^^

Last edited by Milkyslice on Jun 25, 2016, 1:19:45 AM
A Uber Lab run i did today.

Didn´t knew the layout well and its obvously not a char to cheeze the lab (like all those juggernauts out there). It still works really well tho :)

https://youtu.be/ZM0gn_or2-0

With VaalPact skilled and full treasure keys ofc

Last edited by Milkyslice on Jun 25, 2016, 2:33:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info