[2.3]Milkys Doomfletch's Prism Crit Inquisator

Fresh builds all day.
Last edited by DarthPwn on Oct 17, 2016, 5:16:34 PM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
sorry for the long wait, much rl stuff to do as a freah father :p

@psycho

I am not sure about cospris, no life on it and proj weakness is a decent curse, but doesnt help in terms of survivability. I would try a warlords mark if you already have it. This should help a lot against reflect.
the thing is, the build has nothing from poison and is not curse reliant. Pcharge generation is a bit annoying in curse immune maps, but thats it.

Congrats !

Thanks for the tip, didn't thought about warlords mark, i'll try it later. But I keep Cospri's, I love this chest.
"
Milkyslice wrote:
sorry for the long wait, much rl stuff to do as a freah father :p
i cannot open the tree, but i have a image in my mind of your tree ;)

Keep in mind that you also 'loose' a jewel socket to enable lioneyes fall.
So life is on par if we use a life jewel instead.

since the critcap is 95% and i also have assmark in my mind i can potentially reach the cap already with optimized gear and curse up. A diamond flask is possible too for even more reliable crits.

accuracy is also important for crits, its rolled once if you hit and a second time if the hit can crit... 2-3% lower accuracy can make a big difference.

The biggest difference for me is the inc. proj/phys damage and frenzy charges.

So overall i see more downsides in the lioneyes route than upsides, everything is lower except critchance, which is already pretty high and capable with good gear.

The Lioneye's Fall route costs 16 points and grants us:

205% crit chance
25% crit multi
52% increased phys
access to 20% life for 3 additional points
10% chance to gain endurance charge on crit (this is actually always up even on my level 65 build with 60% crit chance)

I think the free endurance charges makes it unnecessary to use Enduring Cry or Daresso's Defiance.

Just some quick napkin math regarding crit chance and crit cap.

We need roughly 1070% increased critical strike chance with an Inc Crit Chance gem to reach crit cap.
We need roughly 966% increased critical strike chance to reach crit cap against enemies cursed with AssMark.
I'm not really sure if it's really even important for us to be at crit cap but for the sake of argument let us assume we are trying to reach this goal.

482% inc crit chance from your tree
108% inc crit chance from 20q Inc Crit Strikes gem
75% inc crit chance from perfect Rat's Nest
150% inc crit chance from power charges
38% inc crit chance on a quiver
38% inc crit chance on an amulet

891% increased critical strike chance so far.

This leaves us to get 966-891 = 75% increased crit chance that we need to get on jewels. Pretty easily achievable across 4-5 jewels.

Maybe my tree DOES have excessive crit chance, at least since I was originally planning on using AssMark also. On the other hand, my 4 spare jewels can all be potentially crit multi focused or physical/projectile damage %.

How often are you using Blood Rage to generate Frenzy charges versus using your actual Frenzy 4 link?
Do you only Frenzy/Curse on Hit/AssMark on bosses?
Fresh builds all day.
The biggest letdown on the lioneyes route is that you can cut it out of the tree to have a realistic character level.
I wouldnt like speccing traveling nodes in the mid 80s,thats the point where i wanna finish my wheels or pick jewels :p

the other route would be speccing the shadow cluster last.

Frenzy was up all the time if the mapmods were not annoying for it (no regen, vulnerability).

frenzy + pcoc stuff is for bosses to keep those charges up, 1-2 shots ever 9sec do the trick there.

Edit: count 4 pcharges... well at least i would pick alira in merc on critbuilds :p

Nowadays even your 60% critchance on the 'low lvl char' is enough in my opinion, if a diamond flask is used, at least until guardians where the flask is not up 100%
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Oct 11, 2016, 10:26:20 AM
I'm going to push for level 90 or so and see how it feels, I may end up respeccing and getting out of using Lioneye's. Originally, my goal was to be near crit cap and maintain good clear speed without the headaches of charge management and without the annoyance of blood rage + vaal pact. Frenzy charges are looking more and more tempting to me though.
Fresh builds all day.
Hi guys! I was watching Mathil and he started a doomprism build also, here it is https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Mathil/characters Doomismyprism is the character name. So I ended up here in this guide. What do you guys think about his tree? Cant really point out the pros and cons of his and this guide's tree. Only one I can think off is that this guide has more evasion due to the acrobatics node. Need your opinion and comments guys. Thinking of what tree to follow. Thank you!

Here is the tree use by mathil http://poeplanner.com/AAMAATxBQU1GQVFBQWNnQmVBTzRESGdTekMyRVBxeEV2RlNBV3Z4bUtHYlFhT0I5QklYWWoweVAySklza19TYVZKeThxQ3lvNEtrMHJDaXpwTFlNd2ZESDZNb2sxa2pmVU9kUTYyRHd0UHlkRHlFcklUWkpPS2s4RVVVZFZTMWZpV2xKYnIxM3lZZUpsVFdqeWJxcHZKMl95Y0ZKMXkzYjNkLVY3dzMxMWZ5dUNtNE5mZzh5RXhZYXpoczZKMDRya2pEYU5mWTlna0ZXWEJwcHFtN1diN0tDZm9nQ2ppcWlhcjJ5MThyYy11LU85TnI2bndHYkJNOE02eEtMR3J0Ti0yTDNkRGVGejUxVHFZdTBnN1RfdUR1OTY4Ql8yb19uZF9nci11dl9lQXBZTVVwSnVuSHVvdWJ4VzBuenRZUT09ABBBQUFDQUFmUUFRSDBBUUFBAAA=
Last edited by McGoodness on Oct 17, 2016, 2:35:54 AM
"
Hi guys! I was watching Mathil and he started a doomprism build also, here it is https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Mathil/characters Doomismyprism is the character name. So I ended up here in this guide. What do you guys think about his tree? Cant really point out the pros and cons of his and this guide's tree. Only one I can think off is that this guide has more evasion due to the acrobatics node. Need your opinion and comments guys. Thinking of what tree to follow. Thank you!

Here is the tree use by mathil http://poeplanner.com/AAMAATxBQU1GQVFBQWNnQmVBTzRESGdTekMyRVBxeEV2RlNBV3Z4bUtHYlFhT0I5QklYWWoweVAySklza19TYVZKeThxQ3lvNEtrMHJDaXpwTFlNd2ZESDZNb2sxa2pmVU9kUTYyRHd0UHlkRHlFcklUWkpPS2s4RVVVZFZTMWZpV2xKYnIxM3lZZUpsVFdqeWJxcHZKMl95Y0ZKMXkzYjNkLVY3dzMxMWZ5dUNtNE5mZzh5RXhZYXpoczZKMDRya2pEYU5mWTlna0ZXWEJwcHFtN1diN0tDZm9nQ2ppcWlhcjJ5MThyYy11LU85TnI2bndHYkJNOE02eEtMR3J0Ti0yTDNkRGVGejUxVHFZdTBnN1RfdUR1OTY4Ql8yb19uZF9nci11dl9lQXBZTVVwSnVuSHVvdWJ4VzBuenRZUT09ABBBQUFDQUFmUUFRSDBBUUFBAAA=

I don't think Mathil fully understands how the scaling on Doomfletch Prism works, it doesn't make any sense to take the elemental damage nodes by Templar like "Catalyse" and "Elementalist" over the physical bow nodes like "Heavy Draw" and "Deadly Draw". Physical scaling is the most important for this build, not elemental scaling. Even if the points were of same value, the physical bow nodes you get more percentage per passive point by a large margin. The 8% elemental nodes by "Elementalist" are incredibly weak compared to the 15% physical nodes by "Heavy Draw".

I know Mathil is a famous streamer and all that, but honestly his tree is weaker than both Milky's or my own.
Fresh builds all day.
Last edited by DarthPwn on Oct 17, 2016, 5:20:34 PM
"

I don't think Mathil fully understands how the scaling on Doomfletch Prism works, it doesn't make any sense to take the elemental damage nodes by Templar like "Catalyse" and "Elementalist" over the physical bow nodes like "Heavy Draw" and "Deadly Draw". Physical scaling is the most important for this build, not elemental scaling. Even if the points were of same value, the physical bow nodes you get more percentage per passive point by a large margin. The 8% elemental nodes by "Elementalist" are incredibly weak compared to the 15% physical nodes by "Heavy Draw".

I know Mathil is a famous streamer and all that, but honestly his tree is weaker than both Milky's or my own.

He respec and using this one now http://poeplanner.com/AAMAAURBQU1GQVFBQWRRQmVBTzRESGdTekJpTUxZUS1yRVM4VklCYV9HWW9aamhtMEdmNGJBUjlCSVhZajB5UDJKSXNrX1NhVktnc3FPQ3BOS3dvczZTMkRNSHd4bmpINk5aSTMxRG5VUEMwX0owUElTc2hOa2szalRpcFBCRkZIVlV0YVVsdXZYZkpoNG1WTmFQSnVxbThuYl9Kd1VuWExkdmQ3Rkh2RGZYVl9LNE5mZzh5RXhZYXpoczZKMDRya2pEYU5mWTlnbHdhYWFwdTFtLXlnbjZJQW80cW1WNmZVcUpxdmJMWHl0ejY3NDcwMnZxZkFac0V6d3pyRW9zYXUwMzdXaXRpOTNRM25WT3BpN1RfdGctNE83M3J3SF9hai1kMy1DdjZQX3JyLXlQX2VBcFlNVXBKdW5IdW91YnhXMG56dFlRPT0ACEFBQUFBUUFBAAA= so the phase acro? should I get it?
"
"

He respec and using this one now http://poeplanner.com/AAMAAURBQU1GQVFBQWRRQmVBTzRESGdTekJpTUxZUS1yRVM4VklCYV9HWW9aamhtMEdmNGJBUjlCSVhZajB5UDJKSXNrX1NhVktnc3FPQ3BOS3dvczZTMkRNSHd4bmpINk5aSTMxRG5VUEMwX0owUElTc2hOa2szalRpcFBCRkZIVlV0YVVsdXZYZkpoNG1WTmFQSnVxbThuYl9Kd1VuWExkdmQ3Rkh2RGZYVl9LNE5mZzh5RXhZYXpoczZKMDRya2pEYU5mWTlnbHdhYWFwdTFtLXlnbjZJQW80cW1WNmZVcUpxdmJMWHl0ejY3NDcwMnZxZkFac0V6d3pyRW9zYXUwMzdXaXRpOTNRM25WT3BpN1RfdGctNE83M3J3SF9hai1kMy1DdjZQX3JyLXlQX2VBcFlNVXBKdW5IdW91YnhXMG56dFlRPT0ACEFBQUFBUUFBAAA= so the phase acro? should I get it?

Since we have no other form of damage mitigation, I don't see why we wouldn't want to take Phase Acrobatics.

I feel like taking the extra movement speed from Aspect of the Eagle/Lynx is kind of a quality of life thing for faster map clearing but doesn't really help with survivability or killing bosses which is what this build is a bit weak on in general. This tree will end up with only 152% increased life when he's done with the scion life brick.

I'm going to start my own build guide so I stop hijacking Milky's thread. Sorry Milky!
Fresh builds all day.
Last edited by DarthPwn on Oct 18, 2016, 1:33:19 PM
No problem, i am glad that the community answers some questions due to my lack of time now :P
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info