[2.3]Milkys Doomfletch's Prism Crit Inquisator

Hi PoE Community,

I want to present you my Doomfletcher´s Prism Inquisator build.

Then I decided for a cheap bow build using Windripper, but after using this Doom Prism and my experience of Windripper two leagues ago i learned that Windripper feels worse than this insane Bow.

2.4 Changes

Pierce + Frostwall got fixed. This means we now use Lightning Arrow + Chain instead of pierce. For singletarget a Blastrain Setup.
Alternatively just Tornado Shot. Thats it.

Doomfletch's Prism is also more expensive than in 2.3, so its not a budget build anymore :p

About me
I am playing this game since closed beta and invested much time into it.
People might know me from the pretty popular Righteous Fire Totem build.

important: The tooltip dps with this bow is not correct and will most likely never be changes as far as ggg handled recent tooltips.

Mechanics & Information

TL:DR

+ Doomfletchs mechanics are unique, we scale as much physical damage as possible.

+ Hatred, Added Fire, Herald of Ash, Physical to Lightning and similar are not great for this build.

+ Flat Elemental Damage is not great for this build

+ Flat Physical Damage IS great for this build

+ Abyssus and Bringer of Rain give great damage, but i dont like the downside.

+ Physical damage nodes are stronger than elemental damage nodes

Doomfletchs Prism is a great and unique item, similar to facebreakers but with a different flavour.

It adds 330% elemental damage (110% of each type) on top of the physical damage, similar to Hatred or Added Fire.
On top we have a decent amount of crit of 6.5-7% and atk speed of 1.59-1.65.

The main goal with this bow is to stack physical damage while gaining the most out of the extra elemental damage.

Gaining more damage is not similar to regular elemental builds (stacking heralds and/or anger/wrath) with elemental dmg on gear with a fast weapon.
Its also not similar to a normal crit phys build which can use poisons/bleed/hatred/herald of ash and so on.

Doomfletchs basedmg is pretty low, mine for excample has 47 average physical dmg per shot (not counting atk speed). Hatred and Ash are pretty useless with this.
Since we alredy gain tons of elemental damage with more +physical damage we dont need heralds/auras for extra elemental damage. The weapon is not THAT fast to benefit greatly from it.
Thats why i choosed Herald of Ice for cursing and powercharge generation and Grace.

My current DoomPrism has 47physdmg*4,3 elemental dmg * 1.59 atk speed. This results in a 301 dps bow noncrit. Which is on its own preeeeety good.
With some flat damage to reach 100 phys dmg its already worth a 683 dps bow.

Phys damage on the gear helps phys bow builds, too, dont get me wrong. The benefit of flat physical damage is just WAY stronger.

Sadly the tooltip doesn't count in the extra elemental damage. Just keep in mind that physical damage is awesome here.

Abyssus and Bringer of Rain come into the mind for this kind of build.

I can tell you that the damage is great without any of those, oneshotting packs, rares and even bosses. Why even more damage for these sacrifices? Your choice.

Abyssus has the huge downside of no life, resists and receiving tons of extra physical damage.
On the other side its like wearing a 2nd bow. If you wanna use it, prepare to die from time to time. The crit multiplier is exclusive for melee attacks and we dont have an ascendancy that helps with the downside like a juggernaut.

Bringer of Rain is a pseudo 5link for a bowchar (+blind).
Lightning arrow + gmp + Chain + WED are potential links with the pseudo faster atks.
We gain 25 physical damage which is big, but we loose potential critchance + physical projectile atk dmg gem, even a 7 link with lioneyes vision is possible.
On top we loose an item slot.

Like i said, its your choice. BoR is good to start, Abyssus very risky. If you have no problems with the downsides, go for it.

Elemental Nodes and Physical Nodes on the Skilltree:

Many people might wonder why i do not skill elemental nodes on the Skilltree, especially Elementalist + Catalyse in the Templar area. The resists on Elementalist and usage as early game damage nodes are the only reasons to consider the node.

Physical damage nodes are just better than elemental nodes in terms of value per point and for the bow mechanic.

Here is some math to underline my point:

lets say i deal 100 phys dmg, with Doomfletch's Prism its additional 110 fire, 110 cold, 110 lightning dmg.

i skill a 10% ele node

100 phys + 110 fire/cold/lightning dmg

i skill a 10% phys node

110 phys + 110 fire/cold/lightning dmg

The end result is that the elemental damage is the same while we gain extra phys dmg.

If we check Elementalist + Catalyse on the skilltree we gain 60% elemental damage for 5pts > 12% ele dmg per point.

Instead we could pick Heavy Draw (right side of the ranger) for 5 points. These grant 79 phys damage + 10% accuracy > 15.8 phys dmg + 2% accuracy per point.

as we learned before, those phys nodes scale both parts of our damage and we see that those are also stronger.

However, the Skilltree is so tight that i don't have points for any of those Cluster anyway :p

Pros & Cons

+ Doomfletchers Prism is a insane leveling weapon, enjoy leveling with it
+ It has really good lategame scaling
+ doesn´t require any good gear to get started
+ cheap “mandatory” items like meginords and the bow, payed 2c 1alch for both together.
+ fast clearspeed
+ good bossdamage
+ strong shocks, freezes and ignites
+ Atziri is so easy to run

- Expensive if you wanna min-max everything out of the Bow.
- Elemental reflect maps force you to use another bow and skill
- Absolutely needs Vaal Pact or Acuity once the gear is great, rare reflect monsters hurt a lot

Differences to other Bow Builds

- It is very cheap to start, similar to an elemental bow build based on heralds and offensive auras. I used the fated Stormcloud Bow before and it was a joke compared to Doomfletchers Prism.

- A Doomfletchers Prism can stack more defences than most other bow builds since it doesn’t need any offensive auras and Grace/Determination/Arctic Armour can be used. I still use Herald of Ice for lazy Assassins Mark spreads and PowerCharge gain.

- It has unique mechanics compared to other bows, similar to facebreaker.

- It´s very powerful on its own without any gear and scales really well into the later maps.

- Wear no pants as a Templar.

Similarities:

- Similar mapping clearspeed, all bow builds should shoot in a pack and kill it ;)

My Character

Lvl 90 Skilltree

This is my 2.3 char, i wouldnt use pierce anymore. Better use chain. see gem section for updates

Some Gems just got a 20 quality recipe treatment and are on a low level. A few maps and those are back to a similar highlvl strength.
Switched out Meginords for this Rustic Sash + good weapon elemental damage. Physical damage is a bit lower but the WED seems to even it out in the long run. Better resists and more life are the main reason for the switch.

As much increased life, resists and critmulti i could afford atm. Hard to find any upgrade for less than 1ex now.
Fertile Mind is an alternative if i cannot get enough intelligence with the 30Int node on the skilltree.

my mainflasks for regular maps.
Silver Flask + Movementspeed is gread for dmg and lightning warp.
One Lifeflask is enough for me if i don't run trials/Uber Lab.
Atziris promise is a great dps/leech flask with chaos resist, which i lack, on top.
Stibnite + Evasion roll and Basalt are huge defensive flasks.

I switch the silver flask for

in No Regeneneration maps (Hybrid or Manaflask), Uber Labyrinth/Trials (Lifeflask), Elemental Weakness maps (Bismuth Flask).
I want Elemental Resists + -charges used on the Jadeflask instead of the Bismuth Flask.

Another option i consider is a 2nd Stibnite Flask with Elemental resists due to its pretty high uptime and fewer charges required.

The tooltip DPS is not correct! It doesnt factor in the 330% extra elemental damage (and the scaling with it! Posted it for critchance/multi and so on

Videos

Rare Plateau Map
Rare Gorge Map
Reckless Atziri run with a slow start :P
Uber Lab run with all keys

More videos are following of higher tier maps (shitty mappool)

Skilltree

First note, this are 100 pts skilltrees, for fewer points cut off frenzy charges, phase acrobatics, jewels and minor damage nodes, depending on the league (SC/HC).

No more pierce in 2.4,waiting for live to update trees.

Evasion based Skilltree
This is what I recommend in the start, its cheaper to get a good defence with it due to acrobatics/phase acrobatics.

Ondars Guile helps against reflect and helps against Uber atziri, but is worse against uber Izaro. You might consider this node if you run into reflect issues even with VaalPact.

Vaal Pact can be respecced for the Uber Lab, makes it easier with life regen + stonegolem. I ran uber lab with VaalPact and it worked out for me. Would do it if you wanna chain some runs.

Some notes to the Skilltree/Notables

Vaal Pact I do not like the no liferegeneration aspect of it, but its required to kill rares with elemental reflect safely.
You can respecc this if you do labruns and watch out for those rares, makes the lab a lot easier with stone golem + 3.6% liferegen on the tree.
I think about dropping VaalPact with a 6 link Lioneyes Vision, where i could add Life gained on hit. This requires testing.

The thing is, that its very hard to get 5 offcoolors on this chest and is prepare for 2 reds, where one is Weapon Elemental Damage and the other one life leech, life gain on hit or blood magic.

Acrobatics: I would use it without tons of armour on the gear, even with lioneyes vision (only armour piece).
It helps agains reflect, too.

Lifeleech/manaleech nodes at the duelist:
I dropped the manaleech node with Lioneyes Vision since the included 0.4% physical manaleech on the chest is enough to substain for me. Without the chest get the 0.4/0.4 mana/life node, thats enough. Lifeleech could be dropped for the lifeleech gem in a 6th lioneyes link, but the 3pts are worth more than a gem.

Phase Acrobatics is really nice to have. Spellcaster hit harder in 2.3 and you should get it sooner or later.

Ondar's Guile if youre gear is great and start running in reflect problems even with Vaal Pact this is the node for you.
Projectile bosses (uber atziri spears for excample) are safer with it, while melee bosses are more dangerous.
It's only one point, respecc something if you feel like you need it.

Why dont you go for the right path down between scion and duelist?

Ehile we have access to a jewel and a small life/flask cluster it costs 2 points more in traveling alone. We have a tight skilltree and i had problem to find free points which justify those nodes.

Ascendancy Class

I wanna answer you the reasons why i choosed the Inquisator for this build.

First of all, Inquisator is known to be one of the more powerful endgame classes that are based on Elemental Damage.

What speaks for the Inquisator?

Inevitable Judgement is the number one reason, ignoring monster resistances on crit.
With my current gear and Righteous Prividence (100% inc critchance on enemys with no status effect) we ignore those resistances, which greatly increase the damage output.

Bosses in general have decent amount of resistances, up to 45. There are also mapmods that increase monster resistances like Elemental Equilibrium, +resistsnces or Endurance charges.
Curses are reduced by 60% in effectiveness on those bosses.
We deal damage of 3 elements, so penetration gems won't work well either.

Almost every first shot in a pack is a crit that ignores resistances, which results in a oneshot of every mob hit.
Those who survive (no chain from lightning arrow for excample) are most likely cursed with assansins mark for even more critchance.

Augury of Penitence is flat 16% more damage and around 2% max resist worth.
The area is pretty big, around the whole screen. Really strong node, but not exciting in terms of mechanics.

Instruments of Virtue has nice Synergy with this build. We gain 30% castspeed + 20% atkspeed after attacking and 50% attack damage after casting a spell (Blood Rage, Lightning Warp).

In practice we use Frenzy on a Boss to curse on hit/frenzy and power charge if necassary. Most mapbosses have monsters around them for chargegeneration/cursing, in that case its Lightning Arrow.
After that we spam Lightning Arrow with 20% atkspeed + 50% atk damage on the enemy.
This node makes this bosslaying combination less clunky and quicker to use while benefiting offensively from it.

All small nodes are also helpful.

Gems

The following gems have priority in this order in case you have fewer links.

if you have a free socket and don't know what to use except the mentioned gems, mirror arrow or decoy totem are always a good choice.

Lightning Arrow + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Chain + Weapon Elemental Damage + increased Critical Strike Chance + Physical Projectile Attack Damage (GGGRBG)

Blast Rain + Concentrated Effect + Weapon elemental Damage + Critchance + Physical Projectile attack damage + power charge on crit or faster attacks or life leech (GBRBGX)

Frenzy + Curse on Hit + Assassins Mark + Herald of Ice (GBBG)

This setup helps us to gain and substain Power and Frenzy Charges.

Grace (20) + Cast when damage taken (1) + Immortal Call (3) + Bloodrage (20) (GRRG)

Cwdt only proccs immortal call. Both gems can be leveled to a point where the combination still works, but this is only useful with a high endurance charge uptime with Enduring Cry spam or Daressos Defiance Chest.
The main purpose is to stop stunlocks and prevent rapid burst damage.
Bloodrage can be swapped for a low lvl Ice Golem if you're too lazy to recast him.
I want control over my Bloodrage activation, thats why i dont use a low lvl one.

Lightning Warp + Faster Casting + Less Duration + Reduced Mana

The movementsetup the first three gems are mandatory.
Rapid Decay helps a bit for even faster warps, but the manamultiplier can cut a big hole in our mana after a few casts.
Bloodmagic is another option, but i dont like loosing health for traveling with Vaal Pact (no lifereg).
Reduced Mana is my choice, i have no manaissues with it.
We got a decent amount of manaregen on the gear (Bow) and Skilltree combined without focusing on it.

Warcry (Enduring or Rallying Cry) There is no good reason to not use one of those, except you have a party with conduit and rallying cry spammer.

Just slot it in a free place, like a 5link-6socket item, with lightning warp (endu cry at least) or in a place where the Golem could be (and swap the golem to lightning warp).

There are a few gems that don't need a support, those are places where you can swap it in.

Alternatively you could use any other bow skill like ice shot, tornado shot and so on. The skill used is not build defining, its the bow. So if you like another skill more, use it!

Gear

Weapon:
Doomfletcher´s Doom of course, that where the build is based around.

Other Bows are alternatives if you wanna run Elemental Reflect maps on this character.

Reach of the Council is a really strong unique bow on its own, can be used for elemental reflect maps or instead of Doomfletchers with Physical to Lightning gem instead of GMP.
With some tweaks in the gear/gems this skilltree can be used for a RotC build if you like.
I don't have tested the bow yet.

Lioneyes Glare is a cheap option if you wanna run Elemental reflect maps, a decent

Harbringer Bow is also a good choice.

Windripper can be used, too. It doesn’t scale with the phys damage on the gear but with few changes in the gear you can deal more than enough damage to chain rare midtier maps with some MF gear.

Chest:

Too many options, hard to decide which is the best. It's totally up to you what to choose.

Lightning Coil is the best Physical Dmg migration Chest we can have, but its really hard to get enough lightning resists to wear it.

Belly of the Beast gives us a big lifepool while coloring is still not too hard.

Lioneyes Vision is basically dead for me, with the frostwall nerf (fix! i mean) i see no reason to use pierce anymore since chain clears better.

Daressos Defiance is a solid Chest with Endurance Charge gain on kill, Onslaught when hit, dodge, life and good armour/evasion.
Leveling CWDT + Immortal Call is a good option with this chest.

Rare Evasion Chest is the cheapest option and pretty solid overall.

Random corrupted 6link. There are sometimes corrupted 6link with the correct colors aviable, which is still better than a tabula rasa in every case. Those are pretty cheap and obtainable for under 1ex. This might also be an armour or ES chest, but better than nothing :).

Kintsugi has solid defensive chests, especially good in bossfights.

Cospris Will is never bad. Allows us to use one additional curse and that even on hexproof. This can be Enfeeble for example. The poison effect is not strong on this build.

Quiver:

Drillneck for the high flat physical damage, 100% projectile dmg, attack speed, evasion and life.
Pretty cheap nowadays.

Rare Quiver can have more life and some resists on top of big flat physical dmg, critchance and multiplier. You need a really insane rare quiver to gain more dps with it than with a Drillneck.

Rearguard is an optiom for the block if you want it defensive and have enough dps.

Belt:

Meginords Girdle 10% life and 7.5 flat phys damage is what we want. Good to start and can be used in the lategame.

Rare Rustic Sash with high %weapon elemental dmg, high life and even more resists.
A really good rolled Rustic Sash is on par with meginords girdle while potentially having more life and resistances.
I prefer the rare belt over meginords for the higher life/resist alone.

Helmet:

Rare helmet with high accuracy, life and resists

Rats Nest for a high critchance, movementspeed and atkspeed.

Starkonjas is like Rats nest with better defence but worse damage.

Abyssus if you Yolo. I wont use it but it’s the best dps item we can get. The downside is the huge loss in defence which is hard to compensate.
If you don’t care about deaths, take this. The Crit damage Multiplier only works for melees.

Bringer of Rain is a smaller version of Abyssus. The extra links are not that great, but good to start. The loss of a chest is hard and we have to drop something for it. Its also harder to get resists with no resists on the helmet and chest. The dps is already great without it. not worth it.

Boots:

30% movementspeed, life, resists

Atziris Step on an evasion version if you can handle the resists.

Redblade Trampler is you wanna get as much phys dmg as possible ;) (warbands only)

Brinerot Whalers can give around 60% phys/projectile dmg. (warbands only)

Gloves:

Rare Gloves with flat physical damage, accuracy, atk speed, life and resists.
This feels better for this build than Facebreaker, Malingaros or Shadows and Dust.

Shadows and Dust however grants Rampage on top of useful stats which can increase the overall mapclearing speed. The manaleech might be enough if you stacked enough phys damage to substain LA. (Rampage only)

Atziris Acuity on the other side lets us drop Vaal Pact and is awesome on that slot. Also comes with a huge chunk of int on top.

Rings:

Rare ring with flat Physical dmg, weapon elemental damage, accuracy, life and resists are the things we look for.
The perfect ring has:
9-15 Phys damage
79 Life
42 Weapon Elemental Damage
400 Accuracy
Two Resists

Amulet:

Like the ring, but we have crit multi aviable on top of it.
The perfect Amulet has:
15-26 Phys damage
42 Weapon Elemental Damage
89 Life
38 Crit Multiplier
38 Crit Chance
16 All Resi or 400 Accuracy or Int

Bandits

Normal: help Oak

Cruel: help Kraityn or Oak, i picked Kraityn because it helps the clearspeed more due to faster attack animations.

Merciless: help Alira

Jewels

1x Fertile Mind Jewel makes gearing and leveling gems really easy.
You often have to sacrifice good stats or gearpieces for Int, this solves the problem once you have good items with enough gear. Use it if you cannot fix your int requirements with a single +30 int node.

Besides that I would look for
Player Life on the top of the list.
Resists if you need them.
Bow physical damage, Projectile damage, bow attack speed, Critchance/multiplier or accuracy/crit.

Enchants

Helmet:

+ Lightning Arrow Chain is the best enchant possible.
Lightning Arrow radius is very useful, too. It increases the radius of potential chains, giving us a higher spread.

There are several useful ones, if you hit one keep it and try again on another helmet or buy the enchant.
Reduced reservation cost for Herald of Ice or Grace, Blood Rage attack speed, golem buff effect… basically any enchant that grants a useful bonus to our skills ;)

Gloves:

Doesn´t matter.
I really like the commandment of war, this triggers copys of your bow which clear survived enemy pretty good.
If you have a favourite, pick it.
If you don't care, just take what you get, an enchant is worth it every time.

Boots:

Stun avoidance, movementspeed, dodge and leech enchants are the way to go.

DPS

The tooltip dps is incorrect, it doesn´t calculate the 330 extra damage.
You can do the math yourself and I can give some help with that. I have a rule of thumb: oneshot a blue pack with a crit and kill a boss really fast = good dps, don’t oneshot a pack with a crit and take forever for bosses = bad dps ;)

Projectile Damage does not doubledip on the extra elemental damage of the bow.
This means that 10% projectile damage increase the physical damage and elemental damage on gear/herald and similar, but not twice for the extra elemental damage based on the physical part.

Stupid Math

(Min and max Bow Phys damage + min and max flat phys damage on gear) / 2 = average phys damage
Average Phys Damage x all increased damage that affects the physical bow damage (inc phys, all dmg on jewel, projectile dmg) = base phys dmg.
Base phys dmg x more multiplier (pierce, ppad…) = final phys dmg
Final phys damage x 1.1 = extra elemental damage for one element
(Each element for its own + flat elemental damage on gear/heralds) x increased damage (%fire, %elemental…).
Sum up all elements = base elemental damage
Base elemental damage x more multiplier (WED) = final Elemental damage
Final phys damage + final elemental damage = combined damage
The combined damage x atk speed (bow x atk speed on tree/gems/gear) = comb dps /w atk speed
Comb. dps /w atk speed x %accuracy x Skill damage effectiveness x gem malus (like GMP) = dps noncrit crit
Dps noncrit x accuracy x critchance x critmultiplier = dps /w crit
Add flasks and buffs like onslaught in the mix and you get the dps with one arrow.

I listen to my feeling for the dps calculation, because the math relies on too many things :P

My priorities are

1. Flat Physical Damage – just so strong with that bow. At least get high rolls on Amulet, Rings, Quiver and Gloves.

2. reaching 88%+ accuracy, sidenote: accuracy in the tooltip is against targets on your level. A lvl 90+ char won´t have correct accuracy % listed in the tooltip against T15 or lower monsters/bosses.

3. critchance – Ignoring resistances on crit is so valueable

4. crit multiplier – Its basically only aviable on the amulet,rare quiver, skilltree and jewels. You should get it there.

5. weapon elemental damage is a strong stat, too. Since it only affects the elemental part and not the physical part (like drillneck does with projectile damage) its not that strong of a stat, but we aim for as much as we can get.

6. attack speed is not that important in my opinion. It matters in a big party where a bossfight can take a while.
Solo or in small groups everything dies so fast that attack speed is almost wasted. We get enough on the skilltree, eventually jewels, the ascendancy class and bloodrage that its not important to get more on the gear.

Flasks

The Flasks are a very important und underestimated part of a character.
Flasks are very powerful and should be one of the first things on the gear whichnis optimized.

1. Bubbling Life Flask /w Freeze removal

2. Quicksilver Flask /w extra movement speed for gemversion 2

2. Silver Flask /w reduced flask charges used and extra movement speed for gemversion 1.
Silver Flask is on a flexible slot, great for the clearspeed, but can be changed with a defensive or life flask.

3. Basalt Flask /w Bleed removal

4. Atziris Promise

5. Flexible Flaskslot.

- Bismuth Flask for Elemental Weakness maps if all of your resists are barely capped.
- Stibnite Flask + % evasion is great against melee bosses which jump in your face frequently.
- max resist Flasks for specific Bosses/Mapmods where one type of elemental damage is common.
- Mana/Hybrid for no regen maps. Leech help a lot, but a few arrows in the air and you're out of mana.
- extra lifeflask for Labyrinths and Trial or if you just feel better with two.
- Jade/Granite Flask, depening if armour or evasion build. Jade is stronger against ranged enemys than Stibnite, but needs more charges.

Curse, poison or shock removal are the go to roll we want on the 5th slot. Elemental resists roll helps for elemental weakness maps.

Mapmods

Here are some notable things about mapmods, how to handle them and so on:

Resistances/endurance charges are uninteresting since we ignore them the majority of the time.

Elemental reflect should be rerolled. Another option, if you really wanna run those maps is using another bow which deals exclusively physical damage like lioneyes glare, harbringer and so on. This will reduce the clearspeed and requires you to use a pure physical bow skill (split arrow, tornado shot, roa). F
Another possibility is using a ranged attack totem for a red socket and let the totem do the work. Not great clearspeed, but a good work-around.

- max resistances: its always a scary mod and will wreck you against ele reflect rares without vaalpact. fire/cold/lightning resist flasks should be popped on top.

Elemental Weakness: Same danger as -max resis, but you can overcap your resistances or use a bismuth flask to counter it. Enduring Cry helps too.

Physical Reflect: I ran several of those, no problem at all.

Hexfont: No curses on enemys > no power charges. You can switch herald of ice with GMP and manually generate those.

No Regeneration: Use a mana or hybrid flask to refill mana when needed. The leech and mana on kill (assmark) is enough if you hit a pack, but a few missed arrows on a fast moving target can empty your manapool quickly.

no leech or less leech: life gained on hit is the best solution, but you will probably not use it in most cases.
Another option is to rely on flasks. Reflect-rares can be scary with no leech.

Other things: multiple dmg mods can always be scary for any build. Vulnerability coupled with Vaal pact + blood rage is annoying, i just dont use bloodrage in those maps.
Bloodmagic is doable, just turn off the auras, we dont rely on those that much as other builds tend to do.

FAQ

Why no Bringer of Rain or Abyssus?

I don't feel like they are necassary. BoR shortens our links and the included gems are suboptimal.
Abyssus cuts a huge hole in our defence while the damage is a bit overkill for most content.

Why no Lioneyes fall for critstaff nodes and the crit cluster next to RT?

Where should i get the points from? I want 100% pierce to cheeze the living shit out of bosses. That requires trsveling to the right side and we pass some really good nodes on the way and behind it. Its not as bad as it seems on the first look.
The staffcluster is not that great either and requires 16 points for the critnodes alone, while also 'wasting' a jewel.

Why don't you get flat elemental damage on the gear or more Elemental damage nodes?

See information and mechanic section

Why don't you use Physical to Lightning support over Physical Projectile attack damage support? Its 100% conversion on a Inquisator!

It is true that Inquisator greatly benefits from tons of elemental damage.
This statement is true for any physical bases Inquisator which converts the damage and gains extra damage due to Hatred/Herald of Ash. A reach of the Council build would, for excample, benefit greatly from it.

Doomfletch's Prism is different. The main goal is to get as much physical damage as possible, because the bow has literally a 330% hatred/ash included.
Any extra damage from Hatred/Ash/Phys to Lightning is minor in comparison.
Extra conversion on the other side does nothing for the extra damage on the bow and the physical part is too low to focus on converting.

Quick Math excample:

lets say we have 1000 average physical damage, 50% already converted by Lightning arrow to 500/500 (note that the extra ele damage by doomfletch is calculated before conversion).

Here is some math to show the difference between those 2 gems:

phys to lightning
1000 phys converted to 1000 lightning
1000 phys x 4.59 (bow + lvl 20 ptol) = 4590 ele dmg
resulting in 5590 total dmg

Ppad
1000 phys converted to 500phys/500lightning
1000 phys x 1.49 = 1490 phys (745 phys after conversion
1490 x 4.3 = 6451.7
resulting in 6951.7 ele + 745 phys dmg for total 7696.7 dmg

the 10% atk speed malus results in still around 7k dmg.

the other support gems make the difference even bigger.

In addition to that we can still leech mana (and life, but thats too low) via physical damage.
Lioneyes Vision has 0.4% physical mana leech, other items/jewels can have it, too. This is enough to substain mana, saves at least one skillpoint.

Why no Frostwall?

2.4 nerf, doesnt work anymore

Why don't you use any other skill like Tornado Shot, Barrage or Splitarrow?

I like LA :P

Why Evasion over Armour?

Reflect is the main reason.
We can Evade and Dodge bow (and wand) attack based reflect damage.
We can also reduce the reflected damage taken with armour, but thats only possible if we deal physical damage, which is only a very small part of our damage.
Physical refect maps are not an issue at all.
For me Evasion is a great defence, especially coupled with Basalt, Stibnite and Jade Flask, optional Lightning Coil and Taste of Hate.
If you have a big lifepool to survive a big hit its great.

Update 28.6.16

- jewels, gear, updated skilltree and flasks in "my character" section.

- updated mechanics, now with Frostwall-Combo explanation.

- updated faq

- moved other ascendancy classes in the next post, 50k letter limit reached ;)

- removed armour vs evasion section, added a short version in the FAQ

- edited the whole guide, removed many typos, some unnecassary lines and so on.

Update 31.9.16

- removed stuff regarding frostwall
- change the gemsetups
- removed more stuff :P
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Sep 6, 2016, 1:23:39 AM
Last bumped on Jan 4, 2017, 10:19:39 AM
Other Ascendancy Classes

Elementalist
This class can be used for a whole different build with this bow (like Oos version), based on fire proliferation.

Shaper of Desolation is the number one reason why people play this class. Great for a Non-Crit build.

Prolif helps in big packs and sometimes on bosses.

reduced reflect damage is the best reason for that class, makes it safer than the inquisator.

mastermind of discord is useful if you use a elemental hit (yes i said that) from time to time for the -25% all res penetration.

The golem buff is ok, nice to have some docoys.

Overall the start is even worse than templar while dealing significantly lower singletarget damage. But the class has a better defence against reflect and two relatively tanky golems as decoys. For a Non-Crit build a great choice.

Ranger Classes

All three have their benefits.

Pathfinders biggest strength for this build is are better flasks, but we cant make big use out of the strongest flasks (taste of hate...). Not worth it.

Deadeye has some damage nodes, yes. But none is as strong as the benefits from the Inquisator, not even close. The pierce nodes in the class might let us free some points for the pierce nodes on the skilltree. Extra arrows are nice, but not a reason for me to pick this over inqui.
20% aoe helps with LA chains and Herald radius.

Raider is the best out of the three for this specc in my opinion. There is much movementspeed possible while granting decent amount of damage and survivability.
Faster in mapclearing, slower at bosses than the inqui, at least on paper.

Berserker is reasonable. The leech and damageboost is quite nice, overall not as huge as the Inquisator.
The Savage hit proccs shouldnt occure too frequently on a ranged char, but can be lifesaver. Really... the best thing is the flat 1% mana/lifeleech, but we pass those nodes on the tree anyway. The rest can be achieved in similar fashion by other classes.

Juggernaut is a good choice on armour based builds, makes good use out of Lioneyes Vision (~1.6k armour), accuracy and atk speed buff and so on. Thats a safe HC choice for sure.

Slayer

The AoE nodes are not great here, Leech is always nice and the stun on full life is useful. Seems worse than Berserker, since we dont need the awesome aoe nodes.

Champion Fortify, thats it. ybetter pick Juggernaut instead for more solid defence/offence.

Ascendant - AssEye 30% pierce + drillneck + piercr gem is 90% pierce, enough in my opinion. Assassin helps a bit with the crit. Can save some points in traveling.

Assassin Good damage, but only 2 notables are great (Infusion). Better on a phys bleed/poison build.

You see, there are many options with benefits and downsides.

Inquisator is my class of choice because the bossslaying capabilitys are the greatest for obvious reasons (0 resists).
Other classes are not wrong, if you have some stuff to respecc or just wanna try the bow with some +phys dmg, this was my opinion.
Skilltrees are similar and easy to adapt, just change the classstarts.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Jul 19, 2016, 12:00:27 AM
another placeholder, who knows when i need it ;)

Very Interesting.

I've made a very similar build that I posted on the forum few days ago here:

I need to update the guide tho ^^ (but im lazy and struggle with time)

Anyway I tried a Nuro Harp for a bit and got very disappointed with the outcome, so I tired windripper and even tho the sheet dps gone up I felt it slower the doomfletcher prism.

I didnt have any idea how to do the math for dmg on this bow, but I knew its much higher then what my tooltip is showing, thanks to you I will be able to do the math on my build :)

Your pathing is similar to mine, but I gone with a lot more elemental damage nodes, as I scale my damage using flat ele dmg on gear and herlads.

I hope your build works well and Its nice to see other people coming with similar ideas
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Last edited by Miazga on Jun 21, 2016, 9:19:11 AM
Flat phys is the way to go, its worth so much more than flat ele dmg.

since the damage is based on physical damage its better to get phys damage over elemental damage (also on the tree), especially because the phys nodes are in general stronger than pure ele nodes.

I just took the most efficient ones and will respecc the templar ele nodes for more survivability since the damage is already insane (like 50% ele dmg vs phase acro cluster, not a hard choice).

Already oneshot atziri mirror phases and i am pretty sure the trio room was inhabited by 3 rare monsters ;)

Last edited by Milkyslice on Jun 21, 2016, 10:10:05 AM
added atziri video in the video section, was a pretty reckless run with no preperation, almost died to bearers :P

https://youtu.be/Ix14YB1JkK0

Hey,

How early did you start using bows?
Last edited by Nanouk on Jun 21, 2016, 1:54:17 PM
lvl 1, lvl 9 into stormcloud, then the fated version into doomfletch.

But its better to start with spells/sunder/earthquake till doomfletch, was a bit slow without chain/pierce.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Jun 21, 2016, 2:14:47 PM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
lvl 1, lvl 9 into stormcloud, then the fated version into doomfletch.

But its better to start with spells/sunder/earthquake till doomfletch, was a bit slow without chain/pierce.

Thanks for the quick answer.

I tried Storm Cloud. Works pretty good, single target is a bit meh but that's understandable at the lower levels.

I think I will really enjoy the build once I get further.
Last edited by Nanouk on Jun 21, 2016, 3:31:37 PM
you will enjoy it with lvl 40 when you start using the bow ans stay powerful until... forever :p

Stormcload was already a great leveling item into low maps, the fated version is even better... but Doomfletchs is in another league

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info