[2.3] Thundercane: Mjolner Uber Atziri Farmer

Alright I'm glad we fixed the mana problem. If it still takes you more than 10 seconds to kill uber izaro then there is something missing to your build, it's not a DPS problem. Also, I had never thought of using those boots but they look amazing for this build!
First: You're not IMMUNE to Reflection - But for Sure the reflectet damage will be immediately compensated because you'll gain about 20 k or even more life per second from your body. That's far more any life gain on hit build can get.

So you have to look out that you don't deal to much damage from a single discharge. Actually you're far away from that. But still, it's not generally impossible for that build to die by reflection. Like almost all builds that deal direct damage.

And of course: This is a great build - but maybe it will be nerfed. The Damage is just to high for a build that actually won't die by Reflection and its tankyness.
Yes, it's not 100% immune to elemental reflection but it certainly feels like it. I ran a 15% elemental reflect map awhile ago and I didn't notice any difference.

Most endgame builds that can breeze through T15 maps and Uber Atziri like this usually end up getting nerfed indeed, but Mjolner will still stay strong!
I have a build similar to this that I copied from another poster. My same question to you that I asked him how are you guys getting 5k+ life? I have identical gear and sitting at 3.5k helth. Granted I'm lacking some life nodes. Any suggestions?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAAHnBLMFLQbGC2ERDxLhFCAUTRcvGF0YkR0UIWAksCcvKaUqjTH7Ntg26DpYOtg7DTwtPO89_ECgRmlG10kbUEdVtVXGVkhXDVcpWGNdpF4TXz9hUmZUZp5nm2jycYVyD3TtdPF6731zf-OApIIHgpuFe4ZgiuSMz49Gkc6S0JRvlmyaO5uhns2fy6IApwinMKyYrQmuPq9svJ_AAcBmwQTE9sauxtjSIdgk2WHd1eFz5FHsOOxV7w7vTu_r8B_xbPJB85v2SPfX-tL8Sw==
I would skip the aura nodes and go for more damage and life instead:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAWGPG2IzPPfxfP_ZIUEfvDhQg8i8aPmoeajvSIdl8ggfyQZHOlmxXDc9-rY3ZYXasAeenMJ7NGJG8n_xLFE2fyxLhouqE72EhGlU26AUtdO3awXrvhNkB3GSjZU29Nkd-vqewq4rwxILpRsT22L3-Crc-g8w8Lcaug1-mVzrh8kX-jzWSTeN82fcycqnqGP5UDc0rUBzOr6ct0p8-WfOsqpBVGjgnLwSzogDwH8BmaGXzm8CaCarZ_Pndi4zvfJ_fgpuaO-Fz5FGFUjIJbEZybLXyXzmbLd3j9OYYXTzvrfEJ9tR8Bg4n7ew4OtjTby5T

For a total of 268 inc max life if you use the right Jewels.
Because of the high life gain rate you don't need high Evasion and Armour. Yes, it'll have only 84 % max resist - but with the higher life this is no problem.
Base life is one of the important things that many people forget when trying to get a large life pool. You need a high amount of base life to complement the % increased life that you get from the tree. There is a lot of room to get more life on your gear: gloves, belt, and ring. Also, make sure that you get Oak's +40 life from normal bandits.

If you are running the Thundercane build, Thermoth's passive tree will not work at all. His passive tree is simply a standard damage oriented Mjolner build. The whole point of Thundercane is to maximize all of your defenses so you are nearly unkillable. You absolutely need to take all the aura wheels in order to get up to 88/87/80 maximum resistances (so you can tank pretty much any spell) and I'm glad you picked up Iron Reflexes as well (to pair with grace and high evasion to get a substantial amount of phys reduc).

You're using a different build and a different tree, so I'd recommend going to that thread and asking for help. The Thundercane build is extremely strict in its passive tree. You need to get every single aura node that's in the guide in order to make it work (maximum tankiness).

If you want the highest possible tankiness against bosses:

http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEAAQHcAecFLRLhFCAUTRiRGjgnLy3SNZI26DrhPfxHfk3jWGNZ818_ZU1oZXKpdO12rIIHhNmQVZHOnz6mV6cwrKq8n702vqfG2M9-02_Yvdl86hjvDvJF9kj3MvxL_gr-jxpVYSGE79rBLlOi6mSjGj7yL2oe0iFXDdlhrY2WbPOb8kGezVBHxPa3PsauPC2DX4PMjM_kUQthr2xo8vAfogAEs6-nHM4rUA3N_lRyD2ae-tIWb-NqJKo26bCrxIKK8OlGHRSPRpuh99esmDpYVcanCOvumuBFnVNSg9uUb2ZUtfJybGxGMgmfyxzneu982Q==

Add vengeance.

Still won't be an afk build.
What's the advantage of this build compared to https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1686414 this one?
Don’t let the 7k HP fool you. Life pool is only a small fraction of how tanky a build is. To make this easier I’m going to go through the statistics one by one.

1) Thundercane has a slightly higher attack speed (6.0 vs 5.7). Just gives us a slightly higher DPS modifier.

2) Thundercane has a ridiculously higher amount of armor (25k), allowing you to facetank end game bosses. 5k armor mitigates almost nothing with the high end phys hitters. This is one of the major factors that makes doing Uber Atziri easy and deathless.

3) Thundercane has a substantially higher maximum resistance for all elements. (We have 88/87/80 vs the other 84/79/79). Now this may not seem like a lot, but it truly is. If he takes 10000 lightning damage, he only feels 2100 lightning damage, but we only feel 1300 lightning damage. This means that he takes 60% MORE damage than we do. Now when elemental damage is very huge and lethal (Uber Atziri and regular Atziri), it is important to keep these high resists.

A few general build differences:

Thundercane doesn’t use Repetance gloves. The damage is compensated with Controlled Destruction, Fire Penetration, and Elemental Weakness (all 3 apply multiplicatively MORE damage). This yields a lot more damage than the 80% increased spell damage that the gloves provide. You also get to use rare gloves which lets you add more life, attack speed, and resistances.

Thundercane uses Alpha’s Howl instead of Devoto’s Devotion for the Aura boost. The immunity to freeze is also nice. If you want that movement speed and attack speed from Devoto’s, that’s fine. That’s all they’re really good for.

He uses two discharges which doesn’t actually do what you would expect. There are threads on reddit and POE why double discharge in Mjolner doesn’t work. In short: the second discharge either has no charges left or only a power charge so it’s pretty much useless. Even the Rainbownuke build explains why two discharges don’t work.

He wastes a 4L on just Shield Charge. Don’t do that…

His boots are actually ideal. I’ll be switching to Death’s Door once Prophecy ends.

Thundercane has a free 3L to put whatever you want in it. (I used CWDT - Tempest Shield - Flame Golem).

Thundercane uses Lightning Strike and Molten Strike in the same 6L for ease of clearing and bossing at the fastest speed.

TLDR: Thundercane is more efficient in the skill tree and gear is oriented more towards tankiness other than damage. This build is certainly safer when it comes to endgame, but it also yields more damage when bossing (map clears don't matter because all Mjolner builds 1 shot packs anyway).
Hey, just wanted to ty for feedback and this build. Some levels, atk speed and that +2 mana on hit realy made the buils epic :) i facetank everything atm and they go down fast! Also being able to wear
is a godsend. Imune ti bleed and 1 extra end charge is realy nice :) considering what to use on flask atm. But anyhows i realy love the build! Super tanky, and shieldcharge + lightningstrike makes trash clearing realy fast! (Trash being everything including yellow mobs ) and molten melts the ones left standing :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info