Development Manifesto: Prophecy Changes

Dont like prophecy. Bring back Cadiro and talismans!!
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

"
sidtherat wrote:
the prophecy should be definitely incorporated into the game

the map rushers do not care about it ('it is not worth it' meta) - but the leveling experience is GREAT with it. with ONE major issue: picking prophecies in act4 of normal and cruel is a gamble that new player is not aware of.

I absolutely agree that prophecy should be incorporated in the core game, maybe with more slots... i think 7 slots are too less; this league could have been so fun if 2-3 prophecy could trigger simultaneously in the same area (this rarely happens... only rarely, and that's not good since this is the core of the league).

I disagree that prophecy should be something that mappers won't care. They have to make every endgame content more risky with some rewarding. The power that ascendancy give is too much if the game doesn't insert something unpredictable, especially in maps.

I want to see more prophecy for maps and labyrinth, but also for atziri.
By any standards I don't have a trash pc, this game is running worst and worst with every patch and none of you can call bull shit on this since I've played a multitude of different builds to 90+,HOI(Herald of Ice) is still causing huge frame drops with massive packs not small packs especially with spark or vaal spark, CoC (Cast on Crit) cyclone propping discharge causes giant frame drops for the user and with anyone in the party even if your PC has quad titan's it will still shit on your frames, just a small list of poor optimization that has been in the game even back in closed beta days before the game was even released 4 years ago discharge was having the same problems. In the 4 years I've played this, this is the 2nd league that has almost pushed me to quitting from poor optimization and poor execution of skills interacting with mobs old and new, these need to be addressed almost immediately because I'm not the first nor the last to have a complaint about this. Please for the love of god save your game with simple fixes before releasing anything major that is just going to add to the already massive list.
Burn the Heretic. Kill the Mutant. Purge the Unclean.
Last edited by LegionsOmen on Jun 21, 2016, 3:04:43 AM
Please, address the performance issues as soon as possible.

This league has introduced a sudden, large jump backwards regarding performance. Party play is more of a gamble than gaming.

Two weeks before Prophecy hit, the game played smooth as butter, FPS topped, the difference is stupefying. There is definitely something wrong going on.

And mind me, I have the whole game on RAMDISK. Slow hardware is not at fault here.
aye I'm almost done. Need to get that skyforth prophecy
(Location):PH
Duelist is kylo ren -_-
"
ZL0J wrote:
wow, forum so lazy I hit 1st page

"
Drakkon1 wrote:
my wife who has recently started playing

I honestly thought that she left you!

New wife? :D

On topic - yes, +1 vote for adding Prophecy to core game in September.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"...which helps validate the creation of high-budget challenge leagues."

Yes, but for the love of Kuduku include them in the permanent leagues after they're over!
That would go a long way in keeping the game interesting for us (probably a majority of players?)
who play the permanent leagues as well!
Yeah put prophecy in permanent. I give you my reason for it:

1: garanted unique drops allways good for some motivation even if you do not need it, cause if you keep mysterious gift you can reroll these drops.

2: fated uniques: They are just awsome. There are a lot of uniques that are only good when you find them in low level to help your level progression. With the fated versions you can make a low level unique into a end game value item. And they In my opinion they are not totally op also i think that the Cauteriser made Cruel and the first two acts on merciless quit simple, so maybe some level adjustments or change of base type or so. And there are a lot of other low level unique that need a fated upgrade :D, maybe not Tabula Rasa but for example Shiversting.

3: The counsel: hey just keep the prophecy chains and those nice endgame map similar to Atziri. And yeah the uniques are also nice :smirk:

4: Kadaka... You really don´t wonna leave poor Kuduko all alone on his cliff? Do you? Don´t be so mean. Just add him also to the underground river :)

"
ZL0J wrote:
wow, forum so lazy I hit 1st page

"
Drakkon1 wrote:
my wife who has recently started playing

I honestly thought that she left you!

Isn't that quite the same?
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
Deja Vu from Bex. Chris already posted on this.

The real question that needs to be answered is whether or not GGG is Horton and can hear us Who's and our problems with trying to play PoE or are our multitude of posts falling on deaf ears and GGG is deliberately ignoring us. It is most certainly a fact of a shorter development cycle from 3 months + 1 week for a temp league and then 3 weeks before the next league starts to now 3 months from temp league to temp league that a huge ocean of bugs and playing problems exist in Prophecy League and quality of play is the worst (frequent latency spikes are certainly ruining my ability to enjoy playing) it has ever been.

To that end I sure hope GGG is seriously listening to us and working around the clock to fix Prophecy. More importantly going forward is the hope that GGG will go back to their older dev timeline of 4 months from temp league to temp league. GGG needs the extra time to kill bugs and we all appreciate a smoother playing PoE.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info