[2.3][SC][HC(?)] The Pantless Samurai – 2H Sword Elemental Crit Inquisitor

Wanna look badass like a samurai?
Wanna see the screen explode in clusters of Ice?
Wanna slash the hell out of ya enemies?
If yes to the above, you have come to the right guide.
Introducing [Pantless Samurai], who need pants anyway? :D

The stapler and origin of this build:
Spoiler

This sexy sword is bought with 20c.
- PERFECT attack speed
- PERFECT Crit Chance
- PERFECT Crafted Crit Multi
- HIGH tri ele rolls
enuf said :D

I saw this on the market and no one, literally no one wants to play a cool samurai crit 2h sword build. Even more, an elemental one. I decided to turn the tables around with this.

Thanks to “Alcoy_Wander” for selling this to me at such a low price :P

Concept of the build:
Spoiler

- We do Tri-elemental damage : Cold, Fire, Lightning
- We want to crit A LOT coz of the high crit multiplier of the 2H exquisite blade.
- We go Inquistor – We get to “ignore enemies elemental resistances”, which lets us do our elemental damage unmitigated to mobs or “True Damage” in League of Legends terms.
- We grab all the crit nodes we can ever possibly get on the tree, while maintaining a decent pool of life, since we are after all a melee fighter.
- We use Lacerate for slashing.
- We use Herald of Ice for Ice explosion chaining since we freeze all the time.

While skills like Lightning Strike, Ice Crash, Static Strike, Cleave, etc all works,
I use Lacerate to best fulfill the fantasy of a SLASHING SAMURAI .
*** I particularly despise “Ice Crash with Swords”, you don't use a fucking sword to hit the ground >.>
That is especially retarded on a samurai character.

A samurai slashes, not slam the ground.

How we fight:
Spoiler

- We stay mid-ranged for best Lacerate AOE coverage.
- We jump around using Leap Slam
- We use Ancestral Protector when facing bosses and slash from afar
-

My character
Spoiler

IGN: PantlessSamurai
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/tenjou00/characters

Passive Skill Tree & Bandits & Ascendancy:
Spoiler

- Bandits: Oak, Kraityn, Kill-All
- We need life, attack speed but we don't need power charges coz we don't generate them. Maybe you can get the Endurance Charge by helping Oak if you feel like it.
- Ascendancy: Take “Inevitable Judgement”, then pick what you want.
For the passive tree, we want to pick up as many crit nodes on the tree along with some elemental damage nodes and life nodes. We are mainly evasion + dodge based.

Passive Tree @LVL85:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAQKWBLMFtQYgBqILYQxSD6sWvxfcGjgi4iP2JIsk_SaVJy8qTTBxMHwyiTWSNj06QjrYPAU8LT8nR-JKmErIS1dLeE2SUUdRTFVLVvpfsGHiYqxmVGjybIxtbG6qb55wUnKpdKB3B3fXd-V9W38rgpuDX4PMhMWFe4cTidOLjIwLjDaNfY2_kFWSbpJ9lFyYb5o7m7WcpJ2qn9-iAKQ5qLmsR69stMW18rc-uXy8VsBmwOPC7MM6xPbGrsjcykrMZtJ81CPYvdwj3ajlz-dU7DjssO988B_xs_cy-d3-Cv_e

Gem Setup:
Spoiler

We use minimum of 5L.
For 6L you can use whatever you want but I use Life Leech coz we don't have life leech sustain on the passive tree.
Life leech makes for QoL in this build, at least for me.
We also use an Ancestral Protector in 3 Links for kitting purposes or dealing with troublesome mobs we don't want to be close to. Believe me, 3 Links is enough to take down some of the nastiest mobs in the game.

Main Gem Links:
1) Lacerate + Multistrike + Weapon Elemental Damage + Increased Critical Strikes + Increased AOE + <insert your preferred support gem here>
- Main attack link
2) Ancestral Protector + Added Lightning Damage + Added Cold Damage
- Kitting purposes and additional dps
3) Herald of Ice + Increased AOE + Ice Bite + Frost Bomb
- Chain Ice Explosions while gaining occasional Frenzy Charges
4) Leap Slam + Faster Attacks + Fortify
- Procs Fortify buffs while repositioning
5) Immortal Call + Cast when Damage Taken
- Our burst damage defense, basically run like hell if it procs.
6) Enduring Cry
- Endurance Charges generation.
7) Summon Ice Golem
- Our little partner giving us more crit chance and more accuracy
-
Others are just fillers. I am constantly trying out stuff with this character.

Other Gears
Spoiler

Stats to prioritize on items:
Life, Accuracy, Weapons Elemental Damage.
***We lack accuracy stats on passive tree hence we need a ton of it on our gears.

This helm has attack speed, crit chance and high life. A good choice. If you want to forgo the life and get Rat’s Nest, sure go ahead. But I want to live and don't die ☺

We use Hinekora’s Sight coz it gives us crap ton of accuracy while giving us dodge and spell dodge and the immune to blind. Don't underestimate the immune to blind. Shrouded Rare with blind will really make you deal little to no damage and in certain situations when you are surrounded by mobs will make your deaths certain or annoying.

Nothing special, we want res and weapon elemental damage here.

The chest slot can be changed to the new (2.3) Kintsugi Exquisite Leather armour for a more evasion melee feel or whatever you like as long as you can get the links and cap your resistances. I opted for this coz of the 6 links ☺

Just some more accuracy and attack speed and some resistances.

Resistances, resistances

We want 30% movespeed on our boots for maximum speed and carnage.

Flasks:
Spoiler

We use 2 life flasks and 3 utility flasks.

This flask gives us decent but fairly fast sustain during fight. Especially in labyrinth runs.

This flask is for dangerous situations. Pop it when you life goes down suddenly and run the hell away and reposition. You are evasion dodge fighter, not armour endurance block tank fighter.

This flask is our defense if we decided to tank a little during mob fights or facing bosses dealing physical damage. Use this combined with 3 endurance charges and you will be fine most of the time vs regular mobs. The bleed immunity allows us to tank or run away at will during the flask duration.

This flask is for running through maps or allows quick reposition, the reduced charges used mods allows for 3 uses which is nice and allows for more tactical playstyle. The poison immunity is good, since there are dangerous poison mobs now eg: valley jungle spider bullshit

Finally this flask is our burst damage flask. As an Inquisitor, we want to crit as many times as we can to proc the “Ignore elemental resistances on critical strikes” effect when we fight and is especially true when facing bosses or mobs with high elemental resistances. This allows us to quickly burst down bosses and mobs without trouble. The freeze and chill immunity makes sure we deal our maximum dps in the 5.5 sec timeframe without interruption (under the assumption that we are not stunned during that duration)

All My Gears:
Spoiler

Videos:
Spoiler

A small demonstration of my build. Not optimal but a good feel of what my build is.

Dried Lake : https://youtu.be/MIQnxU8qxLg
Gorge Map: https://youtu.be/mMwFP4PokQQ
Dry Peninsula Map: Coming Soon

Last edited by tenjou00 on Jun 20, 2016, 8:09:26 AM
Last bumped on Mar 20, 2018, 12:34:27 PM
RESERVED
RESERVED
When would you use Frost Bomb? Just for bosses?

Also, in your video what is the icicle effect when you kill mobs?

Otherwise, I'm loving the build, I'm currently level 52 and it's so much fun. Can't wait to get to endgame.
Last edited by Tweakiee on Jun 25, 2016, 6:15:02 AM
OMG! A first reply for my first build guide every written in my POE career XD.
And yes, I call it a career coz you spend so much time in it that the time spent could be used to start a career XD.
Anyway, thanks for your response! Glad you are liking my build.

The Frost Bomb is just me testing out stuff. We dont have life leech on tree, so I was testing out the Dyadian Dawn Heavy Belt leech mechanic. I am still quite divided on the stats... The "0.6% life leech against chilled enemies" is very attractive but hard to actually use it. The time needed to cast frost bomb on casual mobs are better spent obliterating them. And most bosses just die to your burst setup aka concentrated effect and ele.ignore and your bro-tem. You burst so fast that it doesnt matter and most of the time the monsters are busy hitting your bro-tem.

Edit: the icicle is from the new mtx "Gloom Herald". Quite nice ice explosions!!

Thank you for trying out my build :D
Cheers mate!!
Last edited by tenjou00 on Jul 4, 2016, 1:38:22 PM
看了下楼主的视频,你应该是中国人吧?我就打中文了
我是一个正在摸索和练级新手,请问你觉得你这个BD适合新手么?
贴吧有乱世之翼的BD,视觉效果是完全比不上你这个BD啦,所以想玩一个你这样的BD
Reply me if you actually dont speak Chinese, lol
how come you say use Ancestral Protector when in your gear your using Ancestral war chief because atm i'm following the build started using Ancestral Protector but then switch to try out Ancestral war chief? which is better? also i notice you have arctic amour is that highly recommend to use?
i'll do this build, cool concept and nice playstile.
I'm not Brazilian.
starting this build now, useing frost blades tho, till lvl 12. ok now lvl 30 and useing a bow with barrage and killing 3 times faster right now lol, but likeing the build so far.
Life sucks; but damn i'm havin a ball doin it.
Last edited by Nuitariwolf on Jul 17, 2016, 3:25:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info