Name your 3 most broken things in PvP

"
Rupenus wrote:

136k cold damage per second... sounds legit.

Don't forget the 33% more dmg of Vulnerability on top of it, the absence of pvp reduction, the pvp formula allowing better scaling for elemental damages, the impossibility to avoid it and bonus round... That nice chill effect to keep you inside for longer.

Spoiler
Dominus would be proud.

Now let's play a game and try to think like a true GGG designer to make that thing even better.

I suggest "follow the ennemy movement, modifier to spell dmg are affecting this skill movespeed."
Last edited by IceDeal on Jun 22, 2016, 5:34:46 PM
"
Rupenus wrote:
i doubt that blade vortex can deal with mines. 7l BA mines with pb on tree can one shot 20k ES + deceiver, i did the testings.
i played versus shadowthefall's vortex and i had 4-0 there. firestorm can be tricky, but i also doubt that it would very strong since there is always a chance that it can get offscreen'd. i dont get surprised when i one shot 14k ES from high distance.

but its typical lapiz, he always likes to think that the build he choses to play is the best. we get used to it.

and i cant miss this one:

136k cold damage per second... sounds legit.

Always? Before ascendancy EA was clearly the "best" build.. Now it is most likely either fyndel's CI fstorm/bvortex char or my life-based pure firestormer. I dont think I've actually ever been or claimed to be in this situation before?

This vortex/herald crap doesnt do anything to those 2 caster builds. It might wreck your archer but really which actual build or character wouldn't achieve that in your archer's current state?
hahaha, nice, i cant believe you fell into my immature trolling trap. i see no big problem with my build tbh.

this is seriously too good
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Jun 22, 2016, 5:39:09 PM
If you are immature all the time it's not a trap
As bad as it looks it's still a friendly interaction going on here.

It only it gets hostile if someone brings up forum post history. haha.

1. PvP formula. The formula that greatly reduces everyone's damage is around since a very long time now, since the days where it was much harder to scale damage (fewer support gems, less active skills with simplier mechanics, no ascendency, less defensive options that allowed less damage investment elsewhere, etc). Changing this formula to further reduce everyone's damage would already help the most on the PvP scene in my opinion. It's just a numerical change, so I imagine it is one of the easiest fixes to apply.

2. Shotgunning. Either in form of AoE overlap, or getting simultaneous hits from the same skill (mines, traps). Rather simple, but not so good solution would be to just reduce the damage of the problematic skills. Harder, but better solution would be to remove the AoE overlap completely, or put a very short <0.05 sec "cooldown" hard cap when getting hit by the same skill, or every hit registers a very short buff on the target that reduces damage of the next incoming hits, and it would stack, not additively but multiplicatively.

3. Secondary damage and Frost Wall. The often mentioned skills LA, EA (but if the above changes are made then it might not need further fix), and other skills with their interaction with Frost Wall should be disabled in PvP.

Bonus: Vortex and Essence drain. Skills with heavy DoT effects already have separate harsh T overrides, but these don't since they are new. Edit: it was mentioned they have T values, but then it seems they would require some quick balance override T values.

IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by Márkusz on Jul 25, 2016, 3:29:24 PM
Vortex is the new AXN RF.

SAD it might never been nerfed like rf did haha.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Hi everyone,

Several posts have been removed and warned via PM for breaching the Code of Conduct.

Everyone is entitled to voice their opinion, but please do not submit antagonistic comments or personal attacks.
^ lol out of everything that's been said, only the bantering gets noticed by ggg
______________________M
Someone reported the post, I wonder who...

Anyway let's all get one shoted by Vortex and laugh at ourself.

Spoiler
Last edited by IceDeal on Jun 23, 2016, 12:25:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info