Theory for Berserker

Hello! I'm new here(in this game). Just like to play barbarians with high attack speed and high melee damage. I'm trying to build this one:

Passive Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAAHcAecFPAd1CZYLYQ48FCAU9hUgFukZihm0GekaPhrkG_oelCFVIZAkNySdJbwl3ycgKjgs-y2DNI41kjboOQ46UjqdOztHfkh4UEdR5lWpVbVYr14TXz9f0GCRYMRhUmJaZU1nm2hYagFqBGqla9lul287cql2f3asd1N343gNeWh7jH7ghMSE2YVShjuGYIiPidiKIpJ9lwaXeZe0mFeYb55XnsWezaQZpzCpbq2Nrj6vbLXytiy9Nr6nvwjAGsCmwQTDOsSixVPGrs9-037Xlti92WHbT9wj3DLcPd-Y37_gw-RR5K3lz-oQ6hjrCe8O707vevIv8pz2o_cy9774X_0w_9M=

I heard people said me that melee in this game is not so good, and need good mobility for evading, but i tried to go another way with maximum instant life leech. In theory if I have insane attack speed and do a lot of damage it will be enough to regen full health in a ~second and do a lot of armor and resists for survive any attack from mobs. But still will have problem with mobs that froze and slow me, if there any solution for this you can offer me?

For main skill I will use two skills:
for AOE
Sunder-Multistrike-Life Leech-Melee Phys Dmg-Fortify Support-Faster Attacks
for Single target
Molten Strike-Multistrike-Life Leech-Melee Phys Dmg-Fortify Support-Faster Attacks

Last bumped on Jun 20, 2016, 5:18:06 AM
You need a lot more life, even for a softcore build. Freeze duration on you is based on your maximum health, so more health means shorter freezes.
Vaal pact is way too far away for you to use it efficiently, you'll be much tankier if you get decent life regen and get some life leech through blood rage.
You also don't want to use the blood magic keystone, because you sacrifice the ability to use auras, which are some of the most potent skills in the game. I would recommend picking up a hatred aura and a herald of ash, both of which will give you a massive damage boost.
I'd recommend changing your tree to look more like this:

I would also recommend changing your skill gems to:
Sunder - Multistrike - Fortify - Increased area of effect - Melee physical - faster attacks or added fire
I believe the life leech gem is just way overkill if you're running blood rage and have a bit of leech in the tree already.
How to make currency in Path of Exile, a comprehensive guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Ig9_8XjC8
Thank you for your reply! Seems I need now to start new character :D a lot of passives already used for Vaal pact route.
I'm level 50 now, in common I continue to do acts without any problem, I have trouble only with bosses, sometimes they can oneshot me. I don't know if it normal to fight 5-7 minutes with boss, or it's bad in my condition. Watched a lot of youtube videos with guides, but there no one melee and also no leveling guides. Only 70+ builds, so I can't compare with them :(

I tried the Vaal pact, as you said, it's very poor hp regen. I thought it will be much much larger :(
Tried 2 auras that you say and it's much better now, thank you!)
Last edited by ktak on Jun 19, 2016, 12:44:07 PM
Berserker with vaal pact is a very strong combo. Check this thread for details https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1613272
Seems interesting, will check it too, thank you
You have to have a good lifepool to faceleech. An attack that leaves you with one hitpoint might get you killed in another second, but you have a reasonable chance to leech through it. An attack that does more damage than you have life will kill you, period, no matter how hard you leech.
Hm, so what numbers of Armour and Evasion I need for not be killed by one punch in late game?
Last edited by ktak on Jun 20, 2016, 1:16:16 AM
Armor and evasion aren't as important as life because they reduce only physical damage you take. Armor offer very little protection against big hits, so don't overinvest in it. Your goal should be to increase life pool as much as possible. Kaom's heart is BiS, but with it you are limited to two-handers.
Last edited by First_Citizen on Jun 20, 2016, 3:26:47 AM
2H weapon have better burst damage here, I wanted use double wield at first, but saw it gives much lower damage. Then will search for Kaom's chest first and then try that build, because leveling with it very hard. 54 level in act 3 Cruel I had troubles with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info