[2.3][Prophecy][lvl 96, R28] Mjolner Voll's Juggernaut 6.9k hp, high damage+clear speed, high budget

"
Millennium wrote:
If you were to have about 10 ex, how much more would you need to add to get the build going? Or is that much enough?

edit: I'm talking about standard, by the way.

i think the required expensive pieces to get this build going are voll's devotion and mjolner, which is a bit under 20ex on standard

of course you'll need to spend a lot more to min-max with things like death's door boots, +1 endurance belt with nice stats, lv 4 enlighten or +1 gems gloves, lv 21 discharges, devoto's with molten strike projectiles or discharge damage etc
"
"
Millennium wrote:
If you were to have about 10 ex, how much more would you need to add to get the build going? Or is that much enough?

edit: I'm talking about standard, by the way.

i think the required expensive pieces to get this build going are voll's devotion and mjolner, which is a bit under 20ex on standard

of course you'll need to spend a lot more to min-max with things like death's door boots, +1 endurance belt with nice stats, lv 4 enlighten or +1 gems gloves, lv 21 discharges, devoto's with molten strike projectiles or discharge damage etc

What makes death's door boots so desirable, and wouldn't lvl 3 enlighten work for the build?
death's door gives bleed immunity and a flat dps/survivability increase with +1 max endurance charges

using a lv 3 enlighten you have something like 35~ unreserved mana running triple purities. you could play with that much mana but your self-cast immortal call would need to be low level with a shorter duration, and your molten strike would need to be 6-linked with blood magic or drop a link to fit in blood magic to be able to cast it repeatedly.

alternatively you could drop a purity and replace it with arctic armor so you have a bit more mana to play with using lv 3 enlighten
On the level 3 Enlighten note - I played with level 3 Enlighten for a while until I was able to afford an Enlighten 4. I spent 4 skill points to get enough mana for self cast Immortal Call.

First, two points to the lower duelist mana node (Revelry) with +2 mana gained on hit
Second, the upper duelist node (Mana Flows) - this also has +20 int so it would allow you to possibly skill out of a +30 int node if you are using one.

So the skill point cost is 3-4 points depending on your int situation.

Once you get enlighten 4, you can regret out of these points. Or, you can drop PoI for arctic armour as the previous poster said. I actually prefer AA over PoI for Atziri, just to feel a little safer against fire.

edit:

I just did some calculations with damage. I swapped Fortify on Molten Strike for LMP, since I figure I use shield charge often enough to keep fort up.

Used a COC DPS calculator to find Molten Strike damage.. I know the damage isn't exactly correct, due to the nature of our charges always being in flux. Just wanted to get an idea of how much LMP adds.

link to earlier post with my build modifications

5.74 APS x 9 projectiles x 2x L21 Discharge
Assuming full end. charges, Fortify (with dmg bonus from Unyielding)
1 power charges: 485k DPS
3 power charges: 586k DPS

LMP adds roughly 100k DPS, or about 20% MORE damage. It's safe to say you will always be discharging at least 1 PC, because you have to hit something before you proc discharge. With more projectiles, not only do you proc more discharges, you discharge more power charges from the additional hits that didn't proc. So it's worth considering that LMP adds additional hidden DPS from that.

Not that it REALLY matters.. everything dies so fast.

More projectiles=Additional chance to proc=More heal, also making the build safer.. so I definitely recommend swapping Fortify for LMP! Just make sure to keep Fortify up with Shield Charge.
Last edited by luckyshin on Aug 21, 2016, 4:09:14 AM
fortify on molten strike is a huge QoL thing, i tried dropping it as well when running on a 5 link kingsguard earlier in the league. it felt like relying on shield charge can really screw you up on stuff like uber atziri split phases. plus you lose some damage overall since you need to stop molten striking, charge, then start molten striking again. combine the cast time of shield charge and the half second it takes for molten strike projectiles to actually hit, and you've lost a second of steady discharging every 5-6 seconds or so.

easiest way to fit in lmp would be dropping blood magic as the 6th link imo :)
This looks like a really cool build, jacob. I guess I'll try it next league since it seems to be almost immortal while providing nice DPS. Does someone know how this build compares to a MjölnerJuggernaut with MaxBlock?

"
incognito626 wrote:
Thank you @Ridelith. You have been very helpful and offered great advice. I just ended up buying a Quality 20 +4 enlighten gem and the character is doing very well.

I just checked your profile. How can you afford so many 6 Links and other decent gear with only one character at lvl 81 and all the others being ~61-75?
This is a buff.
you have death door, why still use bleeding flask?
Btw, why not Blood Rage + Enhance lv3/4? 24% AS on Enhance lv3 or 26% AS with Enhance lv4 and Free Frenzy!!

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
swapped around a few gems and traded purity of ice for blasphemy-flammability and added in blood rage, build feels way faster now. going from 87 unreserved mana to 43 kind of hurts though, had to lower the levels on self-cast IC

"
redix27 wrote:
Btw, why not Blood Rage + Enhance lv3/4? 24% AS on Enhance lv3 or 26% AS with Enhance lv4 and Free Frenzy!!

the frenzy charges and leech are somewhat useless, but the attack speed is so juicy. definitely worth fitting into the build, even if you have to use an unset ring
Last edited by shadowfriend420 on Aug 26, 2016, 5:22:14 AM
hi i need an advice here xD dont know why my damage suck only 14k at ful charge 9 endu / 3 power can u check my gear and profile and give me some tip ? thank you xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info