HiltLess CWDT Berserker Build. I Hurt Myself today.. To proc my CWDT...

With this stuff and the tree you can see I'm using in my profile I have 7011hp at level 89 with 2 7%life jewels and 2 fevered minds.

Things I'm doing differently:
No skill points in reduced mana reserves.
Cruel and merciless bandits all killed and skill points used in tree.
Using unset rings to have space to run 2 auras(hatred+anger).
Running cwdt level 8 (1107 damage required) with level 11 summon fire golem 17% damage added to everything, level 11 curse and a max level 54 spell depending which curse I use. If I wish to use enfeeble I will run green damage spell like blade vortex. If I run poachers mark for frenzy charges I'll run arc max level 54 to proc more shocks.
Replaced protector totem with rallying cry for even more dps. As I'm too busy during fights watching my hp bar to worry about placing totems rallying cry has a decent length and super short cast time giving another huge 16% damage increase and lasts for 8seconds+30% if 20 quality.
I have my 6 linked cyclone(303mana cost) + 2 fevered minds tuned to do 1170(+303 cyclone cost doesn't count as hit damage) self damage before fortify, 1053(+303mana cost doesn't count as hit damage) with fortify). This is safe till 7025hp with my current gear(7025-85%=1053), I currently have 7011 which needs 1051 self damage. if my armor goes up the numbers will of course change so wearing things like belly of the beast would require much more self damage/lower life.
Chest and helm sets are max cwdt level 16(2 cyclone uses plus self damage from hiltless hitting mobs to proc). Capping to level 9 cwdt works better for leeching more often but lower dps due to the lesser damage % of the lower level cwdt gems. The spells will be leveled to max level 66 (iron will and controlled destruction will be 20/20)

Without scolds and 2 fevered minds, I ran cwdt level 1 bv level 8 curse on hit + level 20 curse and used Hatred + Anger and 2 jewels with 8-10% increased damage/ 7% life/ attack speed in place of the fevered minds. The other cwdt sets were level 19 and all spells maxed.

My tree goes up the left side to the Templar start area to get the aoe nodes and two handed sword physical/accuracy/attack speed nodes. I end up having 215% life + 5 jewels 2 for fevered mind and 3 with 7% life each and 8-10% damage + any extra damage/speed/resists I need. A much higher physical attack damage for my cyclone + attack speed and accuracy a str of 493 currently which means life+phyiscal damage for cyclone + spell damage to the 3 spells behind iron will. Int is covered via my boots and amulet giving me 161 which is past the max required 155 for level 20 spell gems.

Last edited by _KaOtiC_ on Oct 8, 2016, 7:13:21 PM
Nice variation! ;-)

---

First try on the Shaper's Realm: fail

For my first run, I fail on the Shaper's fight second stage... but I think I can beat him with a little practice of his fight. I can tank his big laser beam and all the effect on the ground while I leech on him. The most dangerous moment in the first half of the fight is his great OS-AoE and his gold projectiles when you need to flee. However, bosses before the Shaper'one were easy (I've got Merveil, Kaom, Dominus and Gravicius) and the boss between the two stages of the Shaper’s fight was easy if you dodge his big-charged AoE.

I need to farm other fragments of guardians ! ;-)
i'm trying this build on my slayer (Blood_And_Blade), just want to test if its runable on it.

and it turns out bad, especially with vall pact, so i decide to stack life regen as much as i can to counter the self damage, and some nodes on life leech.

my question is, what cwdt level that are able to proc spells quick enough in succession, i'm trying with lv 18,16, and currently testing on lv 14. there seems to be to slow to proc, i know there is a cooldown for triggered skills that 2.4 introduced, so i want my spells to proc just right after it becomes available again.

should i use different level cwdt on a setup.? like one in lv 16 on others in lv 14.?

what do you think.?

btw, i'm not yet using scolds, as it's expensive on essence
"
i'm trying this build on my slayer (Blood_And_Blade), just want to test if its runable on it.

and it turns out bad, especially with vall pact, so i decide to stack life regen as much as i can to counter the self damage, and some nodes on life leech.

my question is, what cwdt level that are able to proc spells quick enough in succession, i'm trying with lv 18,16, and currently testing on lv 14. there seems to be to slow to proc, i know there is a cooldown for triggered skills that 2.4 introduced, so i want my spells to proc just right after it becomes available again.

should i use different level cwdt on a setup.? like one in lv 16 on others in lv 14.?

what do you think.?

btw, i'm not yet using scolds, as it's expensive on essence

This build wont work correctly with slayer, you can't leech fast enough without the savagery you'll end up doing more to yourself then you are healing when you get spike damage from big hits its going to kill you quickly. And you definitely won't be able to run scolds the damage is like 1600 per press of cyclone without savagery leeching 100% of damage how do you intend to get that life back?
"
_KaOtiC_ wrote:

This build wont work correctly with slayer, you can't leech fast enough without the savagery you'll end up doing more to yourself then you are healing when you get spike damage from big hits its going to kill you quickly. And you definitely won't be able to run scolds the damage is like 1600 per press of cyclone without savagery leeching 100% of damage how do you intend to get that life back?

yes, big hits are keep me from leveling up my lv 80 duelist.

i've been testing your concept of cwdt + spell with my berseker BV, and it works fantastic, the only problem is, Scold's are a mandatory.

Few changes moved some points around gave up a little dps from my cyclone by moving the two handed nodes near the start area to the bottom 20% life and jewel and picked up a 3rd fevered mind jewel just below scion start. So I'm running 3x life + damage jewels and 3 fevered minds.
This is how my tree looks now

Changed cyclone links to Cyclone+Melee physical+FA+fortify+conc effect+added fire this change my mana cost from 101 with WED to 86 with added fire(dps went up on cyclone by around 7k) and with a third fevered mind it costs me 86+300%=344 x 400% from scolds = 1376(+344 cost doesn't count as hit) -32 for my 430armor and -10% fortify after aspect of carnage 1376-32=1344, 1344-10%=1209 self damage this is enough to proc savagery until I go over 8000hp.
Keeping gems at cwdt16 max level 66 gems and the curse/golem setup at cwdt 8. 1209 new self damage number still not enough to go up 1209x2=2418. Cwdt 17(2621 damage) only effects EK the rest need level 18 (2874 damage) which would push me to 3 cyclones per cast to only gain 8% more on each spell.

When I want to do easier stuff or mf farming, with a few gear changes. I run max cwdt 9 with max level 54 spells for fast proc rates to leech and kill trash quickly when the bigger damage isn't so needed.

Now running with 7299hp at level 90 with the option to chase 20% more in the tireless wheel or pick up more dps as I move towards 100.

Just did 3 back to back atziri deathless I just change out bf and ek for added cold and cull or Sometimes reflect will kill me if I don't change gems. I have managed to out leech and kill reflect form twice now though.
Last edited by _KaOtiC_ on Oct 11, 2016, 9:01:18 PM
I've been playing around with this build on my newest character and ended up on a hybrid character, something between this and the ScoldBreath pathfinder.

Currently sitting at L87 and ~7k life. Am using Hiltless (5L), Carcass Jack (6L), Scold's (+ 4 Fevered Mind). My cyclone mana usage is 375 which is enough to proc Cloaked in Savagery on use (once my energy shield is gone). For spells I use Blade Vortex, Bladefall, Ethereal Knives, Ice Nova, Shock Nova, Glacial Cascade, Molten Shell and Vortex. I got Enfeeble on a seperate CWDT and leap slam + BM for mobility in combat. If I need to supercharge my DPS for something, I swap Glacial Cascade for Righteous Fire.

I found it to be a major upgrade to spend the few extra points and grab MoM, so I can use Zerphi's Last Breath. This helps a ton on survivability in situations where leech might get interrupted to stop me from killing my self. It's also near Elemental Overload which gives a nice boost to elemental damage. I did this around L80 and got the points from respeccing out of some 2H nodes near duelist, since cyclone dmg was beginning to fall off compared to cwdt dmg.

I tried running the ScoldBreath version with shield, Fire Burst sceptre and wyrmsign gloves, but felt it was really inferior. It was nice to have more spells in CWDT setups and shield charge, but the leech is much more inconsistent and it relies heavily on Zerphi's uptime for survival.

All guardians webt down quite easily. Only had issues with Minotaur (falling rocks one-shot me) and phoenix (I couldn't see when he was doing his explosion because of all my fireworkds). Hydra and Chimera were easily facetanked all fight. Reflect maps make the guardians easier, since it boosts DPS a lot. Atziri and uber Izaro also went down no problem. Havn't attempted council/uber atziri/Shaper yet.

Thanks for a great and extremely fun build!

Current passive tree (L87)

Current gear
Spoiler
I made 1 change to my gem setups I replaced ethereal knives with blade vortex level 18 and when I change curses I put level 15 EK in the poachers mark spot and use whatever level 11 blue curse enfeeble/vulnerability in the arc level 12 spot. Moved some more dps nodes around to fix my resists and gain more life. Tree can be seen in my profile currently level 91 will be taking the 20%accuracy 3%attack speed 3%move speed near templar next then 10%phys/10%chaos nodes near assassin start point.

Started to do guardians few smalls things that help:
Phoenix use enfeeble so you can tank his discharge most of the fight once he I had 7 debuffs on me I would get 1 shot by it. Before that I could just sit on him and go to town with short cyclones. Without enfeeble he will 1 shot me with 7366hp on a good rolled blue map just rolled for elemental reflect for max dps. Adding extra mods I would just avoid his discharge via leapslam and use vuln on him instead since you won't be able to maintain frenzies via poachers.

Chimera use vuln unless bad rolls he doesn't 1 shot 7k hp if extra damage rolls run enfeeble. Roll for ele reflect, if badly rolled for atlas completion run enfeeble and be ready to chase/find him during smoke screen or you will die this is the only boss that gives me grief. If I find him fast enough no problems otherwise sometimes you'll run out of pots searching for him.

Minotaur very easy just run enfeeble and sit on him till its over.

Hydra also very easy just dont run -max res/ele weakness unless you are over capped. Can run poachers mark here as plenty of trash spawning for charges. Just try to keep on top of him I think I used 1 pot on the corrupt no ele reflect I ran for a friend.

Worst chimera I've completed 1 death 4 portals left at end
Spoiler
Last edited by _KaOtiC_ on Oct 23, 2016, 12:45:49 AM
How does the 100 damage from Hiltless trigger CWDT when it requires 528 damage at LV 1?
Aspect of carnage doesn't seem to be enough to turn that 100 into 528.

edit: nvm, i got it
Last edited by Bloodmatter on Oct 31, 2016, 5:49:38 AM
"
Bloodmatter wrote:
How does the 100 damage from Hiltless trigger CWDT when it requires 528 damage at LV 1?
Aspect of carnage doesn't seem to be enough to turn that 100 into 528.

edit: nvm, i got it

So I don't quite get it. Maybe you, the OP, or someone else would kindly, and simply, explain it to me?

Also, another quick question: Why do you focus so much on physical damage nodes in this build instead of spell/elemental stuff? Aren't your procs what are actually doing all the damage and helping you clear so fast? My guess is the reason is so you can take on bosses better, is that right?

Anyway, thanks a lot for posting. I respec'd a level 77 Marauder I had sitting on Standard to play with this at least until the next league. I have a Romira's and Voll's amulet sitting around too so I'm trying to work that in, as well as Discharge as someone on page 2 suggested, but it's still not feeling very good at all and hardly ever procs :P

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/cloudy2teen/characters (character is Zaknablen)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info