HiltLess CWDT Berserker Build. I Hurt Myself today.. To proc my CWDT...

Hello, good evening.

I would like to ask what do you think about going Blood Magic in the passive tree. Thanks.
Correct me if I missed if this has already been posted. But one option to maintain life is to follow the ascendancy pattern of mjolner discharger marauders, but do it with CWDT. This does take the Scold's Bridle, but set up a lower level CWDT that will proc each time the skill is used, link a lower level discharge, warlord's curse and IC, if you want, to it. Use a Kingsguard. With the Juggernaut ascendancy that gives a chance to gain an EC on hit, and the final node that gives max EC's when one is gained. If you were so inclined, you could add the Romira's and Voll's Devotion combo to decrease the need for Warlord's curse/luck for endurance charges. However, that might end up making it more of a discharger build.
"
Remedio wrote:
Hello, good evening.

I would like to ask what do you think about going Blood Magic in the passive tree. Thanks.

The sword already gives bloodmagic and you have slots on a 4l to add bm gem to leap slam, unless you choose to ignore hiltless and go with just scolds, i wouldn't recomed it.

"
neokami wrote:
Correct me if I missed if this has already been posted. But one option to maintain life is to follow the ascendancy pattern of mjolner discharger marauders, but do it with CWDT. This does take the Scold's Bridle, but set up a lower level CWDT that will proc each time the skill is used, link a lower level discharge, warlord's curse and IC, if you want, to it. Use a Kingsguard. With the Juggernaut ascendancy that gives a chance to gain an EC on hit, and the final node that gives max EC's when one is gained. If you were so inclined, you could add the Romira's and Voll's Devotion combo to decrease the need for Warlord's curse/luck for endurance charges. However, that might end up making it more of a discharger build.

the damage you deal to yourself with scold is already enough to almost trigger instantly your cwdt settups, running lower level cwdt is not worth it in terms of dps i already tested it, IC would be next level useless since it would make you unable to keep triggering the cwdts, vool devotion is expensive as fuck and if you want to go that route you will have trouble maxing ressitances and will have less survival overall, for that just go mjolner or fakener with shield charge. with my settup discharge only lead to less AOE ergo less clearspeed and maybe a bit more of single target damage, and the tradeoff is tons of survivability
When You die on Softcore, you lose experience.
When you die on Hardcore, you gain experience.
Hey, after playing for a while with this build, I wanted to say my 2 cents about it and some ways that I took...

Indeed the blood magic idea wasn't so good. I was looking for it because of the life nodes after, but the ratio between the scold's damage and your life is a thin line.

Anyway, some points:

1 - You went with Poachers (on blasphemy), hatred and ash. I went with hatred + anger.
With hatred and anger, you get 100% reseved mana, but now I don't need the 3 points in tree to get less reservation. With those points, and one more, I got Eldrith Battery.

2 - Eldrith Battery, you may have noticed that when you start your cyclone, the first cast is to get the ES out, and the second is the one that triggers the 100% life leech. Now every cast triggers it. It is much more safe, some times I started a long cyclone and didn't leech anything.
With it I also don't need blood magic gem on leap slam, leaving one more slot for gems.

3 - Instead of going blasphemy + poachers mark, I went with level 7 CWDT + level 10 Poachers Mark. The level 7 is because is the enough damage that every cyclone will trigger. This way every mob is always cursed with it and I don't need 35% reserved mana - allowing me to use Anger which improves all spell and attack damage.

4 - Also, on bosses, instead of poachers mark, i use a level 10/20 Enfeeble on the cwdt, because it will give -25% damage of that boss, and, instead of reducing the scold's damage on you, it only reduces the monsters damage, which continues to also triggers the 100% leech, but reducing bosses damage by 25% (the fortify idea is good, but reduces scold's damage, and that is dangerous, because doesn't trigger anymore the 100% leech).

5 - I'm currently in the limiar of life with 6.7k with 2 Fevered Mind jewels, anymore life would need a 3rd jewel (but that third jewel would allow me to go over 8.4k life - but since I don't have enough items to reach that, I'm sticking with 2 jewels and increasing my damage instead).

Anyway, your idea was very nice, I'm loving this. Much more fun to see everything blows, many different casts on cyclone, and quick life leech all the time!
I'm just wondering if it's possible to do it without VP...

I'm planning to use LGoH only to "leech" back the reflect damage.
Trail and Lab is a fking pain to Berserker with 0 armor and VP OMG I can't play this build no longer
"
insobyr wrote:
I'm just wondering if it's possible to do it without VP...

I'm planning to use LGoH only to "leech" back the reflect damage.

its not possible, cloaked in savagery would be not effective without VP

"
insobyr wrote:
Trail and Lab is a fking pain to Berserker with 0 armor and VP OMG I can't play this build no longer

I get where you are coming from but it only takes getting used to it. For runs you should remember your totem can break pestering traps on worst case scenario, also if you want to facerroll the traps on the trials/lab just run more life potions and most of your problems will be solved, i personally run 4 life pots for lab, 2 instant ones 2 long duration ones, that way i'm never afraid of running out of charges.
When You die on Softcore, you lose experience.
When you die on Hardcore, you gain experience.
Nice build ! I'm only 60ish now but with the sword, around 3,5k life and the whole setup I'm steamrolling merciless difficulty without any problems :D I leveled to level 60 with Sunder linked to Multistrike, Faster Attacks and Melee Phys Dmg and it was pretty fast and good (although a bit slow on bosses, but ancestral protector helps a bit) and damn fun!

I had some questions about the skill tree : what's the priority when advancing through it ? Early game I think going for the damage nodes (Born to Fight, Art of the Gladiator) is good since you don't need life that much, and after that I go to Vaal Pact and the Shadow's square (with Trickery, Coordination, etc..), picking jewels and some life along the way. But after that, apart from the aura nodes, I don't really know if it's better to capitalize on life nodes only, or going after the Chaos damage node pack (Force Shaper), or the AoE Radius pack (Blast Radius) ?

"
Remedio wrote:
1 - You went with Poachers (on blasphemy), hatred and ash. I went with hatred + anger.
With hatred and anger, you get 100% reseved mana, but now I don't need the 3 points in tree to get less reservation. With those points, and one more, I got Eldrith Battery.

2 - Eldrith Battery, you may have noticed that when you start your cyclone, the first cast is to get the ES out, and the second is the one that triggers the 100% life leech. Now every cast triggers it. It is much more safe, some times I started a long cyclone and didn't leech anything.
With it I also don't need blood magic gem on leap slam, leaving one more slot for gems.

I find the idea interesting ! What about going Herald of Ash AND Heral of Ice instead of just Anger, in the case you have a 6S 5L and have one free slot ? Didn't do the math but it seems to be that the % of the Heral of ash is more interesting that the flat from anger, but I may be wrong.

EDIT : I was wondering if it is easy to get a magical math formula to calculate how much damage you do to yourself with hiltless, and therefore how much Life you need to have in order to have 100% uptime for cloak of savagery, taking as inputs your armor, evasion, damage, etc... We could maybe do the same for the maximum level of the Poacher's CWDT of Remedio. What do you think ?
I will try to do some maths, if I'm not too rusty with numbers :3
Last edited by KingKazma on Aug 17, 2016, 10:07:53 AM
I have a level 92 pathfinder, very good at flasks, can be done? I have the sword and 6_link cascass jack.
My main concern it's life leech ratio and DPS, i tested in 10 dired lake runs and didn't die, but DPS it's kinda low, only using the 6L and Cyclone in 4L, no curse no other CwDT, just for test.

Anyway leveling a Marauder just take 2-3 days...
Thanks for the build
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
Still waiting for patch notes but I'm considering this build for the upcoming league. Changed the tree slightly and made a poison variant. Would love to hear what you think about it.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAAHcsNhaGsMzdf3UQoRv5FHDOo_6TePyRf4K_o864aZXNZIxnti9sKsFLXTteu85DgmWl3k9_IzP9khh4lVLJpWly2KsnapsjFWFZU1Hfr02Xz_KSm-exti4R31bvqeE2UMxXfKYVyQ3-F8W6eoQvwghkF_QhO9RTCo4aoz1b8gUPycqTYdqqZSQbKkn1blUvVxAFe2Wi-tjES8rCktX8bPA41hjD6vawYMJNj2ExZu1X7CsR7XybqoWv3fjUEcUIO8OpDki4kfieA3AGm87lS5JUfDVBx61SKluJIvBBA5IEZZ5aErIotmK8MSC6UYAAAAAAAA=

5 link: Cyclone-FA-Melee Phys Dmg-Poison-Inc Aoe (Conc for harder bosses)
5 link: CWDT-Bladefall-Contr Dest-Poison-Inc Aoe (Conc for harder bosses, possibly also controlled for BV for more deeps)
4 link: CWDT-EK-Pierce-Poison
4 link: CWDT-Vulnerability and auras, not sure which yet
Rest is utility like leap slam etc.

Items: Hiltless, Belly for most hp and rest probably rares with as much hp as possible, res and rest into accuracy I guess
Also Doedre's Elixir to proc leech and Atziri's Promise
Last edited by macexor on Aug 27, 2016, 6:50:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info