HiltLess CWDT Berserker Build. I Hurt Myself today.. To proc my CWDT...

Thanks for the update! I'm 78 on harb league atm and it's crazy fun :D

I'm approaching the Elemental Overload keystone, following the elem tree (except some minor modifications), but I'm a bit confused on which gem setups to use, knowing I'm using a 4L Cyclone with the Leap Slam on the Sword, so I have place for a third CWDT setup.

Just got my 5L Carcass Jack, but wondered if it's better to put the physical or an elemental CWDT setup on it... and with which supports?

Also, what do you think of the new End Game Legendary head The Tempest Binding (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Tempest%27s_Binding)? Sounds rad on this build :D
Hey guys,

So I've been trying to make up with the Scold's Bridle nerf by adding 3-4 more Fevered Mind jewels, however even though health cost is greater than 15% of my HP, savage hit is NOT proccing. I assume that this is because the game code was changed to not consider self-inflicted damage as a "hit". Can anyone else confirm this? Just trying to get this shit to work since I randomly 6 linked a hiltless...

Thanks,
"
Baryboo wrote:
Hey guys,

So I've been trying to make up with the Scold's Bridle nerf by adding 3-4 more Fevered Mind jewels, however even though health cost is greater than 15% of my HP, savage hit is NOT proccing. I assume that this is because the game code was changed to not consider self-inflicted damage as a "hit". Can anyone else confirm this? Just trying to get this shit to work since I randomly 6 linked a hiltless...

Thanks,

Hiltless is reflected damage so doesnt count as a hit.
Scold is secondary damage so it counts as a hit. If you have some armor, flat physical reduction or fortify, it will reduce your self damage.
Hey guys, i was going to revamp the build for 3.2 since my upcoming unique is going to be released this patch and may help the build a little bit :), but sadly with the new ascendancy changes, zerker got hit hard, we lost 25% Attack speed when hit recently, 15% ms out of combat, 1-3% of spell leech (biggest nerf) and the rage thing they added barely adds anything for the build and the life loss is a huge drawback annoying as fuck so we are kinda out of options outside the warcry node witch can be handy but i still have my doubts.

Because of that i'm thinking of going for a different ascendancy, still considering it, slayer would be rock solid if it didn't had cannot take reflected physical damage, same thing happening on scion's slayer one, right now im still considering it but i think it may end up being Deadeye, however if after testing Deadeye i see that the build cant work without VaalPact + Cloaked in savagery i will re-roll back to zerker.

TLDR: Zerker ascendancy got shafted for spellcasters, build post discontinued until i figure out if there are better ascendancy than Zerker for it on 3.2, expect new guide for Deadeye or Revamp of this one a week or two after 3.2 hits live.
When You die on Softcore, you lose experience.
When you die on Hardcore, you gain experience.
Hi John.

Seeing as this post hasn't been updated since 3.2 hit, and you didn't post a deadeye build, should we assume the worst, that the hiltless cwdt build is beyond salvation ?

That would really be sad, the build was so much fun.

Have a nice game.
"
Atori wrote:
Hi John.

Seeing as this post hasn't been updated since 3.2 hit, and you didn't post a deadeye build, should we assume the worst, that the hiltless cwdt build is beyond salvation ?

That would really be sad, the build was so much fun.

Have a nice game.

Honestly i have been really bussy IRL with work stuff, the Deadeye is at lvl 90 with decent clearspeed but lackluster single target while having lower survival than the old vaal pact zerker. so i was waiting for the unique belt i designed to be introduced into the game.

It was going to be introduced in 3.2 but 2d art needed more time so it got delayed and planned to be introduced a couple of weeks into the league, the unique is already finished and ready to launch but since GGG had lots of stuff to fix with bestiary league, the patch with my belt on it got delayed over and over, hopefully it will be introduced in a week or so, after that i will test my build further and release the updated guide.
The new belt looks amazing, looking forward to your updated guide! Probably one of the most fun build I've played :D
So I wanna do this shit with the new belt.

What is the most promising ascendancy now?

- Slayer (Leech not removed on Full life, 100% increased leech, AoE, stun immunity)
- Raider (Movement Speed, stack Evade+Dodge)
- Deadeye (Tailwind, Life Gain on Hit, Accuracy or even 50% AoE)
- Berserker (Aspect of the Carnage is nuts, the rest is almost worthless)

Probably leaning towards Slayer or Deadeye.

We probably have to use Vaal Pact and Boots Enchant for Spell Leech regardless? Then it shouldn't be hard to hit the leech cap.

Any way to view the old skill tree?

Edit: Just tested a bit with PoB and the attack speed and accuracy we get from Deadeye is actually really nice. With Cyclone we should be able to a max tailwind effect often. After all we want to stack attack speed and accuracy to proc more often, not?
Last edited by VisorX on Apr 10, 2018, 6:50:24 PM
"
VisorX wrote:
So I wanna do this shit with the new belt.

What is the most promising ascendancy now?

- Slayer (Leech not removed on Full life, 100% increased leech, AoE, stun immunity)
- Raider (Movement Speed, stack Evade+Dodge)
- Deadeye (Tailwind, Life Gain on Hit, Accuracy or even 50% AoE)
- Berserker (Aspect of the Carnage is nuts, the rest is almost worthless)

Probably leaning towards Slayer or Deadeye.

We probably have to use Vaal Pact and Boots Enchant for Spell Leech regardless? Then it shouldn't be hard to hit the leech cap.

Any way to view the old skill tree?

Edit: Just tested a bit with PoB and the attack speed and accuracy we get from Deadeye is actually really nice. With Cyclone we should be able to a max tailwind effect often. After all we want to stack attack speed and accuracy to proc more often, not?

slayer is outed, cannot take phys reflect dmg

Deadeye is best for clearspeed but you end up in need to skip some bosses or fights get pretty sketchy.

Berserker cloaked in savagery still works wonders investing on maximum leech rate on the tree but there are not enough phys spells to back it up and going with ele spells here is not ideal, this may change in the future if they implement new spells.

Jugg can run discharge on the setup to cover for lower dps elsewhere and you are much more tanky on boss fights if needed, however it still has problems to gain back life once you get hit hard, even if you are able to survive big hits you have no reliant ways to fill your life back up again after your flask charges are empty.

I have tested all of them but they are all runner ups, if you just plan to reach lvl 100 you can go Deadeye and grind maps with doable bosses and decent layouts, but i want the build to be able to clear all content PoE has to offer so i'm building a version that can do so, its still a WIP but i found some cool interactions with pathfinder.

Sadly i had less than half of my usual playtime on new leagues because of my job is getting busy nowadays, so it will take more than expected to release a guide for the Pathfinder version, i want to have it at lvl 95 or so before making anything just so i can speak with confidence about the new version and can demonstrate that it can clear endgame. Hopefully it will take me less than 2 weeks to release.
Last edited by JohnOldman on Apr 10, 2018, 7:28:36 PM
Thanks for the response! Obviously you would not take Headsman with Slayer, the other Ascendancies might still be worth it.

I wanna run this build mainly for fun, I don't really have anymore league goals. It should just be a good all around experience. I don't need to kill shaper with it, but mapping should be smooth and I don't wanna skip bosses or get too many sketchy situations.

What is the big advantage of Pathfinder? I could only see having Perma Flask up with Nature's Boon.

But if it's between Deadeye and Pathfinder, I could always respec between those 2 ascendancies.

If you don't have time to write a guide soon, would you mind linking a PoB or setting your character to public?

I already have some other ideas for the build:
- Running Cyclone as 4L in insanity gloves for more attack speed, if the main damage comes from procs, you could setup another 6L CwDT then. Don't know if thats too crazy.
It would also help our life sustain if we can run Cyclone of mana and not with Blood magic.
- Going Evasion+Dodge for survivability, cause we take all phys hits. Maybe go Acrobatics and Vaal Grace on top Jade Flask.
- Running QoTF would also make sense then.
- Elder Ring with Life Gained on Hit. Could even do Mark of the Shaper on second ring for deeps, since its difficult for us to gain spell damage. But maybe its impossible to cap resists then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info