HiltLess CWDT Berserker Build. I Hurt Myself today.. To proc my CWDT...

Been leveling for this for last few days. Switch over at level 60 in merc dried lake. Forgot to take vaal pact so had a few deaths that should not have happened. Manged to grab a merc and uber carry and the build really started to shine. Add in the helmet with more Ele and things start to cook. Enjoying it so far, not to sure how aoe nerfs effect anything. In practice build feels fine, I went through threshold jewels looking for some inspiration for the extra CWDT setup. Decided to chuck in the EK nova jewel till I found a jewel I wanted to throw down on, really enjoying it. 15% to physical seems great, nova is very useful, turns EK in a much better spell for this given how much your surrounded. I'm not sure if blade vortex with inc duration would be better over ball lightning but I figured the chance at a shock was better.

I am curious if the Ele version would get some weight out of running fire ball/frostbolt/freeze pulse with some of the threshhold jewels. I might spec over to it once I am level up more.

gear
sick.
"
johnnybspes wrote:
sick.

absolutely, my favorite cwdt build so far.

Been running it on ele version, and can't imagine the 6l physical being better. tooltip dps for cyclone is already at 65k buffed and when the spellgems trigger it annihilates the complete trash pack in t12 maps. I run EE and took the idea from https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1429589/page/1

what do you think about running herald of thunder & fire instead of hatred for the ele version?

gear:

"
psychokind wrote:
"
johnnybspes wrote:
sick.

absolutely, my favorite cwdt build so far.

Been running it on ele version, and can't imagine the 6l physical being better. tooltip dps for cyclone is already at 65k buffed and when the spellgems trigger it annihilates the complete trash pack in t12 maps. I run EE and took the idea from https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1429589/page/1

what do you think about running herald of thunder & fire instead of hatred for the ele version?

gear:

Hey there, may I ask how EE working for you? Do you ever run into situations where a boss or a pack lands the first hit on you and proc your CWDT spells and gets all the resists? or when it's an extended fight, at some point EE will refresh and the boss will get hit buy one of the spells before getting hit by cyclone?

also what path did you take on the tree to get EE it looks like I have to waste quite a few dead points to get there.

thanks

edit: something like this maybe?
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEAAAHcBAcI9A-rES8UIBa_HNwfAiLqIvQkiyaVKPoqODGeMgE1kjY9NsU6WDrhPV89_EGHRZ1HfkmxS1dMs03jUEJQR1JTUzVTUlVLVYVVxlZIWGNfP1-wYeJh62KsZU1qQ2wLbIxtGW1sbztvnnfjeA15aHpTe4x_xoLHgwmD24TFhNmHaow2jM-PGpMnl5WX9JitmuCbtZ2qoS-ly6ZXpwipbqmUshm1SLXytz64k7zqvTa-ir6nwBrAVMDjwQTDOsbYykrPetAf18_YJNi95FHrY-vu7w7viO_r8bPyRfZI-Tf56P4K_o8=
Last edited by golan4840 on Apr 2, 2017, 4:16:58 PM
"
golan4840 wrote:

Hey there, may I ask how EE working for you? Do you ever run into situations where a boss or a pack lands the first hit on you and proc your CWDT spells and gets all the resists? or when it's an extended fight, at some point EE will refresh and the boss will get hit buy one of the spells before getting hit by cyclone?

Hi there, CWDT with EE works fine as long as you set your gems on te right order, although they all look like triggering at the same time its not the case, the all go to a queue and are released on different frames, cwdt follows this link order, following the links from top left forwards.

Example: Fireball > CWDT > Vortex > Elemental focus > Shock nova.

FB_________CWDT
.....................|
.....................|
.....................|
EleF_______Vortex
...|..................
...|..................
...|..................
SNova.............

The support gems are ignored so Fireball goes first triggering +F -C -L EE, then Vortex comes and after getting the previous bonus changes EE to -F +C -L then Shock nova swaps EE again to -F -C +L

Note that if your cyclone hit with any kind of elemental damage it can sometimes override this.

When multiple CWDT trigger at the same time the head slot have priority on the queue, then either weapon or chest, i cant remember but we don't use any on the chest so its ok, then gloves then boots.

In short, try to put the weakest or the ones that can leave dots first then always alternate elements and don't use heralds. if your last on your helm is vortex then dont put something like icenova first on your chest and so on...
When You die on Softcore, you lose experience.
When you die on Hardcore, you gain experience.
Last edited by JohnOldman on Apr 3, 2017, 3:53:02 PM
Thanks for the reply, I was lucky enough to get Hiltless on my SSF char

I immediately started looking for possible build for this item and came across this thread, it looks great thank you for the guide :)

Seems like EE can be kinda tricky and hard to manage, you think its worth the investment? If so what do you think of my version f the elemental tree?
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEAAAHcBAcI9A-rES8UIBa_HNwfAiLqIvQkiyaVKPoqODGeMgE1kjY9NsU6WDrhPV89_EGHRZ1HfkmxS1dMs03jUEJQR1JTUzVTUlVLVYVVxlZIWGNfP1-wYeJh62KsZU1qQ2wLbIxtGW1sbztvnnfjeA15aHpTe4x_xoLHgwmD24TFhNmHaow2jM-PGpMnl5WX9JitmuCbtZ2qoS-ly6ZXpwipbqmUshm1SLXytz64k7zqvTa-ir6nwBrAVMDjwQTDOsbYykrPetAf18_YJNi95FHrY-vu7w7viO_r8bPyRfZI-Tf56P4K_o8=

also what do you recommend as a 3rd CWDT setup? I was thinking maybe Fire Ball + Arctic Breath + GMP

"
golan4840 wrote:
Thanks for the reply, I was lucky enough to get Hiltless on my SSF char

I immediately started looking for possible build for this item and came across this thread, it looks great thank you for the guide :)

Seems like EE can be kinda tricky and hard to manage, you think its worth the investment? If so what do you think of my version f the elemental tree?
Spoiler

also what do you recommend as a 3rd CWDT setup? I was thinking maybe Fire Ball + Arctic Breath + GMP

Cant check links on this device, but i linked my go to ele version for 2.6 one or two pages ago, for SSF definetly since its unlikely to have double 6L at all, imo phys ver is better with double 6L and better gear, otherwise i would go Ele version, this may change if they implement new trigger-able spells.

For extra cwdt, u can use FB and AB but dont put GMP on it and use controlled desc instead, you don't need more AoE investment but more singe target at that point
Last edited by JohnOldman on Apr 3, 2017, 4:00:20 PM
I finally made the switch to the build and Im having a massive leech issue, Im not sure why but everytime I run into a pack I almost 1 shot myself. I even took cloak in savagery trying to counter that but it actually does not proc nearly as much as I would hope for it to.

I'll link all my things I hope someone can tell me what my problem is, what am I missing here?

Gear:
Spoiler

Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAAHcBAcI9A-rES8UIBa_FukfAiLiIuoi9CQ3JIsmlSo4Kk0yATWSNj02xT1fPfw_J0d-R-JKyEyzUEJQR1FMUlNTNVVLVYVVxlhjXz9fsF_QYeJirGVNakNsC2yMbRltbG6qbztvnnfjeA15aHuMfVuDCYPbhMWE2YdqjDaMz5Mnl5WX9JhXm7WdqqEvpDmly6luqZSsR7IZtUi18r02voq-p78IwBrAVMEEwzrG2MpKz3rYveRR62PvDvZI-F8=?accountName=golan4840&characterName=WarMachineSSF

Last edited by golan4840 on Apr 8, 2017, 5:23:17 PM
"
golan4840 wrote:
I finally made the switch to the build and Im having a massive leech issue, Im not sure why but everytime I run into a pack I almost 1 shot myself. I even took cloak in savagery trying to counter that but it actually does not proc nearly as much as I would hope for it to.

I'll link all my things I hope someone can tell me what my problem is, what am I missing here?

Gear:
Spoiler

Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAAHcBAcI9A-rES8UIBa_FukfAiLiIuoi9CQ3JIsmlSo4Kk0yATWSNj02xT1fPfw_J0d-R-JKyEyzUEJQR1FMUlNTNVVLVYVVxlhjXz9fsF_QYeJirGVNakNsC2yMbRltbG6qbztvnnfjeA15aHuMfVuDCYPbhMWE2YdqjDaMz5Mnl5WX9JhXm7WdqqEvpDmly6luqZSsR7IZtUi18r02voq-p78IwBrAVMEEwzrG2MpKz3rYveRR62PvDvZI-F8=?accountName=golan4840&characterName=WarMachineSSF

I swapped Inc AOE on Cyclone for Fortify, and also swapped Silver flask with Basalt flask, and things are considerably better. My clear speed took of a bit of a hit but at least I can actually play the character. Hopefully when I get more damage the leech will naturally get to where it suppose to be

Edit: actually when I think about it, it makes sense. The damage you inflict upon yourself remains constant throughout your progression, while the damage you deal, and therefore leech, is increased immensely, therefore solving the problem later on. Am I correct?
Last edited by golan4840 on Apr 8, 2017, 5:23:31 PM
"
golan4840 wrote:

I swapped Inc AOE on Cyclone for Fortify, and also swapped Silver flask with Basalt flask, and things are considerably better. My clear speed took of a bit of a hit but at least I can actually play the character. Hopefully when I get more damage the leech will naturally get to where it suppose to be

Edit: actually when I think about it, it makes sense. The damage you inflict upon yourself remains constant throughout your progression, while the damage you deal, and therefore leech, is increased immensely, therefore solving the problem later on. Am I correct?

Yes the better the gear the less leech problems, also your poacher's mark is lvl 12, once it gets to lvl 18-20 you will heavily notice it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info