HiltLess CWDT Berserker Build. I Hurt Myself today.. To proc my CWDT...

What you think about molten strike as the multi hit generator? Hiltless reflection will apply for every projectile hit? And what about utility like Vaal Molten Shell for bosses?
"
What you think about molten strike as the multi hit generator? Hiltless reflection will apply for every projectile hit? And what about utility like Vaal Molten Shell for bosses?

Molten strike is better for single target but wrose for multi target compared to cyclone, i discarded it long time ago because clearspeed is better with cyclone and it wasn't worth swapping for nearly any boss(you need different colors, so another sword is needed), but to things like Shaper & guardians it may be much better, i was planing on releasing a variant focusing only on single target burst, dropping carcass jack and using single target spells instead of AoE Ones, it needs a bit of polish so i may take a bit to show it, but as sneak peek hiltless links are: Molten Strike > Multistrike > GMP > Faster Attacks > ConCEffect > LMP

VMS helps you kill only things that you already kill, albeit faster, it takes a 4L making your cleaspeed much slower overall. on shaper for example it wouldn't do much, but maybe for Minotaur, Hydra, and Phoenix may save you some time, but if IRC it wouldn't proc as madly as scold's + flameblast or Abberath's Hooves.

In case you guys want to use vms, run vaal cares on your inventory with: VMS ConCEffect EleFocus Firepen, if you feel like its worth invest on the 3 increased duration nodes we have at range

load VMS on the less harmful red socked u can afford to waste, once its full of souls put it back again on the gloves, then when you are about to enter the arena of the boss swap your gloves for the vaal cares, once duration its over if the boss is still alive you should swap back gloves, if its to risky to do it in combat waste a portal if possible, can be pretty tedious :(.

Edit:

Tested molten strike again with;

- Molten Strike > Multistrike > GMP > Faster Attacks > ConCEffect > LMP

Also;

- Molten Strike > Multistrike > GMP > Faster Attacks > Physical To lighting > Weapon Elemental

And at last;

- Molten Strike > Multistrike > Melee Phys > Faster Attacks > Physical To lighting > Weapon Elemental

None of them gave enough dps increase to justify using Molten strike over Cyclone, yes you may be a bit faster (around 10% faster killing guardians without defense mods). but you are much more at risk.
Damage takes a small time to windup and mobile bosses like Chimera, Hydra or Chayula dash out of your balls and you need time to re-position and start again, while on windups you are leeching only from your cwdt setups, with cyclone you follow them much faster and get instant leech without downtimes.

When You die on Softcore, you lose experience.
When you die on Hardcore, you gain experience.
Last edited by JohnOldman on Jan 10, 2017, 8:54:08 PM
"
wow i really like what you did of having leap slam on sword with 4l & 2l, Leap gets free bm and u can have another 4L cwdt settup, pretty clever.

Noticed this and been thinking about how best to use those extra links...

I've been using the build a couple of weeks, mainly still leveling due IRL, and was wondering how I could make CWDT proc more often (without a Scolds). Then, a wild meme build post appearing on Reddit and I wondered if the core idea could be modified a little and used to help this build.

The build that was shown used CWDT, Summon Skeletons and Heartbound Loop (350 dmg to you when a minion dies) to proc a CWDT Molton Shell. It used 5 Army of Bones gems to increases the number of skeletons, and reduced their duration so when they expire you take 350.

I wasn't sure about using 5 gem slots to get more procs as that gives up a lot of damage and life. My idea instead was to leave Summon Skeletons at level 8 so we can only have 4 skeletons max. We do this because summoning more than 4 skeletons causes the first two to die and you take 700 dmg. If we use a low level CWDT we can proc more skeletons fairly often - probably around level 7 as any lower and we'd hit the 250 ms cooldown - this would need testing.

The extra damage would cause more procs or our main CWDT setups and I wondered if this means we could also use a level 20 CWDT gem instead of 19.

We still have another 2 sockets free to add more spells - I was thinking Essence Drain and Contagion for the aoe life drain, but the low CWDT level would mean low damage from these spells. Or we use 4 sockets, two linked for Leap Slam and Faster Attacks, and two linked for CWDT + Summon Skeletons and still have a 6 link Cyclone.

Interested to know what you think.
"
Balore wrote:
"
wow i really like what you did of having leap slam on sword with 4l & 2l, Leap gets free bm and u can have another 4L cwdt settup, pretty clever.

Noticed this and been thinking about how best to use those extra links...

I've been using the build a couple of weeks, mainly still leveling due IRL, and was wondering how I could make CWDT proc more often (without a Scolds). Then, a wild meme build post appearing on Reddit and I wondered if the core idea could be modified a little and used to help this build.

The build that was shown used CWDT, Summon Skeletons and Heartbound Loop (350 dmg to you when a minion dies) to proc a CWDT Molton Shell. It used 5 Army of Bones gems to increases the number of skeletons, and reduced their duration so when they expire you take 350.

I wasn't sure about using 5 gem slots to get more procs as that gives up a lot of damage and life. My idea instead was to leave Summon Skeletons at level 8 so we can only have 4 skeletons max. We do this because summoning more than 4 skeletons causes the first two to die and you take 700 dmg. If we use a low level CWDT we can proc more skeletons fairly often - probably around level 7 as any lower and we'd hit the 250 ms cooldown - this would need testing.

The extra damage would cause more procs or our main CWDT setups and I wondered if this means we could also use a level 20 CWDT gem instead of 19.

We still have another 2 sockets free to add more spells - I was thinking Essence Drain and Contagion for the aoe life drain, but the low CWDT level would mean low damage from these spells. Or we use 4 sockets, two linked for Leap Slam and Faster Attacks, and two linked for CWDT + Summon Skeletons and still have a 6 link Cyclone.

Interested to know what you think.

you lose tons of dps/life on gem slots
you lose life and ress hard to get elsewhere if you use the ring
you only win little to none clearspeed, iirc skeletons need to die or their duration be over for it to proc, cwdt on them will just overlap the summons and not deal dmg, so you would need to selfcast them and while doing so you aren't cycloning and have one less 4L.

If you want more procs go scold + fevered minds that also give perma Cloaked in Savagery.
"

you lose tons of dps/life on gem slots

Yeah, that's why I suggested using level 8 Skeletons so you don't need the Army of Bones jewels. The jewels are used to make Skeletons expire sooner because of the % reduced duration, whereas my idea was to cast more often (limited to 4 skeles because of lvl8 gem) so the originals were overwritten on the next cast (which still works as minion death).

"

you lose life and ress hard to get elsewhere if you use the ring

Yeah, good point.

"

you only win little to none clearspeed, iirc skeletons need to die or their duration be over for it to proc, cwdt on them will just overlap the summons and not deal dmg, so you would need to selfcast them and while doing so you aren't cycloning and have one less 4L.

Overlap DOES work, tested using selfcasting in H/O. With the right level of CWDT gem we can take the extra damage, and delay proccing Skeletons again within the 250ms cooldown. You also do not need to self cast.

"

If you want more procs go scold + fevered minds that also give perma Cloaked in Savagery.

Didn't really want to go down the Scolds route, but I guess I can try it. If the main reason for Scolds is perma Cloaked in Savagery, you could instead get a helm with the +2 Skeletons Summoned enchant. This would give you 4 Skeleton overlaps and you would take 1400 damage every time the CWDT gem procs - triggering Cloaked in Savagery as it more than 15% of 7-8k life. You then don't need the fevered mind jewels, so you keep the life and damage jewels.
Respecced into Cloaked and bought helm to test. The damage does not proc Cloaked but does proc CWDT gems. Seems the damage is dealt as 4 instances of 350 instead of a single 1400 hit. If only there was a combat log I could have saved myself a couple of hours and many chaos.

Anyway, love your build and just wanted to add my own idea to get your thoughts. Hope this makes it a bit clearer!
Last edited by Balore on Jan 18, 2017, 4:02:18 AM
I notice that you dont take resolute technique in the skill tree

Hows your accuracy on cyclone?
"
geezlers wrote:
I notice that you dont take resolute technique in the skill tree

Hows your accuracy on cyclone?

83% at lvl 93 but thats for mobs the same level as me and before poachers marks gets into consideration.

Poachers grant cursed enemies have 50% LESS Evasion, if i'm not missing something that should be 95% hit chance on T16 maps
Last edited by JohnOldman on Jan 23, 2017, 3:35:23 PM
Well i took this build embraced it and went into full depth with it.Farmed all guardians min maxed it etc.But.Apparently it has a big flaw.Youre making this build so much dependant on physical/weapon elemental damage.While i was testing and farming with this build it seemed a bit off tbh.So i tried a diferent aproach .The more spell caster like.On hiltless used fortify, lifegained/hit instead of the casual reg gems and replaced cocn effect with powercharge on critical.Also i dropped the hatred for heralds since they apear to increse the spells damage so so much.Also to take advantage of the extra crit chance i also used elemental overload and droped the frenzy/chaos damage nods.So far ive almost tripled(doubled for sure) the damage output of the build.Using 3 fevered atm to be able to be cloaked at all times + using the minimum required hp/mana cost through bloodmagic.Blasphemy + enfeblee seem to keep me alive from all those ripy huge damage mods plus a basalt flask + fortify from gems seem to keep me alive as well( an interesting interaction i noticed is that taking physical damage reduction from fortify+basalt doesnt seem to affect the damage i take from the scold's.Im not 1000% sure cause there are so many variables that cant be easily avoided but testing it on h/o just with the flasks gave me these results).
For sure this build is budget and as well way way way more cost/efficient than any other meta build ive tried.But imo basing at all in phys/elemental damage is only a waste of curency investment.None the less my profile is unlocked and except from some minor changed to some jewels and amulet , all the rest are as they should be configured to farm any guardian and some prety rippy maps/mods.Also 6l chest with the instanity enchant for onslaught is imo mandatory for t14-15 maps and guardians.Havent tried shaper yet since, you know, lag and dodging are not so good together :P
Feel free to check and rate my setup,with minor changes it almost feels like the damage output is way stronger than before>just take not that i havent changed respected all of my jewels.rings/amulet yet to this build path yet, but you can easily get the idea
My mirror thread : view-thread/2024779
#4_tab_crafter
"
johnywalker92 wrote:
Well i took this build embraced it and went into full depth with it.Farmed all guardians min maxed it etc.But.Apparently it has a big flaw.Youre making this build so much dependant on physical/weapon elemental damage.While i was testing and farming with this build it seemed a bit off tbh.So i tried a diferent aproach .The more spell caster like.On hiltless used fortify, lifegained/hit instead of the casual reg gems and replaced cocn effect with powercharge on critical.Also i dropped the hatred for heralds since they apear to increse the spells damage so so much.Also to take advantage of the extra crit chance i also used elemental overload and droped the frenzy/chaos damage nods.So far ive almost tripled(doubled for sure) the damage output of the build.Using 3 fevered atm to be able to be cloaked at all times + using the minimum required hp/mana cost through bloodmagic.Blasphemy + enfeblee seem to keep me alive from all those ripy huge damage mods plus a basalt flask + fortify from gems seem to keep me alive as well( an interesting interaction i noticed is that taking physical damage reduction from fortify+basalt doesnt seem to affect the damage i take from the scold's.Im not 1000% sure cause there are so many variables that cant be easily avoided but testing it on h/o just with the flasks gave me these results).
For sure this build is budget and as well way way way more cost/efficient than any other meta build ive tried.But imo basing at all in phys/elemental damage is only a waste of curency investment.None the less my profile is unlocked and except from some minor changed to some jewels and amulet , all the rest are as they should be configured to farm any guardian and some prety rippy maps/mods.Also 6l chest with the instanity enchant for onslaught is imo mandatory for t14-15 maps and guardians.Havent tried shaper yet since, you know, lag and dodging are not so good together :P
Feel free to check and rate my setup,with minor changes it almost feels like the damage output is way stronger than before>just take not that i havent changed respected all of my jewels.rings/amulet yet to this build path yet, but you can easily get the idea

Well you are using the scold's variant of course your damage output is much higher, the thing is you lost tons of EHP in order to achieve that and its more risky gameplay, imo vanilla build have enough dps already, you only need a dps increase for guardians/shaper only and you can still facetank everything but Shaper, yes with scolds it takes 1 or 2 minute less for each guardian kill but for the rest of the content it shouldn't be that much difference on clearspeed, oneshots like volatile and such are the only thing that can kill you either way and vanilla build have more chances to survive them, thats why i only recommend scold's as a variant, if you want to go for lvl 100 i think without scolds is the safer bet.

As for going full elemental reliant i didn't go there this league because its only better if you have the free triggers that scolds gives, trust me i tested many versions while killing 40 guardians and i firmly believe that for anything else that isn't shaper the hybrid phys/ele build works best.

However, this may change on future patches if they implement new spells that can be triggered, this league we only got channeling shit :(

as for hatred vs heralds if you go full ele anger is better than heralds imo, hatred is still beter for the hybrid because BF EK an GCascade + cyclone dps, if spell setups change this may differ on later iterations.

If you have the moneys add Skyforth and chime in blaspemy + anger + HoL. HoI gives too much lag
Reaching the end of merciless and the build is really fun...but I can't seem to get enough leech to keep myself topped off, and it makes boss fights a massive pain and can make things like Breaches really sketchy for me atm.

I may need to try and get a bit more leech on my gear because I have all the leech nodes you have on your tree already (but no Uber Ascendancy yet) and a few more levels will let me use my Atziri's (will that be enough to cover the leech? what about when flask charges run dry?)

Not sure whether I want to focus on increasing my health pool or go for the Force Shaper node to try and increase the leech that way as well.

-------------------------------------------

EDIT: After going over the skill tree, I have been looking at an alternative tree:

http://poeplanner.com/AAUAAQEhAAB-AdwEswmWD6sRLxQgFr8aOCLiJIsmlScvKjgqTSsKMZ4yCTWSNj05DjrYOuE8BT38PydHfkfiSshN41BHUUxVS1WFVbVYY1nzXfJfP1-wYENh4mKsZU1sRmyMbj1ul26qbztvnnJscql1_Xasd-N4DXloe4x7w3zZfVuCm4MJhG-ExYTZhVKHaoqvjDaMz5ARkFWXeZo7m7Wdqp7Nn9-iAKQ5pcumV6luqZSsR6yqrY21SLXyvTa-gL6nwBrAZsEEwzrG2MpKz37UQti92WHkUeoY6wnrY-w47w7vfPAf8kXynPZI9zL3vv4K_o8W6SGQJDdf0JhXvwjqEPhfAAAAAAA=

-Notable comparisons-

Original:
+69% Life
+50% ES (negligible
+71% Phys Dmg + Chaos
+20 Life on KILL
+15% AoE + 30% Area Dmg
+1 Jewel Socket

Alternate:
+54% Life
+Resolute Technique
+61% Phys Dmg