HiltLess CWDT Berserker Build. I Hurt Myself today.. To proc my CWDT...

"
JohnOldman wrote:
"
Agent_Wesker wrote:
In case anyone is interested, if you are socket / gear starved and need a really cheap alternative, just slot in this weapon:

Everything socketed to it is linked to the "Molten Burst" skill.

The end result is very similar, possibly less DPS but more consistent proccing / damage.

It also has the added benefit of being more tanky (you don't need to roll Evasion)

i don't follow you, can you elaborate a bit? I have a few questions

with this you are running the cyclone on chest or a 4l? either way you are losing one of the two cwdt settup.

it also haves less base range and hiltless already cost 1c.

You dont want your bladefall, ek, glacial cascade and cyclone to be converted to fire, they hit harder dealing phys due to resistances, even with the 20% penetration it gives, thats not enough to compensate for the conversion, am i missing something?

Also how do you become more tanky and what do you mean by you dont need roll evasion? i dont want any evasion on my build the only bits i have its from the mandatory carcass jack 700~ eva

To elaborate, you can use all of the same gear + tree (without CWDT + spells) and still have great clear speed (besides 5 / 6 socket weapon just need Cyclone in 2 or 3 link). The effect is similar in that you use Cyclone to proc the "Molten Burst" skill instead of your CWDT links. The reason it's more "tanky" is that you aren't reflecting any Phys damage to yourself and increasing your Armour rating won't decrease damage. There is also the added benefit of no artificial cooldown (200ms CWDT I believe) between skill use, it's entirely based on your attack speed.

To sum it up, if you don't have leveled spell gems or fully linked gear its a good alternative. I have also thought of using Scold's with Ngamahuhu's to have both Spells & Molten Burst... Can't afford it yet though.
I tried Ngamahu's Flame and I think Hiltless + cwdt is superior in both damage and AoE...
Unless I am missing something, with Molten Burst, there is actually no point in even using a 6L chest. So Kaom's heart seems to be appropriate here.

I am experimenting with many cwdt-setups and different essence-crafted gear... This build still is cool to play, although I fear getting one-shot sitting on 5,9k life. (Ele Overload is huge though)
"
I tried Ngamahu's Flame and I think Hiltless + cwdt is superior in both damage and AoE...
Unless I am missing something, with Molten Burst, there is actually no point in even using a 6L chest. So Kaom's heart seems to be appropriate here.

I am experimenting with many cwdt-setups and different essence-crafted gear... This build still is cool to play, although I fear getting one-shot sitting on 5,9k life. (Ele Overload is huge though)

Thats why i play without ele overload, going a tiny bit faster isnt worth getting oneshoted frequently or rerolling maps with +2 damage mods witch i usually do as they come. Most of the time your clearspeed is more limited by your movement speed while cycloning and your attack speed while leapslaming than your dps, everything that touches your cyclone dies fast enough already.

BTW, Forge Of The Phoenix video is up! https://youtu.be/crbq3psnP50
When You die on Softcore, you lose experience.
When you die on Hardcore, you gain experience.
"
JohnOldman wrote:
If you are stuck on 4Ls undergeared for hard bosses use this:

Hiltless: Cyclone> Faster Attacks> Melee Phys> Life gain on hit (leveled with quality, otherwise use a random lifeleech)

Leap Slam: change blood magic for fortify. be sure to leap slam into him when te buff is about to expire.

IF that still wont do to sustain you:

Hiltless: Cyclone> Faster Attacks > Life Gain On Hit > Life Leech

It will take long but i doubt you cant bring that motherfucker down :P

TYVM for answer, i try it out but, yea, i dont know. i dont leech life even with hit and leech. i need to manage that he hits me hard. i can deal with it. im running with my double 4-link t10/11/12 maps with quadrupodamage and shit like this. breachportals are like not exists. i fkn love it. i cant wait for my two 6-links. ive a near perfect hiltless on 6-sock now (with voirci, cant hit 6sock with 400 jewe (ilvl68)) but never lucky with links.

i will follow ur guides and posts like a stalker. thanks for that fantastic build again!

when i dont hit my 5 or 6 links on this weekend iwill try to finish higher tier maps with my 4links.

SO.

MUCH.

FUN.

Spoiler

im at work, not much to do. cant go away from poe reddit and forums... fml, im addicted

ps: are both cwdt gems lvl 18? or on main cwdt lvl 20? thanks!
Last edited by edelnerd on Dec 15, 2016, 12:51:02 PM
i run lvl 20 cwdt, lvl 18 cwdt only are slightly better on yellow maps, if you are doing strats for leveling only involving tiers bellow 12 running lvl 18 cwdt is better otherwise go for lvl 20 on all gems

Sad to announce but i will stop playing this character seriously, may log to him for fun a few times but im not going to keep leveling it, after many trys to Shaper i just cant kill him with this build.

Although he is the only Boss i haven't killed with this build it bugs me out so much being unable to kill him than i'm going to reroll, im going back to HC league.

However i still will keep answering any questions you guys have and revisit the build next league update in case there are any changes to the build. Have fun hitting yourselves!
"
JohnOldman wrote:
i run lvl 20 cwdt, lvl 18 cwdt only are slightly better on yellow maps, if you are doing strats for leveling only involving tiers bellow 12 running lvl 18 cwdt is better otherwise go for lvl 20 on all gems

Sad to announce but i will stop playing this character seriously, may log to him for fun a few times but im not going to keep leveling it, after many trys to Shaper i just cant kill him with this build.

Although he is the only Boss i haven't killed with this build it bugs me out so much being unable to kill him than i'm going to reroll, im going back to HC league.

However i still will keep answering any questions you guys have and revisit the build next league update in case there are any changes to the build. Have fun hitting yourselves!

Hello,

No luck for me i begin this build from today.^^

Thanks for the guide and your help.

GL in HC
My shop : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/281932
can you replace hiltless with another weapon if you go scold's ?
"
rorsharch04 wrote:
can you replace hiltless with another weapon if you go scold's ?

you would need to add blood magic gem to cyclone gem setup, and your weapon wont help to proc the cwdt as soon as it goes off global cd, so you would have to do much shorter cyclones and the first hit of cyclone deal 50% less damage. i still recomend hiltless with scolds.

Btw i uploaded yesterday my Shaper Struggles wit the build: https://youtu.be/Pmw-sbYjFt4
Last edited by JohnOldman on Dec 17, 2016, 6:49:18 AM
That was a sad video with your Shaper struggles :/

But it seems that your deaths could be avoided..it's just learning about how to dodge his shit attacks:)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
Just wanted to pop in and say I'm enjoying the build, its ridiculous how fast im murdering everything 5 lvls over me once i could equip hiltless and carcass and my underlvled gems, carrying 6 man dried lakes on my dps alone at lvl 62, still have merc and uber labs to do, looking forward to the endgame on this guy. Thanks a bunch for the build thread, sucks you've decided to give up on him because of shaper.
Maybe take a break from this guy and farm shaper with something else, work on dodging that slam, then maybe give another go with this build. Best of luck!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info