So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Bye.
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
Hard to hear man. I literally wouldn't be able to play this game without two mandatory websites, poe.trade and poe wiki. GGG has been riding a wave of free labor for long enough. Perhaps it is time for them to actually take the reins on internalizing these two fundamental websites? I know I wouldn't play if they weren't available.
If it weren't for the wiki I'd have to go to reddit.

Spoiler
THANK YOU

Spoiler
Thanks a lot for all your work! PoE wiki is an amazing resource, especially considering the nature of game. The amount of double-checking needed before doing a build is enormous and wiki was a huge help always.
It's a shame things went the way they did. Good luck with whatever you'll do next.
On my own behalf and probably speaking for everyone in my guild because pretty well everyone uses it, thank you for creating, curating and caring about such an invaluable resource.

Sorry your official association with it is being severed so unceremoniously, and I hope you can at least continue to enjoy playing...

and also, for the thanks,
Spoiler
Looking for a mature guild to play with?
http://www.guildmedieval.com
Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.

I understand this is a role playing game, but I don't think the best role to play should be shopkeeper. - AlteraxPoe
Thanks for your wiki service man! I still use it at least 10 times a day to check things while playing.
Thank you for all the fish (and Perandus signet, which I had at some point but can't seem to find now, probably deleted with some old character).
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
crystalwitch wrote:
Well I'd like to be one of the first (in this thread) to wish you good luck in the future.

Thank you guys, means a lot! <3
Thanks for all of your work!

I honestly hope Curse fucks it up with their cheap labor tactics. Nothing pisses me off more than bullshit capitalism robbing people of what they love to do and did on their own time FOR FREE at one point.

Fuck Curse. Maybe if the shit stops getting updated than GGG will step up, stop being grimey, and bring some of the remaining guys like XYZ in house (or at least pay them to ensure the integrity of trade in a trade-centric game).

I realize you loved your work with the wiki (why else would anyone do it?)...but it pisses me off that GGG after all of these years still freeloads work off of the community. Then shit like this happens.
"
iamacyborg wrote:
Community websites on the internet are big business, making companies like Curse, Wikia, etc hundreds of thousands of dollars a year from community contributors free work.

That's interesting, I think game companies are making money from community contributors free work, too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info