[3.3] The Dancing Dominatrix - The Dancing Dervish / DB Melee Necromancer (Atziri w/ AW (+video))

Hey Jo, have you considered adapting this build to use with The Scourge?
Yup, I have.

It works really well and you can substitute Doryani's with Grip of the Council for example. It's pretty fun and you will really have a fricken huge army because the Wolfs will stay for quite a while. Since you only scale your damage with Minion Damage and you are a mere witch, the damage will prolly never exceed 6k with this build. Maybe if you dominate aura rares...

I only have one Scourge at my disposal but you can surely double up on it. Victario's Charity is still the best shield for something like that imo since I use Nec Aegis. You do miss out on Rampage and the sweet feeling of being one special snowflake because you're using The Dancing Dervish to its full potential... I think you can't tickle MUCH more out of it, maybe if you're an Aurabot...

(gotta test further though)

Many other optionsa are better than TDD because it kinda limits you. BUT it is still one fun little gimmick weapon to use.
Last edited by JoBilly on Nov 2, 2016, 5:02:37 PM
Updated to 2.6

TDD AI got updated, it cyclones constantly if there are more than 2 enemies around which means you can ditch Multistrike and Melee Splash fore more more multipliers. Fun for poison builds.

I couldn't bump this post so I have to do it like this :/
Hi!

This build seems interesting, any thoughts/changes about it on 3.0?

I'm thinking of it as a league starter.

Thanks.
If viable, can you help me updating the tree for 3.0?
I second the thoughts of a 3.0 Update, and if at all possible, how well would the Baron work out in this? I know it doesn't get the strength to truly make the Baron shine, but giving your Dominated monsters your strength seems like it has potential. Alternatively, your TDD/Baron/SRS build could probably go to DB with Doryani's over SRS with Grip of the Council.
My apologies for the really late replies here. I kinda didn't tick the box of "message if replied" box in the thread.

"
6230374 wrote:
Hi!

This build seems interesting, any thoughts/changes about it on 3.0?

I'm thinking of it as a league starter.

Thanks.

There weren't any changes from 2.6 to 3.0. Only one thing is for certain, it's not Harbinger exclusive content (namely Beachheads) viable because you can't dominate Harbinger monsters... or Breach monsters...

"
6230374 wrote:
If viable, can you help me updating the tree for 3.0?

Updated the tree to 3.0. It barely scratched the capped res but it works out since you have tons of minions to bodyblock.

"
Atros81 wrote:
I second the thoughts of a 3.0 Update, and if at all possible, how well would the Baron work out in this? I know it doesn't get the strength to truly make the Baron shine, but giving your Dominated monsters your strength seems like it has potential. Alternatively, your TDD/Baron/SRS build could probably go to DB with Doryani's over SRS with Grip of the Council.

Giving THIS particular Witch a Baron instead of Geofri's would result in less resistances you would have to get somewhere else and since this one barely has enough stats to equip all she has The Baron isn't really BiS.

About the Baron/SRS/TDD, yes, quite possibly. The problem with cold damage is, it could potentially freeze enemies and thusly shatter them reducing the amount of monsters you can dominate.
I'll be building this as my 4th character in Abyss league. Looks promising.

Do you think Vaal Breach might be useful for boss fights with this kinda build? You get lots of enemies to take control of.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
I'll be building this as my 4th character in Abyss league. Looks promising.

Do you think Vaal Breach might be useful for boss fights with this kinda build? You get lots of enemies to take control of.

You can artificially create/keep up a rampage with the following two things since 3.1

But you can't dominate Breach monsters unfortunately.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info