[2.6 / 3.0] BLADE VORTEX OBLITERATION

Really good build, it's actually the first time I can beat endgame content. I killed minotaur, phoenix and vaal temple trio. Can i beat Chimera and Hydra with this gear? I heard that these bossess are immune to poison, so I'm afraid that I will fail :)

Have conc effect 20/20
English is not my native language.
Last edited by allahkahabah on Mar 23, 2017, 8:28:40 AM
"
allahkahabah wrote:
Really good build, it's actually the first time I can beat endgame content. I killed minotaur, phoenix and vaal temple trio. Can i beat Chimera and Hydra with this gear? I heard that these bossess are immune to poison, so I'm afraid that I will fail :)

Have conc effect 20/20

I did Hydra on a 5link, so you will do fine since your gear is better than mine. Just takes a while and if you suck at dodging ice balls you will die a few times, but not so much that you will run out of portals.
Haven't tried Chimera yet but I find Chimera in general easier than Hydra. Should be fine as well. The build has pretty great DPS even without poison, the poison is what makes it completely ridiculous.
E/: Just did Chimera, it was actually by far the easiest fight out of the four guardians. He has no attack that you have to actively dodge because nothing he deos can oneshot you and you instantly heal back to full, so his charged up jump attack that is divided into three individual hits is no threat. Just facetank him until he drops, the fight takes about 2 minutes on my 5link even with poison immunity. The only possible issue is the trash mobs he summons (they have hard-hitting projetcile attacks so you need to get up to them quickly to leech) and the smoke cloud move (you have to find him fast because you can't leech until you do, but you can still take 3-4 hits which gives you enough time to find him, also thanks to your high movement speed).
I'm really happy that this build will still be perfectly viable after the eventual double dipping nerf, clearspeed will be completely unaffected and single target damage, while taking a hit, should still be more than enough for all content.
Last edited by Inkaflare on Mar 24, 2017, 8:26:44 AM
"
Inkaflare wrote:
"
allahkahabah wrote:

Have conc effect 20/20

I did Hydra on a 5link, so you will do fine since your gear is better than mine. Just takes a while and if you suck at dodging ice balls you will die a few times, but not so much that you will run out of portals.
Haven't tried Chimera yet but I find Chimera in general easier than Hydra. Should be fine as well. The build has pretty great DPS even without poison, the poison is what makes it completely ridiculous.
E/: Just did Chimera, it was actually by far the easiest fight out of the four guardians. He has no attack that you have to actively dodge because nothing he deos can oneshot you and you instantly heal back to full, so his charged up jump attack that is divided into three individual hits is no threat. Just facetank him until he drops, the fight takes about 2 minutes on my 5link even with poison immunity. The only possible issue is the trash mobs he summons (they have hard-hitting projetcile attacks so you need to get up to them quickly to leech) and the smoke cloud move (you have to find him fast because you can't leech until you do, but you can still take 3-4 hits which gives you enough time to find him, also thanks to your high movement speed).
I'm really happy that this build will still be perfectly viable after the eventual double dipping nerf, clearspeed will be completely unaffected and single target damage, while taking a hit, should still be more than enough for all content.

I killed Chimera yesterday, it was really easy - mainly because of massive temporal chains effect, adds couldn't attack me once. Only difficult part was keeping quicksilver flask charges for cloud phase. Then face tank, Chimera really doesn't have any oneshots.
However Hydra was very difficult, definitely the hardest Guardian for me cuz I just really suck at this game) (dodging tons of ice balls)
Died 4 times then finally killed her, again temporal chains is a life saver, makes difficult fights 10x easier.

And today I've killed Shaper for the first time, it wasn't that hard. He deals a lot of damage but dies so fast, again temp chains helps a LOT. Died 5 times tho, cuz I'm bad)
Only uber atziri and chayula left, but mortal set and splinters are so expensive(

Overall, this build is insanely strong. I'm surprised that shaper died so freaking fast with that poison stacking. And with temp chains enchant this build is totally broken

English is not my native language.
Last edited by allahkahabah on Mar 25, 2017, 6:44:58 AM
"
allahkahabah wrote:
"
Inkaflare wrote:
"
allahkahabah wrote:

Have conc effect 20/20

I killed Chimera yesterday, it was really easy - mainly because of massive temporal chains effect, adds couldn't attack me once. Only difficult part was keeping quicksilver flask charges for cloud phase. Then face tank, Chimera really doesn't have any oneshots.
However Hydra was very difficult, definitely the hardest Guardian for me cuz I just really suck at this game) (dodging tons of ice balls)
Died 4 times then finally killed her, again temporal chains is a life saver, makes difficult fights 10x easier.

And today I've killed Shaper for the first time, it wasn't that hard. He deals a lot of damage but dies so fast, again temp chains helps a LOT. Died 5 times tho, cuz I'm bad)
Only uber atziri and chayula left, but mortal set and splinters are so expensive(

Overall, this build is insanely strong. I'm surprised that shaper died so freaking fast with that poison stacking. And with temp chains enchant this build is totally broken

Hydra is an easy boss for this build, just do not use the flask Sin Rebirth, atziri promise, take flasks 40%inc dmg/3000evasion/20%reduction/Taste of Haste etc.
Last edited by gruvka on Mar 25, 2017, 7:31:30 AM
nvm
Last edited by ElJesse on Mar 25, 2017, 2:55:13 PM
Guys, pls, show your tooltips (no flasks, no conc effect, legacy league).
Last edited by Zabivalkin on Mar 27, 2017, 4:50:19 AM
Hi, I don't know if this has been discussed, but how good would this set up be on bosses : cherrubim on chest, scourge & mortem morsu as weapons ?
Scourge is a 100% incr dmg, cherrubim is like 90+ hp and 70+ %chaos dmg and mortem morsu to get rid of poison gem (and some phys conversion to chaos).
"
Ktk wrote:
Hi, I don't know if this has been discussed, but how good would this set up be on bosses : cherrubim on chest, scourge & mortem morsu as weapons ?
Scourge is a 100% incr dmg, cherrubim is like 90+ hp and 70+ %chaos dmg and mortem morsu to get rid of poison gem (and some phys conversion to chaos).

I tested a GG malfeance in STD with my old breach setup thats listed in OP. Cant compare. Not only are boss kills quicker due to 7L Cospri (Mortum only poison on attack). Youre guaranteed curse and up to tri curse. Guarantee curse is a big deal on plenty of curse immune mobs/maps.

here it is 79% 1% off from perfect but I'm using it in a different build now. Good second choice though.

As far as scourge did not test. But whole reason this build rocks is the explosions from Obliteration. Turns a bad AOE skill, BV, into whole screen destruction so can't imagine it better. I have way better daggers/wands than scourge if I want direct DPS. Perhaps on singles scourge could be better but I doubt it - 15% extra chaos + 40% spell beats Scourge inc dam.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 29, 2017, 7:16:33 PM
"
Ktk wrote:

I totally agree with Aim_Deep, and I also wanna point out the fact that swapping both weapons and a chest piece (potentially 6-linked), while also transferring all your gems from one setup to the other, just to kill bosses it's a bit crazy. Even if it was worth it, as far as damage goes (which is not even the case), it would be way too time consuming and complicated to be actually a good choice.
Abyssal Volatile Poet: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2057243
MagicBlaster Deadeye: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2115343
Fortifier Aurabot: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2084465
Well, first, mortem morsu poison on any hit i think, unless i messed up somewhere when i tested. Also curse immune mobs doesn't really apply to bosses, unless there's a curse immune mode on the map, and that only apply to guardians, and i'd bet it'd be pretty rare, so I wouldn't count guaranteed curse as any kind of benefit, to me it's just a matter of poison versus 80% chaos dmg and +100 life (which is a big deal with how weak we are to one shots)

And obviously the set up is for boss killing, you just swap to obliteration for map clearing, you don't need more dmg anyway for map clearing this build can already clear t16 without problem.

But if you tested it I'm gonna trust you then.

Last edited by Ktk on Mar 29, 2017, 8:58:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info