Sad day in the US :( over 50 deaths

"
tryhardgg wrote:
That's what you get when you sell guns on every corner .

Have you ever been to Switzerland?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
tryhardgg wrote:

Or even the US? =0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
tryhardgg wrote:

they also had 3 massive attack in Paris, one is Brussels, Berlin, London, Ottawa, a Bombin during the Marathon of Boston (no guns were used). I agree they should so something against the guns in the USA but this has nothing to do with guns.
"
tryhardgg wrote:

I don't think the people whom perished deserve this type of comment. I would question your mental wellbeing as this is borderline aggression and such inappropriate comment.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Jun 17, 2016, 9:39:00 AM
"
solwitch wrote:
"
tryhardgg wrote:

I don't think the people whom perished deserve this type of comment. I would question your mental wellbeing as this is borderline aggression and such inappropriate comment.

Yeah I have been reading comment ranging from the "they deserved it because they sell weapons", "fucking americans"... or even "good riddance less that's how you deal with gays" I find this immensely disgusting that some people have no respect in these moments.
It has nothing to do with guns. It's Obama and our political class creating an atmosphere where "racism" and profiling is punished more than failing to stop a terror attack. FBI was tipped many times about this guy and failed because USG official's career will survive a terror attack, but not being called a racist.
http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/17/has-fbis-work-been-tainted-political-correctness/

Beyond that its USA and western allies non stop attacks in Muslim world which have led to at least 4 million dead. Going back to at least 1953 coup in Iran and subsequent coup in Syria. We started Al Qaeda to make Afghanistan Russia's Vietnam. We starved Iraq's children. We are funding arming and training radical Wahhabi to take out Assad. Our best buddy KSA is little different than ISIS. Obama and his effete European allies turned Libya into a terrorists playground. Learn history. Trump bubbled around issue but yeah Obama is responsible in more ways than one as well as many presidents before him with enabling killing and blow-back of these people.

Ban guns they just use bombs, knives, gas, or guns anyway like Paris proved. We have to get to meat of the problem not the tool.

I'm tired of my rights being infringed on from privacy to personnel defense just because our government is trying to paper over thier non-stop fuck ups. Arnt you? You want to live in a police state?
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 18, 2016, 2:59:44 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Ban guns they just use bombs, knives, gas, or guns anyway like Paris proved. We have to get to meat of the problem not the tool.

Remember that making/smuggling your weapons is one order of difficulty higher than just buying them. That's the reason you'll see attacks with more casualties more frequently in US compared to many first world countries. You have to go to the emerging country list to find similar numbers (like Brazil or Mexico).

In that sense, if US can manage to reduce the number military grade weapons in the population (while letting handguns, and other single target weapons relatively accessible) should be an improvement, because it would reduce the number of casualties. You'd still have shootings but with 2 or 3 dead people rather than 50. Still it would be a problem, but a lesser one (so the real reasons are still there).

"
Xavderion wrote:

It seems they check the mental health of gun buyers, also, they have a way better society overall and a militia to teach trigger discipline. Good luck trying that in US, though. If universal health care is complicated, taking care of mental care will be tough. Anyway, it's a good route to take (actually, banning some weapons is just patchwork to the real problems, societal conditions) but not sure if plausible. Japan is stil safer, though (although you can discuss if it's a nanny state all you want, probably yes).
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Jun 18, 2016, 2:51:01 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:

In that sense, if US can manage to reduce the number military grade weapons in the population (while letting handguns, and other single target weapons relatively accessible) should be an improvement, because it would reduce the number of casualties. You'd still have shootings but with 2 or 3 dead people rather than 50. Still it would be a problem, but a lesser one (so the real reasons are still there).

Define "military grade." Then inform us what percentage of gun CRIME is committed in the US with "military grade" weapons? =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
NeroNoah wrote:

Remember that making/smuggling your weapons is one order of difficulty higher than just buying them. That's the reason you'll see attacks with more casualties more frequently in US compared to many first world countries. You have to go to the emerging country list to find similar numbers (like Brazil or Mexico).

Fun fact: Mexico has very strict gun laws.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Define "military grade." Then inform us what percentage of gun CRIME is committed in the US with "military grade" weapons? =^[.]^=

It's low. You use explosives and semi automatic guns (and lots of ammunitions) only when you feel like killing 50, for most crimes you have handguns. I don't know, you tell me, I'm not very informed. I don't think only the number of crimes commited with a gun matters, because we could allow stinger missiles with that criteria too (else they would be adquired in the black market *shrugs*). I'm not sure, I'm just being a contrarian on the internet, I don't have strong feelings about this except for "guns are not the solution" *waves tiny american flag*

"
Xavderion wrote:
Fun fact: Mexico has very strict gun laws.

Fun fact: Japan too (and even stricter). It's like there are some factors beyond guns that affect all that, but no, it has to be a ban guns vs. stinger/AK-47 for personal defense argument. That being said, given how enforcement works in Mexico (essentially, the gun restriction is unenforceable because narcos), it doesn't make a lot of sense to redtape basic weapon access.

I think the other thread is more adequate to discuss this (I can link this there).
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Jun 19, 2016, 5:09:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info