[2.3.0] build ( main attack skill gem ) ideas

i have been playing a marauder this league mostly ... and i flushed out sort of the tanky path i would take. i like the tankiness i can get tho i really dont want to go cyclone ( feels real slow ) or earthquake ( everyone seems to always do that ) ...... i bought a bunch of gems to see what abilities i wanted to build off but honestly im having trouble finding something. my first thought was maybe reave but it just feels boring ....

Given i realize the builds wont come together till after 90 and all but if i cant pick a spender per se im never going to get anywhere ..... now im going to link my very basic passive tree for the build .... im new to building a class so if im putting into anything not worth doing by all means .... presently i am 2handing molten strike with no points into ant weapon or anything ...

What i really actually want is something that doesnt get squashed so easily ... ( last season i ran an ice trap build on a shadow i liked the mobility but i prefer more tanking to compensate for my reaction time at times) i dont see much on the marauder build thread and there was no reave at all i had to figure something out to start messing with that which is ok just didnt like how the ability worked .... the problem i guess is the ability may not perform at all like it did for the first 90 levels as it will after so its real hard to put something together .... anyway im rambling ... what i want is mobility ( whirling blades seems to take care of that ) immortal call and molten shell (im thinking for the ac but really it might not be that great at all even for that )..... at this point i likely make literally no sense and have gone all over the place.......

as i said its my first build and would like help flushing it all out i guess .....

and the passive plan pre weapon decisions

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEAAAHcBLMLYQxfFCAUcRjXGjgnLylPMZ4x-zWSOuE8BTwtPT49_Ed-TeNQR1OlValZ818_ZU1mVGaeZ5toWGhlaPJqAW5pbztyD3Kpdn92rHfjeA15aHuMfEt99X7gggeCm4NfhMSE2YnYjHaMz5BVkn2Ub5Z0l7SYb5o7m1iePJ5Xn9-iAKZXqW6sqq4-r2y18rcxvTa-p8AawGbBBMQVxLjE9sauz37V-NeW2L3ZfNwj5FHlz-oY7DjvDu988B_z3fZI9zL46_6P
Last edited by greyshrimp on Jun 12, 2016, 4:55:25 PM
Last bumped on Jun 24, 2016, 4:49:50 PM
I'd recommend changing your skill tree to look more like this:

you can take the juggernaut ascendancy and use immortal call and enduring cry to become permanently immune to physical damage, making you a god in end-game content.

Don't worry about what other players are doing, try testing out earthquake and if you enjoy it, it's really powerful. If you don't I'd try ancestral warchief and ancestral protector (in which case you would drop some other nodes to get ancestral bond and totemic mastery).
Ice crash, sunder, and static strike are also strong options.
How to make currency in Path of Exile, a comprehensive guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Ig9_8XjC8
ok so big changes i switched off ice crash into EQ still S&B well mace till i need mana then maybe switch to axe for the unique one .... i have bramble chest till i can get rares with more ac im still mostly tanky around lvl 50 i put my first points into the crit one what is it disemboweling im gonna go jugg for endurance charges and if i can get by without any uniques i would rape but i am expecting to nee the axe soon ...
i have

CODT > mortal call > motlen shield > tempest shield
( honorhome for now but i want to drop that for a rare )

im working on boots or gloves to get

COH > vulnerability > warlords mark > herald of thunder
( switched off ashe because thunder procs alot more i was told and i think if i do it right i can afford to lose he 15% phys )

chest is a little weird still what i am thinking i will do is ...

EQ > MPD > lesser duration > life on hit

at this point im not sure if i should go fortify and drop vig strike altogether or something else maybe end with poison

also i want to run shield charge but im not sure what i want to do with that tho i guess shield charge and leap slam is basically the same escape .... i think i am working things out but still i have gaps

at like 55-60 i think i have like 9.7k armor 75% phys reduction it says ... my resists are low but i havent even started merc yes so its not that big a deal maybe i need more life regen im using chaos golem for the 4% but maybe i dont need that anymore too .... i mean at this point im really not exactly sure whats gonna work and wont to i guess im messin with shit basically ...

also i might be using EQ wrong it looks like ther is a delay ffor dmg so spamming it is kind of pointless if your wep isnt good ... which would make me think i would want a spam gem to go between EQ's

im not sure if crit is the way to go to boost my dmg output considering how much def i have already ...... if i can get better i guess life on hit i might not need hp regen at all ... and i dont know if there is but i would really like a neck or something i wouldnt be possibly giving up armor on for massive resist so it will be a bit easier later ...... i doubt there is something like that anyway really ....

anyhow its coming along somewhat still rough around the edges but im working it out ... i think ....
lvl 60

i am hitting a snag .... real low resistances it looks like so i have to work that out of course

13818 armor estimated phys reduction is 79%

im also kind of slow i figured shield charge and leap slam would cover that but i guess not

still using bramble for the 2k armor and empires grasp for the armor ... chest still needs to get linked fully tho im not really sure what i actually need i have 6 reds in now so im going to try and stick with that 3 and 3 links i need to fuse the fuck out of that i know .....

my neck has 25% mana regen and additional 33% only reason im using it at all tho

got a fire and a lightning ring in but its not nearly enough to support the -60%

im getting hammered in lvl 56 maps

im rolling thunder with warlords mark and vulnerability on COH tho i dont think tis proccing anymore and even then i dont know if it proc'd both or just 1

i tried to put a second CODT with enduring cry ancestral warchief and fort but i dont think it is going off at all and warchief doesnt proc at all i have to hit that manually im not sure why that is tho

the CODT with immortal call molten shell and flame golem works just fine tho wep is whatever shield is nothing special either i have a corrupted lioneye one waiting not perfect but it would do for the time being lvl 70.

my dmg is low but i expect that with only 3 link really EQ less duration and phys dmg presently. i wanted to keep shield charge but more and more it seems like a less good version of leap slam which is sad because i got a 20 quality charge

im going to have to remake and try again but i need to figure out what went wrong or is it really just the resists
possibly some good info not sure tho

i was told what i am shooting for is 75% block and around 5k hp

ok but passives that i can see show about 10% block chance and mu shield only gives me 25 presently and the lionseye shield is only 30% how the hell do i get to 75% ????

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info