Guns... My opinion what's yours?

"
SkyCore wrote:
Living in fear has an enormous impact on the psyche. And it is bad.

Carrying a gun and knowing you could kill anyone in the room in under a second destroys fear of physical domination. And it is good.

Just the possibility that anyone in your vicinity is carrying a concealed lethal weapon injects a tangible amount of civility into the room. It's unlikely you will intentionally belittle and be a major prick to someone whom is armed.

There is something to be said for the potential application of force to halt aggression and domination. And a gun is a fine tool for the job.

So living in fear is bad, unless it's the fear of anyone in the room potentionally obliterating anyone else in the room within the blink of an eye by means of concealed firearms, then it is good.

And now I'm confused. No, wait. I think maybe you're confused.

You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.
As someone that doesnt know how it works in USA, do you need to go through training and special testing (psychiatric exam and similar) to be able to get a permission to own a gun, or you can just go buy it if you are old enough as a normal product?
Last edited by miljan on Jun 16, 2016, 10:10:39 AM
"
miljan wrote:
As someone that doesnt know how it works in USA, do you need to go through training and special testing (psychiatric exam and similar) to be able to get a permission to own a gun, or you can just go buy it if you are old enough as a normal product?

Depends on the state and the class of weapon. Here in South Dakota, it took me about 5 minutes to walk into a gun store and buy an AK with ammo and then walk out the door with it. Theres a short form you fill out that the clerk uses with your ID to call and verify youre not a felon.

As for a concealed weapon permit. You goto the police department and fill out a very lengthy form. Your name appears publicly as someone applying and anyone can contest your acceptance. In a couple weeks you get a permit.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
Upandatem wrote:

So living in fear is bad, unless it's the fear of anyone in the room potentionally obliterating anyone else in the room within the blink of an eye by means of concealed firearms, then it is good.

I tried to dumb it down enough for everyone to understand my point. I apologize if I dipped down below the point of stupidity.

My point was suppose to be that; without a firearm we are at the mercy of others whom are physically superior than us. When we carry a firearm, there is nearly zero fear of bullying, rape, or mugging.

When you live in a society where any random person may be carrying a concealed firearm, bullying, rape, mugging, etc becomes a lot more risky... leading to a more civilized society.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Guns do not magically eliminate fear. People with guns get scared just like everyone else. They just have a gun while they're scared, which makes the situation orders of magnitude worse. You've bought into a very strange gun worship fantasy here.
"
SkyCore wrote:
When you live in a society where any random person may be carrying a concealed firearm, bullying, rape, mugging, etc becomes a lot more risky... leading to a more civilized society.

Wishful thinking. Criminals become more brutal/consequent/lethal, that´s the result.

We all would like to "be in control", but that´s an illusion, similar to feeling safer in a car than in a plane, because it´s "in your hands".
Last edited by Schmodderhengst on Jun 16, 2016, 12:42:23 PM
"
Jennik wrote:
Guns do not magically eliminate fear. People with guns get scared just like everyone else. They just have a gun while they're scared, which makes the situation orders of magnitude worse. You've bought into a very strange gun worship fantasy here.

Of course there are mentally deficient individuals who would irrationally still fear despite the capabilities to protect themselves. What such sub-humans feel is really inconsequential to the discussion.

Carrying your balls inside the holster is tricky, if it fails along the way it's possible to lose them, and then you got a problem, Houston.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
Carrying your balls inside the holster is tricky, if it fails along the way it's possible to lose them, and then you got a problem, Houston.

Teeth are more metaphorically fit to belong in a holster. Not balls. Balls are animalistic, a remnant from less enlightened times.

I would like to think at least some of us have evolved and are able to control ourselves (and our balls).

Toothless dogs get eaten or starve. Or in our society: are destine to be forever subservient to others.
Last edited by SkyCore on Jun 16, 2016, 1:41:41 PM
"
SkyCore wrote:
"
miljan wrote:

Depends on the state and the class of weapon. Here in South Dakota, it took me about 5 minutes to walk into a gun store and buy an AK with ammo and then walk out the door with it. Theres a short form you fill out that the clerk uses with your ID to call and verify youre not a felon.

As for a concealed weapon permit. You goto the police department and fill out a very lengthy form. Your name appears publicly as someone applying and anyone can contest your acceptance. In a couple weeks you get a permit.

Ok, thanks. I really think this should change. If you want to own a gun, you will need to go through some testing at the doctor at minimum to get a permission to own small firearms. And also I am not sure why would they allow machine guns to be sold, this is really little mind blowing to me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info