Guns... My opinion what's yours?

I'm really, "FOR" everyone having a concealed weapon. Today I wake up to the news:https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/amp/news/crime/deadly-mass-shooting-orlando-florida-gallery-1.2670541?client=safari#

I'm furious and saddened that one person can destroy the lives of so many. My issue is the accessibility of obtaining a rifle. It's extremely easy... For $300 you can leave a gun shop fully armed. With little training AND NO BACKGROUND CHECK.

Whether we ban guns, whether we decide to equip everyone with a gun... How do we avoid mass shootings? No one yet has a reasonable solution. What goes through a persons thought process to commit such horrors? This is why I'm a psych major... It's always been a curiosity of mine of how humanity has evolved to be so unpredictable.

I blame the segregation of different economy's, I blame religions... I blame the leaders of our world... The board members, the stock holders anyone who places first thier special interest of what's inside their pockets, instead of the well being of their fellow man. There will never be peace as long as you can purchase shares for a company that mass produces artillery or any form of weapons, large or small.

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last bumped on Jun 25, 2016, 7:03:00 AM
I'm from Canada.
I think when the rest of the world watches what goes on in the US there is a great deal of head shaking.
My country is far from perfect I will admit. Even the most peaceful of countries have their nut cases going at it.
Too many Americans treat guns without respect. There is no sober thought or reverence for what these weapons can do.
That 2nd amendment has been hijacked by the NRA and their fanatics.
It's sad when gun ownership is treated as a religion. Civilians have no need for assault rifles or higher capacity mags. It's all about money. At what point is the saturation of ownership reached? Every empire dies from within over time and the US is headed in that direction. Americans can't see their own demise.
I wonder how many posts you will get?

Cheers
While it was stupid to create a gun culture in US in the first place (not everyone can carry a gun to defend itself, for example, so the reasoning was weak to begin with; I know I'd be fucked in a shooting), it doesn't seem viable to make it illegal. It will have to be a slow cultural change, at least to the point of separating stupid from guns.

What is more constructive is to treat people with mental issues, and to neuter the worst parts of religion (currently, the worst attacks recently have been made by muslims, but then you have the abortion clinic shooter; you just have to search a way to mitigate that kind of stuff).
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Jun 12, 2016, 1:25:44 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
not everyone can carry a gun to defend itself

I don't know about other states but we have an "open carry" policy here. You can carry them in the open if you don't have a concealed carry permit.

"
NeroNoah wrote:
It will have to be a slow cultural change.

That would be quite the understatement for where I live, here it's extremely common to give children guns and teach them gun safety before they are even teenagers.

Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
I don't know about other states but we have an "open carry" policy here. You can carry them in the open if you don't have a concealed carry permit.

No, I don't mean that. Even if I had a gun, I have very poor reflexes. Old people and children would be fucked too in that situation.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
Shovelcut wrote:

No, I don't mean that. Even if I had a gun, I have very poor reflexes. Old people and children would be fucked too in that situation.

Oh I gotcha now. Hey, some old people will surprise the shit out of you. :P
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
reading the news, I propose USA stops giving gun permits to its fucking psycho part of the population.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Keep guns out of the hands of aggressive mentally incompetent fools.

But for everyone else, it should be our duty to respond with force (potentially lethal) if the situation demands it. The reason killing sprees can rack up such a high death toll is because the victims are powerless to stop it if they arent armed themselves.

On a much higher level, we can view the right to carry a firearm as empowerment of the civilians. Which is a very good thing.
Governments which deny the power of the populace and make them wholly dependent on the state for protection are not truly free. To restrict the agency of others (whom have not previously proven themselves dangerous) is not a good thing. Such limitations are not acceptable.

For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Due to something strange that happened to me today, my opinion is I should purchase one immediately.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Due to something strange that happened to me today, my opinion is I should purchase one immediately.

Don't worry, you just passed by a mirror.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info