[2.3] Korago's Earthquake Slayer - Budget league starter with deathless atziri

Yo mate, nice guide.

This is exactly what i came up when i was theorycrafting during May.

There's only one big difference: I think armour is shit, and will get some phys damage reduction with Basalt (when i'll get money even a ToH) and some immortal call with 4 endu charges. So I decided to go full eva + dodge/spell dodge.

I would like to go for Disfavour. Actually im using a 4l Marohi. I'm almost lv88, i have 4.7k hp and 10k eva, using hatred and enfeeble+blasphemy. Tooltip dps is 10k, which is quite bad... but i can clear fast t7-8 maps. I went for 6 frenzy charges, which take my dps to 16k.
I hope i will be able to upgrade the map tier soon enough... i have only lv6 zana.
I don't know how to increase the damage: the ming's heart is a good option.. but maybe i should increase the life before. I'll try it.

Also, this league I'm very unlucky. I've played so much, yet no decent drop or exalted... dunno how i can upgrade my gear :(

Another thing to appoint. Since my dps is shit, uberlab is impossible for me: Izaro has to be killed fast, especially in the first two forms where he has benefit, and I can't destroy them before he can get those benefits.... in the end i've been shotted in the first phase after a long battle lol. Have you already done uberlab? What did you do to kill uber izaro?
I took the two ascendancy leech notables with cruel and merciless lab: I wanted to test how the leech speed was, to compare it with Vaal Pact. I have to say that it is very nice for easy-medium content but... VP do wonders in the most difficult content, which Slayer's and passives won't do. I have 160% life leech per second and 45% life leech cap, and the leech is far from being istant: it takes at least 1 second to go from half life to max life: in that second you can easily die taking another hit.
Last edited by Serge91 on Jun 13, 2016, 2:57:01 PM
Hey serge
I would say I highly disagree with armor "being shit" as it leads to exactly the issue you are facing, getting 1 or 2 shot. I am currently sitting at 5k armor (33% reduction) and 14k with an armor granite(59%) which gives leech and instant flasks time to kick in to save you from instantly dying. If you are having problems instantly dying I would recommend giving armor another shot

As for your health, I can't say much without having a look at your gear / tree, at level 87 I am sitting at 5.3k hp without mings and 5k with it equip(current very mediocre posted under the gear section). As for damage scaling, do you have WED or added phys / fire on your rings, amulets and belt? those are two easy ways to scale damage. Quality gems is another way to increase damage, if your gems are level 20 consider "flipping them" to 20 quality and relevel them.
You mentioned saving for a ToH while only having a 4l marohi, I would recommend spending your savings 5 linking your Marohi before buying a ToH as that will provide a ~ 30% damage increase.
Here is my current 5l dps for comparison
http://imgur.com/tPDJJPt

I did uber lab and it wasn't too bad, armor and IC helps mitigrate the damage a lot, did still get 1 shot by his smash the first time I tried but managed to dodge it the second time

So to summarize, reconsider armor if you are having problems getting 1 shot, scale damage with jewelry and try to at least 5 link your marohi
Last edited by Koragodk on Jun 13, 2016, 6:53:25 PM
"
Koragodk wrote:
Hey serge
I would say I highly disagree with armor "being shit" as it leads to exactly the issue you are facing, getting 1 or 2 shot. I am currently sitting at 5k armor (33% reduction) and 14k with an armor granite(59%) which gives leech and instant flasks time to kick in to save you from instantly dying. If you are having problems instantly dying I would recommend giving armor another shot

As for your health, I can't say much without having a look at your gear / tree, at level 87 I am sitting at 5.3k hp without mings and 5k with it equip(current very mediocre posted under the gear section). As for damage scaling, do you have WED or added phys / fire on your rings, amulets and belt? those are two easy ways to scale damage. Quality gems is another way to increase damage, if your gems are level 20 consider "flipping them" to 20 quality and relevel them.
You mentioned saving for a ToH while only having a 4l marohi, I would recommend spending your savings 5 linking your Marohi before buying a ToH as that will provide a ~ 30% damage increase.
Here is my current 5l dps for comparison
http://imgur.com/tPDJJPt

I did uber lab and it wasn't too bad, armor and IC helps mitigrate the damage a lot, did still get 1 shot by his smash the first time I tried but managed to dodge it the second time

So to summarize, reconsider armor if you are having problems getting 1 shot, scale damage with jewelry and try to at least 5 link your marohi

I don't have problems because of lack of armour. I have problems because Izaro and those benefits has too high life compared to damage.

I can easily dodge (manually and with the chance too) most Izaro attacks, but if the fight in the first form is so long.. then you won't have no more flask to spam/heal, which are the core defence for everyone. And in the end, without defences, i have died.

Probably I should put more life nodes, and put on Ming's. This would give me a very good benefit i suppose. And maybe put on grace instead of hatred against uber.

Yeah when i talked about Disfavour and ToH, i was meaning that those things were the top end.

When I said armor is shit, i just meant that there are different forms of PDR, while eva+dodge is unique and it scales very well even without top end gear. Also, dodge is easy to cap with vaal grace; and CI makes you immune to phys damage for some seconds. The fact is that every battle needs to last not so long... especially the battle where you cant refill constantly the potions, like Izaro.

For 5l. Yeah, i should try get one.
Not sure about elemental damage. Probably i would go less duration+melee phys+melee phys on full life+fortify. Or added fire. But don't have enough ele damage to justify WED, at the moment.

Also, i have been unlucky even on jewels. Tried to craft myself some, spamming alterations... but got nothing good.
Last edited by Serge91 on Jun 14, 2016, 2:05:55 AM
Since my build is similar and I don't feel like creating a build thread, I will post this here.

I just got a 6 link Marohi last night, which allowed me to get rid of my tab 6 link and get a lightning coils I also took Iron Reflexes, and am now sitting at 30% physical resists + the lightning coil. I have a ton of armor to stack and % nodes to get, but with end charges, I am a pretty tanky fella with only 4600 hp at lvl 70.

I should be over 5k at 80 easy, and with the upgrades that come in the meantime, I feel that the build will be tanky enough to not die to anything other than a 1 shot. Luckily, almost all the oneshots are preventable/dodgeable, so I have high hopes for my Leap-Quaker!
I thought attacking faster didn't do anything for EQ and was frowned upon?
"
Popmycherry wrote:
I thought attacking faster didn't do anything for EQ and was frowned upon?

A common misconception, while stacking more attack speed will not increase the amount of aftershocks generated, it will still greatly increase your clear speed as you will be clearing much faster as the time it takes to create a single earthquake will be much faster.

To put it simply, if you have an attack speed of 1 attack per second you can clear one pack every second with earthquake, if you have an attack speed of 2 per second you can clear two packs every second. When you are mostly one shotting packs with the initial hit, having more aftershock damage but less attack speed will only decrease your clear speed
Hey Serge91
From what you said, it seems you are running a somewhat different setup which may explain why you are having trouble scaling damage. My damage is about ~50% elemental damage as I run added fire, herald of ash and hatred and as such WED is a great way to scale extra damage on jewelry.
As for running out of pots etc, have you taken the "Endless Hunger" ascendancy node? in my experience I am always getting topped up by it which lets me save my instant flasks for situations I need to be instantly topped up
Last edited by Koragodk on Jun 14, 2016, 1:10:55 PM
is this HC viable?
could you run Carcass Jack with this build? pros and cons? too squishy?
Last edited by Ekochaos on Jun 20, 2016, 6:26:41 PM
"
Unstahppable wrote:
is this HC viable?

With slayer negating the biggest HC drawback of earthquake(phys relfect) I would absolutely say so, for HC I would recommend focusing a bit more on armor and hp stacking in the passive tree while also avoiding a ming's heart.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info