Why is there this Thread When nothing happens to balance

It's definitely sad to see pvp in the state it currently is. Part of what made pvp so special to ME was the fact that I actually had to, well, DO SHIT in order to get kills. I still do because I don't have ultra supreme super mega ultra gear and do all the annoying gimmicks other players do, and I do my best NOT to abuse shit because that won't make me good, no matter what it looks like. But it does get irritating to just go into arena and seeing people use worm jar, LA, EA, and whatever they have linked to their Cast When Existing gems.

"While these builds abusing crit in one form or another be it ranged,coc,worms etc.. just say fuck everything because you're dead before the rest of the game mechanics play a part in the match. Though still people want to deny it at the end of the day, that this is the state of PvP. Or the reason they are playing "that build" instead of "another build" is to abuse it enough to get it nerfed...but really it's just because its the only thing they can compete with."
This statement couldn't be any more accurate. It seems to have very little to do with an actual appreciation for pvp. Once those things are actually balanced or are much harder to abuse, where are they? Nowhere to be seen. And as for "it's the only thing they can compete with", I've seen that shit for myself, mostly in the form of dedicated melee players going EA or Inquisitor. Very saddening. My only hope is that, maybe once Prophecy leagues end, GGG can use that sort of in-between down time to actually balance shit out for a bit, both for pvm and pvp.

It was honestly disheartening to see players already lvl 70+ A DAY after Prophecy was launched, especially because both I'd seen on my friends list were Inquisitor, so I can only imagine they didn't have to try to hard with Thumbs Up His Ass (that being the name of Inquisitor if this were a Native American folk tale) spamming spark or whatever. But like Mulla stated before, sometimes you have to cater to the casuals who need training wheels and shit. I just wish this game would go back to kicking peoples' asses.

And as for Dismantle's "build" getting... dismantled, you can't just stand in Arena forever just showing your dick to everyone and bragging about it. Part of pvp's evolution is adapting to it. If you can't do it, well... you're fucked.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
I didn't anticipate using this gif twice today but Rlowe you are...

🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Jun 10, 2016, 6:27:04 PM
"
MullaXul wrote:
"
Let this be a lesson, Dismantle. And really to any other pvper out there.

Don't be some asshole with poor sportsmanship and don't be a braggart. You can't stay "on top" forever. We all go down eventually.

And being an ass won't make people sympathise with you one bit. When you're a dick to everyone and bragging about how great you think you are, people will take extra joy in watching you fall, as you can see.

Maybe from here on out, you should try a little something called "humility."

I don't know it was always pretty obvious to me Dismantle was just a troll trying to piss off nerds. You couldn't/shouldn't take him seriously at any time haha.

You have always been the smart one .. I would beat you and you knew I was a nice guy just trolling. Haha
"
puregodly wrote:
"
MullaXul wrote:
"
Let this be a lesson, Dismantle. And really to any other pvper out there.

Don't be some asshole with poor sportsmanship and don't be a braggart. You can't stay "on top" forever. We all go down eventually.

And being an ass won't make people sympathise with you one bit. When you're a dick to everyone and bragging about how great you think you are, people will take extra joy in watching you fall, as you can see.

Maybe from here on out, you should try a little something called "humility."

I don't know it was always pretty obvious to me Dismantle was just a troll trying to piss off nerds. You couldn't/shouldn't take him seriously at any time haha.

You have always been the smart one .. I would beat you and you knew I was a nice guy just trolling. Haha

Yes "beat" me, haha. It's all good Dismantle I know your game man.

By the way what ever happened to Dukan? I haven't seen him in a long time in PvP. He was like you, if you actually made effort to attack + be tanky instead of just troll.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info