Mathil's Shield Charge FaceBreaker - The... Pinball?

Would using CoH/vuln and HoI be a good combo along HoA? That would reserve less mana...
"
drwranck wrote:
Would using CoH/vuln and HoI be a good combo along HoA? That would reserve less mana...

On a Facebreaker RT build, the damage from HoI alone isn't enough to cause freeze in any kind of reliable way (remember, it has to deal like 5% of targets hp at least and proc the chance to freeze since we don't crit).

Maybe if you did a Rigwald's Curse crit variant, that would make it more reliable and could make AoE a bit bigger on non-Slayer variants (say a Rigwald's Curse Raider variant of the build).
But in that case I would prob. rather run HoI and Hatred to maximize the frost damage, and in turn the HoI effectiveness.
Last edited by Garrygoth on Jun 30, 2016, 1:35:00 AM
I was just trying to figure out a way to curse without reserving that much mana as using blasphemy. While using Hoi or even HoT we can increase the dps... i liked the Hoi non reflect part.
I tried this great Mathil's build too (thanks for sharing Mathil :)). Few minor changes push survivability of Shield Charge Slayer quite a bit. I use Herald of Ash + Determination Aura.

Armour rating sits at 16,5K or so unbuffed (no flask). Can take some hits from Uber Itzaro and map bosses. I use CwDT + Temporal Chains for now, maybe i swap vulnerability/Enfeeble in.

Current gear:

Edit: Damage per use sits at 10K or so while frenzy charges are on. Need to check chieftain DPS ingame. Damage isn't isuue in tier 13 maps (dont have higher ones atm), so another offensive aura/herald isn't needed for now.
Last edited by Blade_Master on Jun 30, 2016, 8:24:13 AM
"
skyscan wrote:
Physical damage isn't much of a threat now.. https://youtu.be/ZxAKZ2nJHPQ

I went Juggernaut and I'm using an abyssus. The Unrelenting ascendency makes endurance charges gives 6% damage and if you were to gain 1 endurance charge you gain all of them. You also take 8% reduced ele damage. The other keynode I took was Unyielding which is a 30% damage boost with fortify on you in addition to increased fortify effectiveness.

I did Uber Lab at lvl 70. Dropped resolute technique for Undeniable ascendancy node. I have 3k accuracy rating (94% chance to hit) so that's an extra 15% attack speed

I found this version to be much stronger. My only thing to do now is get mana leech on my accessories so I can drop blasph->warlord's in favor of Hatred.

This is my passive tree at level 73

This is my gear (abyssus,great old ones, facebreakers, meginords). I happen to have a 10-20 meginords, but I've been corrupting the 5-15 ones in hopes of a +1 endurance charge. Currently my max endurance charges is 8

gear

I don't like the bringer of rain version because it requires you to use purity of elements or passive into more element resistances. The chest piece I have on now was like ~20c in standard

Yo Skyscan! I'm gonna try your verision of this build because I like the juggernaut better when playing HC. I have a tendancy to die a lot in HC and this time I dont wanna RIP... Could you please give some advice on where to go first in the passive tree? And at what level did you start using shield charge? I am currently only level 28. Cheers mate!
Hey Mathil, thanks for the awesome build. I really like the mechanics of this build, it's just so much fun! But I'm currently struggling about the question of which unique chest armour i should take or should i just take a 5l/6l rare one? I'm not sure if it's really that better. I would really appreciate if someone could explain me what option the best one is for this build. In addition feel free to give me some tips about my gear/skilltree. I would love to get some feedback!
Thanks
Last edited by Akimbow on Jul 2, 2016, 11:20:03 AM
Guys where are the skill tree links?
How do you manage mana? I'm playing that tree, got almost all the gear... but am absolutely unable to spam it, unless I use a Blood Magic gem. What am I missing?
"

How do you manage mana? I'm playing that tree, got almost all the gear... but am absolutely unable to spam it, unless I use a Blood Magic gem. What am I missing?

Mana leech on physical damage on ur amulet/rings
"
yeessen wrote:
Mana leech on physical damage on ur amulet/rings

Of course... works kinda right, well much better, but against very small packs or a boss, its really not enough. Hmm. Got ONE ring with 0.39% phys dmg as mana... I either need mana regen or much more mana leech. Any more ideas?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info