Mathil's Shield Charge FaceBreaker - The... Pinball?

What skills do I use to level with this build? I've just been following the guide passive tree but leveling is really slow. I'm lvl 33 atm.
I would just level as 2h eq. Buy a cauterizer and you should be good until like 60-70. Switch over whenever you get the gear for it. 4l eq-melee phys-less duration-added fire. It's pretty much 1 eq and next pack
acct/nick- lildonut
Last edited by lildonut on Jun 19, 2016, 8:41:50 PM
"
lildonut wrote:
I would just level as 2h eq. Buy a cauterizer and you should be good until like 60-70. Switch over whenever you get the gear for it. 4l eq-melee phys-less duration-added fire. It's pretty much 1 eq and next pack

OK, tyvm, I'll give this a try.
"
sutasafaia wrote:
"
skyscan wrote:
Physical damage isn't much of a threat now.. https://youtu.be/ZxAKZ2nJHPQ

I went Juggernaut and I'm using an abyssus. The Unrelenting ascendency makes endurance charges gives 6% damage and if you were to gain 1 endurance charge you gain all of them. You also take 8% reduced ele damage. The other keynode I took was Unyielding which is a 30% damage boost with fortify on you in addition to increased fortify effectiveness.

I did Uber Lab at lvl 70. Dropped resolute technique for Undeniable ascendancy node. I have 3k accuracy rating (94% chance to hit) so that's an extra 15% attack speed

I found this version to be much stronger. My only thing to do now is get mana leech on my accessories so I can drop blasph->warlord's in favor of Hatred.

This is my passive tree at level 73

This is my gear (abyssus,great old ones, facebreakers, meginords). I happen to have a 10-20 meginords, but I've been corrupting the 5-15 ones in hopes of a +1 endurance charge. Currently my max endurance charges is 8

gear

I don't like the bringer of rain version because it requires you to use purity of elements or passive into more element resistances. The chest piece I have on now was like ~20c in standard

How do you manage your endurance charges? Is your ascendancy enough to not need any other support for them?

Not to mention, the loss of AoE and (potential) uber leeching that slayer can give if you give up impact and get fervour instead, and of course cull. I've never personally been a fan of on-kill setups and slayer is basically nothing but, so if you think jugg might actually outplay it I would be thrilled, but slayer seems like it has so many nice toys.

Warlord's mark = 2% mana/life leech, endurance charge on kills. I've actually stopped using it though.

I recently discovered this hilarious flask

This gives me 8 endurance charges on use. Lol. Oh and that 10% life that it takes from me? That can proc immortal call. And it's a mana pot. Yup.. sooo yeah it works out nicely

The thing is, this build is going to have an easy time mapping no matter what ascendency you choose. Yes, slayer kills trash the best (mostly because of the increased aoe), but that was already an easy task. It has trouble with boss fights and I think juggernaught is much stronger against bosses. This is doubly true if you're farming uber-lab.

With 8 endurance charges + immortal call physical damage is a non-issue. By the time immortal duration ends (it's over 6 seconds long at CoDT 1 IC 3) your life regen will have brought you back up to full life. And that's not even including the life leech you may have done. What jugg also gives is 8% reduced ele damage.

Also, I've decided to try out Unbreakable instead of Undeniable. Unbreakable gives a huge amount of armor and stun immunity.

I'm level 80 now with okay gear and I'm still 1-shotting trash packs in t4-8 maps, though sometimes rares will survive and require 2 hits. I got annoyed trying to keep my golem alive so I'm using rallying cry though I'm positive it isn't as strong, just a QoL thing for me personally.

updatedgear

Last edited by FoldedCorner on Jun 19, 2016, 11:19:59 PM
Sounds interesting for sure. By the way, you killed your updated passive tree when you edited :P

Also, what was your ascendancy order? They all seem tempting to aim for first.
Last edited by sutasafaia on Jun 20, 2016, 12:27:55 AM
Does anyone try blasphemy with warlord's mark instead of vulneralibity? Takin out Vulen curse is to big dps lost for build?
Honestly I almost never bother with vuln. When you're dashing around the enemies don't even have time to register the curse before they die. The only time it helps (at least from what I've seen) is against tougher enemies that actually survive a hit. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe the enemies are cursed even though they don't show the mark over their heads, but they melt so fast who knows?
What is the best investment for ascendancy points as a duelist?

Thank you.
the build is extremely dangerous to play in maps t9+, especially in maps that have a lot of nasty mods, expect to die once in a while.
I have a hard time generating endurance charges with shield charge + warlords mark.
Anyone else expierencing this?
I one shot packs of 10 - 15 mobs and often dont get even one charge out of it, even though the curse is highlighted above their head.

Someone else using WM and expirience the same?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info