Mathil's Shield Charge FaceBreaker - The... Pinball?

Ran across my first echoing shrine with this build last night (twice actually).

If you haven't experienced this yet you're in for a treat. I cleared 80% of dried lake before it ran out.

funny as hell.
how is the new voidheart ring for this build?
why does conc effect not work with totem? doesn't show in tooltip ?
What one hander will work best if you want to skip FAcebreakers?
Hi Mathil, can you post gems&links for the earthquake variation please, and what gloves/boots/helm can I use.
"
I sortof agree. Small sfx-loading lags are a problem for me, and this build really really moves around the map fast. If I did it all again, I might build ghudda's ancestral warchief totem build. But instead of triple totem Templar, I'd probably just build it as a Marauder tank. Honestly, this Mathil build is pretending to be a shield charge build, but it's the ancestral warchief that does all the heavy lifting. Why not drop the pretense of it being a shield charge build and just focus on that totem?

This Mathil shield charge build is, however, incredibly fun. So there's that.

I really don't agree that the totem is doing all the heavy lifting. Once you are well geared you literally only drop it on bosses... and with my endgame setup my shield charge alone (with conc effect swap for aoe) is killing t10-13 bosses in a couple seconds. For example, with current gear I am getting 82k shield charge per hit at 4.1 aps (330k + dps). It is strong enough on it's own that I am considering dropping the totem altogether in order to fit in hatred + hoa + vuln - blasph at the same time (picking up 2 mana nodes in tree + elreon ring). This way I can min/max around pure shield charge.
My only current gripe is that the totem doesn't activate rampage, and since the totem is your boss killer it seems really counter productive.
Honestly, I don't use my almighty totem that much, almost only out for last boss's map, and I could manage to do without it if I had to.

I made a video of my character on his first george map at level 82, I used the totem twice and it seems unecessary : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWTGLzNGk4w

Since then my character's equipement has improve and everything is dying as quick as a single shield charge in T10 map.

More important for me, you're insanly quick and that's make it really fun to play :)
Can anyone share the berserker variant of this build (skill tree and possible adjustments)? thanks in advance.
Last edited by GΩD on Jun 17, 2016, 5:48:58 AM
Can I get any advice on whether I should put Phy damage or life on this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info