Maurauder Shield Build Help please

Hey, this is the link to my current Shield Build. What do you think about it? I'm just thinking about the 3 Elemental Weapon Damage Nodes, cause i don't know if it is sensefull while using axe,mace ? Please note, that i just want to have a heavy Block Chance, cause i got the Shield Suffell's Frame (http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Unique_Shields#Aegis_Aurora)

My question is what can i improve in my build, and what skills are usfull?
Atm i think about using Anger and Wrath, Tempest Shield, and for Main attacks Shield Charge and Cleave. Should i think about using Arc or Lightning strike? Can i use support gem on Tempest shield? And should i use support gem elemental weapon damage?

The main point is that im not sure about the sense of elemental damage, cause i dont know if the weapons i use really deal a lot of ele dmg.

Thanks

Link to my build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecEswUtBjkM9xhdGS4aMho4GlUdFB8CJ-0oxSlPKw0yiTWANsU26DbpOtg8LUZpTDVN2E99UFBRYFRJVcZXDVfiWGNYr14TXz9gS2EhZKNmnmoeb4RwfXTtd2J35XnAeu9-4oBWgpuE74XFh2qIuox2jM-PRpBVm4Odrp7NoLSiAKcIpzCnhKgYqZWsr69stPm53cAaw4bEFcT2xYrG2M9l0NDSIdgk2WHjauZ851LnkenV7Dju2e8O8B_yL_MG877z3fZI-tL7gfuq_c8=
Last edited by Defloration on Feb 19, 2013, 5:26:35 AM
You don't really need a lot of block if you're using saffel's frame. 85% elmenental resistance and 50% block is more than enough. There's a 75% block cap, though that might not apply to spell block. If you plan on going into melee range, you should get higher hp or offense because flask aren't going to save you.
Ign: UnbreakableChains
Please pm me if I win anything.
Thanks for your answer. I count the Shield Bock Nodes +4% Tempest Shield +26% Shield block from Shield and got arround 74% Blockchance. With 113% converterd to Spell Block i got 83,6% Blockchance. What you mean is that the highest rate could be 75%?

Could you also tell something about spells i should use?

And what nodes would you take exactly?

Greetings ;)
Currently running a 73% block chance and 37% spell block build with the aegis aurora. I can tank any small melee hits and void bearers only regen my energy shield. Also if your energy shield drops low just pop granite and your energy shield instantly goes full if you block one attack. Give it a try I am currently running 3.3k life with 1.2k es and haven't died at all in any map up to 70 so far. (Haven't gotten a 70+ map yet)

Edit: I use the unique amulet for the spell block
IGN: GoForthPew
Last edited by Whathappen on Feb 19, 2013, 10:46:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info