Mechanical Questions Thread

Except from critical chance and chance to ignite, does resitance play any role in getting a monster ignited?

For example, if i run fire penetration, will this mean a higher ignite chance?
Hi Mark,
Thanks for taking the time to look at these questions! I have one for you:

When using RF-Totems together with the Chieftan Ascendency Node Hinekora, does the 1% leech proc? The wording makes it sound like it should, but RF isn't a hit per se, so I think maybe it doesn't. Is this similar to the effect on the Trolltimber shield?

Best wishes
Hello.
Several months ago, you said you were going to add other translations. Is that still the plan? will add the French or German for example?
http://www.path-of-exile.fr/
"
aerao wrote:
Hello.
Several months ago, you said you were going to add other translations. Is that still the plan? will add the French or German for example?

Not a mechanical question i think.

Lets get another one:

This is regarding:
Curses, Blaspheny, Hexproof, Maps

There are mapscurses ("Players are cursed with x" in a map)

1. Are mapcurses equivalent to area-global-blasphemy?

2. Are multiple Curses handeled as multiple triggers or as one trigger applying multiple curses?

3. Why doesn't the Flask Mod "removes curses from player" and "immunity to curses while flaskeffect" counteract the mapcurses?

4. Are Mapcurses in any way involved with Hexproof?

Last edited by asmodan90 on Jun 29, 2016, 5:33:18 AM
Hi,
how much and what type of damage will I take to life and mana if I'm wearing a lightning coil, mind of the council, and have the passives mind over matter and hierophant's divine guidance and take a 1000 physical damage hit or a 1000 lightning damage hit?
Marylene's Fallacy, Lapis Amulet says:"Non-critical strikes deal 40% Damage", it will affect DoT? (since DoT always can't HIT and deal critical strike damage)

I mean, if i use righteous fire, it will deal 60% less damage or not? If i use a fire skill(such as fireball) and it cause ignite, the ignite damage will deal 60% less damage?

"
UrielGB wrote:
Does Orb of Storms benefits from Area Damage? The wiki states that it does not do Area Damage, it only uses the AoE to target enemies. So if I support it with Concentrated Effect it will only reduce the AoE where it targets enemies or will it also increase the damage?

The wiki is correct. Conc will only reduce its targeting radius.
Pretty easy to tell in-game :P
"
chikkivasan wrote:
Does Ranger Deadeye ascendancy point "Rupture" work with Siege Ballista (or any other totem for that matter) ?

Yes. Totems use your offensive stats.
"
XxDarkHorseXx wrote:
Hi Mark. Why is CWDT allowed to trigger from exploding barrels and other environmental assets that explode or deal damage? Excluding anything cast by mobs/bosses or dropped on death from mobs/bosses.

Because you're taking Damage, and Cast when Damage Taken responds to... Damage Taken.
"
Syrou wrote:
Except from critical chance and chance to ignite, does resitance play any role in getting a monster ignited?

Nope.
"
HotPoker wrote:
When using RF-Totems together with the Chieftan Ascendency Node Hinekora, does the 1% leech proc? The wording makes it sound like it should, but RF isn't a hit per se, so I think maybe it doesn't. Is this similar to the effect on the Trolltimber shield?

Damage over Time cannot Leech.
Hi GGG and community.
Are there any plans on boosting Ranged Attack Totem damage?

You made some changes with Spell Totem Support, which was useful before the Prophecy (for example Bladefall Totems/Spark Totems with Voltaxic etc).
It will be nice to test some Ranged Attack Totem Support combinations with damage increase the same way as Spell version.

Cheers.
Hi Team,

Thanks for great free-to-play game and its mechanics. I played this game for 4 years with out any money donation because I want to give you my own money. Last year Aug 2015 I got job,and happy I supported this game but I didn't buy any supported packs because they are very expensive at single shot to buy from my country currency exchange like 68 times. I enjoyed my 3 years of engineering life by playing your game.

@Chris why only one last map in rare and remaining all are normal in your signature pic?

@Team

Is there any reason for no permadeath in HC while chars are moved to SC ?

Which games you bought for this steam summer sale?

How many games do you guys own?

In your team who will play games most time even in office ?

Hi GGG,
Here are some of my annoying questions for you - and thanks for doing this Q&A, your interaction with the community is what makes GGG such an awesome developer!

1. Can you disclose the actual trigger radius of traps & mines? In case that there is no constant value for all traps and mines, can you list each individual value?

2. Regarding the Detonate Mines Gem: I do understand that Multistrike and Spell Echo are only supposed to work on 'self-use' skills, but it also does not work with the Detonate Mines gem, which basically is a linkable active skill representation of the players innate ability to detonate mines. Faster Casting and trigger gems do work with it and I see no reason why Spell Echo shouldn't work with it unless I missed something, so why does it not work?
(The only use case for this would probably be Tremor Rod or any future unique / mechanic comparable to the 'x% for traps to trigger an additional time' from the Saboteur's Chain Reaction and the Unstable Payload unique jewel.)

3. Probably less of a mechanic question but more of a QoL UI / data representation quesiton: PoE has some 'more complex' skills that 'have multiple parts' which may or may not are affected by different tags. A classic example would be Lightning Strike or Molten Strike, each having a melee part responding to 'Attack', 'Melee' and either 'Fire' or 'Lightning' and a second part responding to 'Attack', 'Projectile', an elemental tag and AoE in the case of Molten Strikes Projectiles. Was there ever the thought of making the skill descriptions of those skills more clear? E.g. by having a subsection for each part?

Some examples with makeshift xml for comprehensibility
Example: Molten Strike
Spoiler

This:
<skill>
<name>Molten Strike
<global>
<tags>Attack, Fire
(other information, general description & skill information)
</global>
<subsection>
Active Skill ~ <additional tags>Melee
(description of the main attack)
</subsection>
<subsection>
Spawned Projectiles ~ <additional tags>Projectile, AoE
(description of the spawned projectiles)
</subsection>
</skill>

Instead of:
Molten Strike
Projectile, Attack, AoE, Melee, Fire
(...)
Deals (120.0 to 146.6)% of Base Attack Damage
60% of Physical Damage Converted to Fire Damage
2 additional Projectiles
40% less Projectile Damage

Example: Ball Lightning
Spoiler

This:
<skill>
<name>Ball Lightning
<global>
<tags>Projectile, Spell, Lightning
(other information, general description & skill information)
</global>
<subsection>
Active Skill ~ <additional tags>AoE
(description of the moving projectile)
</subsection>
<subsection>
Bolts of Lightning ~ <additional tags>(none)
(description of the damaging bolts)
Deals (2 to 14)-(32 to 260) Lightning Damage
</subsection>
</skill>

Instead of:
Ball Lightning
Projectile, Spell, AoE, Lightning
(...)
Deals x - y Lightning Damage

4. How many of you are playing Magic the Gathering? I've been a long time player of it (since elementary) and PoE is one of the few games that drive me into most/all of the 'psychographical profiles' that Mark Rosewater descibes. This is a very geeky compliment.
Last edited by Edotee on Jun 29, 2016, 10:29:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info