Mechanical Questions Thread

Hey. I am writing to inquire about 3.6 new unique The Eternity Shroud. If mine could trigger "Hits ignore Enemy Monster Chaos Resistance if all Equipped Items are Shaper Items" ?
Hey could you explain how the new spreading rot jewel works?
Does it apply a stack of wither per cast of blight?

Also how does cooldown recovery works? If I have 100%cdr on vortex 1.8sec cd, it becomes 0.9sec, and if I have 200% cooldown recovery speed the cd then becomes 0.45 sec?
Last edited by TheKingRegulus on Mar 13, 2019, 2:03:53 AM
Where is the consecrated ground created when affected by the zealotry aura? Under yourself, or on the enemy it hits?
Hi, I have a few questions regarding HoI and inpulsa. Having dug around, it seems that when a monster dies frozen and shocked, both explosions from HoI and inpulsa go off. However, a couple of things are still unclear to me.

1. If a monster dies frozen and shocked, and both explosions trigger, which explosion is applied first to nearby monsters?

2. This is related to question 1. If i link HoI - Culling strike - Innervate, will i get the innervate buff when i equip inpulsas and kill an enemy that is shocked and frozen?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

I really need some verification.

Does Storm Brand's "50% More Damage to Branded Enemies" affect Decay on that branded enemy?

Meaning, that Decay's own damage gets that 50% More Damage, but only on that branded enemy.

Also, when Decay is attached to a Brand skill, does it take on the Brand tag?

Much like how attaching Decay to Shockwave Totem makes Decay itself gain from "Increased Totem Damage".

Any kind of mechanic help is appreciated regarding this, since there is no Tooltip for Decay and it's damage at all.
Hello, a question on game mechanic I would like to clear through some examples: The Damage over Time stacking of Chaos damage of Essence drain and Bane

I understand from the wiki that Damage over time does not stack, but I would like to have the mechanic more precisely described.
The figures are not realistic but that's for the sake of simplicity. Let's say my character has:

> For Essence drain 10 Chaos DoT per second during 3 seconds (total damage 30)
> For Bane 5 Chaos Dot per second during 4 seconds (total damage 20)

Example A/ If I cast and touch a mob with ED twice with a 1 second difference, am I going to make :

1- 10 dot/second during 3 seconds, total 30 damage (= the second touch does not have any impact as long as the first is still "active")

2- 10 dot/second during 4 seconds, total 40 damage (= the second touch refreshes the duration but does not "stack" the damage)

3- 10 damage the first second, 20 the second and third, and 10 the fourth for a total of 60 damage (the two touches are stacked each according to its own characteristics)

Example B/ Same question with Bane (=is the solution to example 1 dependent on the skill or not)? the figures would be:

1- 5 dot/second during 4 seconds, total 20
2- 5 dot/second during 5 seconds, total 25
3- 5 damage second 1, 10 seconds 2,3 and 4, 5 second 5 for a total of 40 damage.

Example C/ Same question with ED+Bane : What happens if I use ED and Bane 1 sec later? Are they treated independently (and therefore stack) or not? The figures would be:

1- 10 dot/second during 3 seconds, total 30 damage (= Bane is not taken into account as it arrives when ED is still active)

2- 10 dot/second during 3 seconds, then 5 damage during 1 second, total 35 (=Bane counts only when ED is "over")

3- 15 dot/second during 3 seconds, then 5 damage during 1 second, total 50 (=ED and Bane are treated independently and therefore "stack" damage.

Would you have the answer (1/2/3 or something else) for the 3 examples and can confirm the explanations? That would be helpful in understanding the game mechanics.
Hello guys,

I am testing "cast when damage taken" and i have a question. I have linked to it immortal call and molten shell. I noticed that immortal call got triggered a lot, meanwhile molten shell almost never pop up. Both of these spell should be triggered after 2184 damage taken, so i am not sure about what is going on.

Can someone explain to me how could I have both the spells been triggered regularly?

Many Thanks.
Does using 2 new spreading rot jewels apply 2 withered per blight hit?
Or what is the benefit of going for 2 jewels instead of just 1 other than for the slow (trivial).

Does using multiple totems and 2/3 totems spamming blight apply it (withered) twice / thrice as fast?

thanks
At mangiacadaveri83

"I am testing "cast when damage taken" and i have a question. I have linked to it immortal call and molten shell. I noticed that immortal call got triggered a lot, meanwhile molten shell almost never pop up. Both of these spell should be triggered after 2184 damage taken, so i am not sure about what is going on."

Several possible things I can see:
- the level limit: did it happen that, at the time you were leveling the gems, the molten shell was too high a level for CWDT to trigger it?
- Are you refering to the detonation of molten shell or to the buff? The detonation has its own counter after it is cast.
- Molten strike lasts, but immortal call does not. Could it be that immortal call was triggered at a time molten strke could not (buff still up)

Hope this might help.
@Stil21

Several possible things I can see:
- the level limit: did it happen that, at the time you were leveling the gems, the molten shell was too high a level for CWDT to trigger it?
- Are you refering to the detonation of molten shell or to the buff? The detonation has its own counter after it is cast.
- Molten strike lasts, but immortal call does not. Could it be that immortal call was triggered at a time molten strke could not (buff still up)

Thank you for the reply,

- no, both the skills are way lower level than CWDT;
- I am referring to the buff itself, the "armor" and not to the detonation;
- Neither this, because IC got usually triggered first, while MS is not triggered at all.

I expected to see them both triggered together but as posted earlier, usually MS got triggered less than IC.
I may try some other Spell just to see if i have a different outcome.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info