Mechanical Questions Thread

Hello Guys and girls.
I Enjoy the game for long time now. I Recently started to explore the forum so now it's time to shine.

We all do face the same problem in poe atm. Lab Enchantments are way to hard to farm and it's getting worse every patch. (i guess now that poe is getting even more money and worker in development, it wont getting better..)

Im not rich enough to talk to developers on my own to design a item that might solve this problem so here are my thoughts. (excuse me if some1 else did that b4, maybe i got some new directions.. anyway..) how about a new prophacy that allows you to extract the next enchantment u get from divine altar? or maybe an item that allows itself to extract it. (but i guess it seems to crazy mechanic for an item e.g. helmet) maybe a room like double vaaling in the incursion temple..

there are many ways out there to fix it. i guess extracting the enchantment would be enough.. you still need to farm, but you dont need to farm good bases aswell.. thats too much time waist in my opinion.

so guys, what you think?

for me there is only left to say
thank you ggg for doin what so many other dudes not did. making a solid arpg in time where no1 else saw hope.
"
yqo wrote:
Hello Guys and girls.
I Enjoy the game for long time now. I Recently started to explore the forum so now it's time to shine.

We all do face the same problem in poe atm. Lab Enchantments are way to hard to farm and it's getting worse every patch. (i guess now that poe is getting even more money and worker in development, it wont getting better..)

Im not rich enough to talk to developers on my own to design a item that might solve this problem so here are my thoughts. (excuse me if some1 else did that b4, maybe i got some new directions.. anyway..) how about a new prophacy that allows you to extract the next enchantment u get from divine altar? or maybe an item that allows itself to extract it. (but i guess it seems to crazy mechanic for an item e.g. helmet) maybe a room like double vaaling in the incursion temple..

there are many ways out there to fix it. i guess extracting the enchantment would be enough.. you still need to farm, but you dont need to farm good bases aswell.. thats too much time waist in my opinion.

so guys, what you think?

for me there is only left to say
thank you ggg for doin what so many other dudes not did. making a solid arpg in time where no1 else saw hope.

this isn't the right thread for this post, try making a new thread in feedback/suggestions
Hi guys!
Tell me please why multiple totems support doesnt work with Tukohama"s Vanguards raised as specters?
Multiple Totems Support can support totem skills like Decoy Totem, skills supported by Ranged Attack Totem Support and Spell Totem Support, or minions who can cast a totems (raises as spectres by Raise Spectre).
Am igetting something wrong?
Not sure if it's the right thread, but here I go: I died two times to the boss on Defiled Cathedral and I'm not sure which skill of his did I not see or understand. My second death was AFTER I already killed him; my hp pool just took a nosedive rapidly, like bleeding on steroids.

Was it those red lasers circling around? And what type of damage is it exactly?
Hey, I was hoping you could help me with a mechanics question I haven't figured out how to test in game. If I'm using Pathfinder's nature's reprisal to spread poisons on mob death, does that stack with using a Bino's kitchen knife, and if so how? Do I spread two copies of the biggest poison, or one of the two highest, or only one at all? Can I use 2 binos to spread more poisons? Do they have the same radius? Thanks in advance!
"
loldan wrote:
Does the delay between spark hits of the same cast get reduced by cool down recovery?

No, this mechanic should be independent from cooldowns as far as I know.

"
The_Jacmac wrote:
Hello, a quick question, I'm sure it's been answered before but I couldn't find an official statement / answer on it, only hearsay.

Party Loot Bonuses. Do they only apply if the other players are close enough to get EXP or do they apply globally to the instance, like the monster health modifier?

I.E, If my friend afk's at the start of a map and I clear it, do I get the bonus quantity without him being nearby, or do I only get the extra difficulty?

Thanks in advance.

Loot and exp bonuses apply based on the number of players in a certain range of the killed enemy, roughly 2 screens, I believe, so an afk player will not significantly affect your loot. At best you could have them stay in the middle of City Square or something.

"
rbFrosty wrote:
Hi Mark.

I'm curious about the interaction between Tornado Shot, Rigwalds Quills and the newly updated Slivertongue Bow for patch 3.5.

According to the patch notes, Slivertongue no longer causes arrows to pierce all targets after chaining, or arrows that pierce to inflict bleeding.Now causes arrows to pierce all targets after forking. It instead now grants arrows that fork 150-200% increased Critical Strike Chance, and arrows that pierce +50% Critical Strike Multiplier.

Assuming no other source of Pierce / Fork / Chain other than Slivertongue and Rigwalds Quills, how is damage calculated for the following situations?

It is my understanding that the initial projectiles of Tornado Shot have innate pierce (before exploding and splitting into multiple projectiles). Does this count as pierce as far as Slivertongue's crit multiplier bonus is concerned?

Also, once the initial TS projectiles explode and split into the subsequent projectiles, the new projectiles will Fork once they come into contact with an enemy due to Rigwalds Quills. Do these projectiles get Slivertongue's crit chance bonus once they hit a target and then pierce, or is it only after they have forked that the crit chance bonus applies?

As a disclaimer I'd like to mention that the wiki page for projectiles is pretty outdated (still references chance to pierce instead of a set count of remaining pierces on a projectile), so my conjectures may be inaccurate.

From my understanding, the secondary projectiles of Tornado Shot are "the same projectile", and projectiles that pierce, fork, and chain, are definitely the same. This means that a projectile that pierces should also be a projectile that forks, if it has a remaining fork.

Keep in mind that a projectile that forks is not a projectile that forked.

Based on this, even the primary projectile hits should benefit not only from the 50% critical strike multiplier, but also the increased critical strike chance.

The secondary projectiles should however not benefit from the critical strike multiplier when they fork, and only the critical strike multiplier but not the chance afterwards.

If another source of pierce is present, the secondary projectiles should retain both bonuses until they stop piercing and fork instead.

"
Nigen wrote:
Good day!

Tell me please how ir works - "You have onslaught duaring doul gain prevention".
I cant get this effect, unslaught never works. What;s wrong?

https://ibb.co/10Yx1LB
screen: https://ibb.co/10Yx1LB
Thx!

Soul gain prevention is a state immediately after using a Vaal Skill or while being affected by Gluttony of Elements. The duration depends on the skill and can be scaled with modifiers to skill duration and specific modifiers to soul gain prevention duration.

If you are able to gain souls for a vaal skill, you will not be affected by any such conditional modifiers.
We need a tool, for something easily show our allocated jewels in our passive trees among our characters. Something like poe.ninja/builds offer for the ladders, but for our own account characters. Possible?
Best way to discover colors for your loot filter
https://pixlr.com/editor/ | IGN: Spear
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.0Ghz | GPU: Radeon Series | OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Mouse: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Monitor: Acer Predator
Dying Sun + Increased Flask Effect + Winter Orb:

Is it still possible to get +3 Proj from Dying Sun with increased Flask Effect and if so, does it get rounded to 50% from 26% or do you need at least 50% increased effect?

Just found a thread about it in 2.6 times where the way of rounding was somehow changed.

Im playing around with +life gain on hit by spells on shaped rings and it seems to work pretty good/even better than warlordsmark and for that mechanic you want as many projectiles as possible right?
hi

Is it real to assamble 7000 clear points of health without Mind over Matter

Thanks
Does an item with a quality higher than 20% have a higher chance to become 6 linked than an item with a quality at 20%, or is the bonus from quality capped at 20%?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info