Mechanical Questions Thread

How does the damage per endurance charge from unyielding works? Cause it doesn't seem to give the REAL 5% per charge. So how that DAMAGE scales with a skill?
"
Slaenesjh wrote:
Might be jumping the gun here a little bit; my questions around the new ice spear changes and the duration to ‘arm.’ In the announcement post, it stated that this is based on the distance travelled (so I presume that projectile speed won’t affect this) but what about if you add chain into the mix? Currently you can chain ice spear (I believe) in its second form as the pierce occurs before arming. With this reversing, chain can still occur before the arming, but not after. With this in mind, does the distance to arm reset upon chain or will it just end up not fulfilling the additional chain(s) due to the set distance travelled? Or because an element of the skill has pierce , will chain not work at all?

From the wiki article on Point Blank, which I believe is applicable to this situation:
"
Fork, pierce and chain
A projectile which pierces, chains or forks is still considered the same projectile, and its total travel distance is used.

The spears should arm at a specified distance travelled and shoot into their new directions if they forked or chained before then.

"
siMoK wrote:
hey there i got a question:
im playing ek(ethereal knives) right now and i was wondering how herald of ice explosions and the "shocked enemies you kill explode, dealing 10% of their maximum life as lightning damage wich cannot shock" from the chest "inpulsa's broken heart" interact together, since i only hear enemys shattering cause of my crit but never hear any corpses explode when i kill them. is the inpulsas worthless in that case since herald of ice happens first? would be cool if you could explain that to me.

As far as I know, on-death explosions should stack. It's possible that their visual or audio effects don't stack though. It might however also be possible that your enemies weren't shocked.

Other than that, the item is popularly used in builds that allow Herald of Ice to shock and its own explosions to freeze, creating chain reactions, so it's definitely not useless. You need to figure out whether it's useful for your build of course.

"
NarutoxKurama wrote:
How does the damage per endurance charge from unyielding works? Cause it doesn't seem to give the REAL 5% per charge. So how that DAMAGE scales with a skill?

It's normally additive with all other global applicable increases and reductions to the damage you deal.

Check out the wiki for more details. Such increases are listed as global modifiers in the third step of the damage calculation.
If skill's damage ranges for example from 3000 - 12000 does it always hit the same?
"
NarutoxKurama wrote:
If skill's damage ranges for example from 3000 - 12000 does it always hit the same?

Not sure if I understood the question correctly but, a range means it can be any number between the min and max, calculated randomly per hit (or per use of the skill, not exactly sure).
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
I'm playing in the standard with my character DesertYeshi

The problem is that I can not get Elder's Orb, it seems like a bug.

I finished all the Atlas quests and recovered all of the Shaper's memory fragments for Zana.

I have discovered the Shaper's secrets.

I have banished the Elder.

But Zana did not give me the Elder's Orb, it's not in hiding (on left) and it's not in The Templar Laboratory (on right).

And there's no more quest to do.

My Atlas is complete.

This is my atlas before you start making the guardians.

Inside The Templar Laboratory.

I think this was a bug.
Can you help me with this?
I need Elder's Orb.

SOLVED

I logged in on another character and it was there in the zana.

Last edited by Sleeptwist on Nov 1, 2018, 10:50:37 AM
I had exactly the same problem with picking up the Elder's Orb on standard. I killed Shaper but I had no Zana's dialogue option to take the orb. However, I was able to obtain it by talking to Zana with character other than the one that killed the Shaper and completed "Sanity's Requiem" quest. I happened right after 3.2.0 was released. Interestingly, I am still unable to re-take Elder's Orb from Zana with that character (and one another for some reason) after I un-shape an elder's map...
[/quote]
From the wiki article on Point Blank, which I believe is applicable to this situation:
"
Fork, pierce and chain
A projectile which pierces, chains or forks is still considered the same projectile, and its total travel distance is used.

The spears should arm at a specified distance travelled and shoot into their new directions if they forked or chained before then.

That’s a good spot, I didn’t think of Point Blank being as similar but I guess they do share some commin mechanics. A bit of a shame as it means you’re a little bit limited in how you build around the new ice spear when it comes to chaining. Perhaps a new threshold jewel that reverses the mechanisms like what cold snap had?
Lets say EQ has 40k dps shown on skill. Is that with aftershock or no?

If no i can count the dps: First hit 100% + aftershock 170% = 270% 40000*2,7 = 108000 right? with a duration equal to attack time
Last edited by NarutoxKurama on Nov 1, 2018, 11:59:36 AM
"
NarutoxKurama wrote:
Lets say EQ has 40k dps shown on skill. Is that with aftershock or no?

If no i can count the dps: First hit 100% + aftershock 170% = 270% 40000*2,7 = 108000 right? with a duration equal to attack time

I'm not an expert on Earthquake, but tooltips are stupid. They can't figure out what secondary effects may or will apply. Your understanding is most likely correct.
Blood of the Karui

It's difficult to transtate what it does.
What is the most important about this life flask?

Thanks
Last edited by Staglaitor_ on Nov 2, 2018, 10:24:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info