Mechanical Questions Thread

Hi Mark!

I would inquire about the DPS of Righteous Fire.

I know there are difficulties in visualisation of the DPS of RF (and some other skills). Can you please explain me how the character screen calculate the DPS of the skills, and why it's imposible for some skills? Maybe Im untutored about the mechanic behind it, but its clear when I offend an enemy with RF the game has to calculate a DMG somehow. So why the game cant calc a DMG for an unexisting enemy without resistances and show it in the character menu?

Its wery dificult to use RF DMG calculators all the time, when I change something on the build and I cant decide which gear is the best.

Many thanks for your reply!
As I play the game with Arc I notice that it doesn't bend around corners and when I play with Chain it does the same, it attacks enemies in my line of site only. Is it because it would become to powerful to killing enemies around the corner or does the game only look for enemies in a Cone in front of the Character model and when the enemy is around the corner it can't "Look" through walls?
From announcements thread:
"
Is there a maximum range I need to be within of monsters killed (by me) to gain experience?

Yes. Experience for a kill is assigned to players within range, regardless of whether any of those players are the ones which killed it.

Do monsters dying to degen when I'm already several screens away still grant experience no matter what?

If you're actually getting "several screens away" before they die, they probably aren't dying at all, since time stops passing for things outside the player's wake range.
So there are 2 distances - one is "exp radius", another is "freeze radius"? Could you please tell us what are they in screens, or in in-game units, or however you could do it?

Also, about taunts - if taunter dies, taunt on monster(s) expires immediately?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
I've got two question, where the first one might not fit for this thread:

The way the Southbound gloves work with totems/traps and DoT is that the kills are awarded to the player, but if I recall correctly someone on GGG stated that this was not how it was intended to work and that a solution was being worked on and that we, as players, shouldn't make builds based upon this interaction. My question: is that interaction still thought of as a bug/unintended feature to be fixed?

Second, more mechanical, question: Does reflected damage inherit tags such as projectile damage? For example, would Titucius' Span have extra armour and block chance vs reflected projectiles?

Thanks for this thread!
Hi Mark,

Does a critical strike have an internal cooldown or will it correspond to my attacks per second?
"
battle12232 wrote:
How do attack totems factor in damage auras?

Totems use your offensive stats, not their own. They can only benefit from defensive Auras. Similarly, they can only have Endurance Charges, because Frenzy/Power Charges have no effect on their Skills.

"
Apatico wrote:
1.- Does tooltip's DPS consider the DoT of skills?
2.- If I had a skill with a chance to bleed or poison effect on it (like reave), would a Rapid Decay gem affect the DoT of that bleed/poison or does it just work with skills that do direct DoT like Contagion?

1. No. Tooltip DPS assumes one Hit per activation.
2. Naturally. Worth noting, Reave does not have a modifiable Duration, and thus cannot be supported by Rapid Decay by default.

"
adarshd wrote:
Does a critical strike have an internal cooldown or will it correspond to my attacks per second?

There is no cooldown on Critical Strikes.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jun 28, 2016, 5:40:42 AM
Playing a guardian with high phys mitigation some questions started to appear:
The physical mitigation percentage is a theoretical value based on your flat physical damage reduction and your armor.

Why is the pysical mitigation hard caped at 90% while you are not using immortal call?

I am pretty confident that in all actuallity getting extra mitigation after that still works but the number will never go over 90%
Now the thing that actually is going to decide if I return to the guardian or stick to necros:

Is the base physical damage mitigation caped at a certain value?

Using the chaos golem, endurance charges, many high effect auras and a basalt flask there are high numbers possible.
Sorry for the long post. In the unlikely event of a short post. There sure is something I should feel sorry about anyway.
The est. Physical Damage Reduction value is capped at 90% because that's what %PDR caps at. Kind of speaks for itself, doesn't it :P
Reduced Damage Taken modifiers apply after %PDR, thus granting greater effective mitigation, but no matter how much fixed %PDR you stack, and even if you have one million Armour (which has been done in-game), %PDR caps at 90%.
You answered the question about flask effectiveness, however you didn't answer this; How does flask effectiveness affect Diamond Flask?
Does number of auras I cast affect rarity items dropped for me ? And how? It seems to me that more auras I cast for party, more items drops for me without touching minions with my spells. Is it correct or not?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info