Mechanical Questions Thread

I don't understand Lightning Mirage, the nemesis mod.

I have 7797 life
136 light res, capped at 75%
60% DR
61% block
61% spell block

all before flasks and buffs. flasks and buffs bring me to 90% DR 79%block/spell block.

With my guild member, I ran a map and he watched me get 2 shot by a lightning mirage. that means the monster had to have on average 15600 light damage per hit. or 1-31200 light damage based off the formulas i found on POEwiki and knowing that light damage has a high ceiling. I can only assume based off the name that the monster is dealing lightning damage... however the word mirage is very misleading. This is the first mechanic I have run into in the game that I can't understand. I shouldn't be dealing with uber atziri/elder/shaper levels of damage in a simple T14 map with no extra damage mods. I have a better chance of surviving standing on a strongbox with detonate dead and 100 corpses around.

Please tell me why I am getting 1-2 shot by something I can't see. It feels like repeated corpse explosions that deals massive light damage. With my defenses, this shouldn't happen. Can you not block this damage?

I don't mind 1-2 shot mechanics. I do mind not being able to see them, or understand them. That makes it not fun. I need to be given adequate time to respond to 1-2 shot mechanics and I don't feel I've been given that time.

Think about it, you called it lightning mirage but for some reason corpses explode under me when I kill a lightning mirage monster. This makes playing a melee far more difficult, and I have had problems since the patch with this.

It feels like getting hit by 2-3 volatile storm bloods. Actually, i would prefer volatile storm blood over this.

Oh, the map i was running had no map mods which increased damage, The map wasn't cursed with vulnerability or anything that would be considered a debuff. I roll that stuff out of the maps.

My question is can you explain this mechanic so i can make adjustments to my toon? I am trying to level to 100 and with this mechanic, i don't see me ever reaching my goal without hoarding + max light res equipment. I feel pigeon holed, confused and frustrated.

What type of damage is this? Do you have any gear suggestions so I can reasonably map without worrying about this bs?
"
YiQ wrote:
I don't understand Lightning Mirage, the nemesis mod.

I have 7797 life
136 light res, capped at 75%
60% DR
61% block
61% spell block

all before flasks and buffs. flasks and buffs bring me to 90% DR 79%block/spell block.

With my guild member, I ran a map and he watched me get 2 shot by a lightning mirage. that means the monster had to have on average 15600 light damage per hit. or 1-31200 light damage based off the formulas i found on POEwiki and knowing that light damage has a high ceiling. I can only assume based off the name that the monster is dealing lightning damage... however the word mirage is very misleading. This is the first mechanic I have run into in the game that I can't understand. I shouldn't be dealing with uber atziri/elder/shaper levels of damage in a simple T14 map with no extra damage mods. I have a better chance of surviving standing on a strongbox with detonate dead and 100 corpses around.

Please tell me why I am getting 1-2 shot by something I can't see. It feels like repeated corpse explosions that deals massive light damage. With my defenses, this shouldn't happen. Can you not block this damage?

I don't mind 1-2 shot mechanics. I do mind not being able to see them, or understand them. That makes it not fun. I need to be given adequate time to respond to 1-2 shot mechanics and I don't feel I've been given that time.

Think about it, you called it lightning mirage but for some reason corpses explode under me when I kill a lightning mirage monster. This makes playing a melee far more difficult, and I have had problems since the patch with this.

It feels like getting hit by 2-3 volatile storm bloods. Actually, i would prefer volatile storm blood over this.

Oh, the map i was running had no map mods which increased damage, The map wasn't cursed with vulnerability or anything that would be considered a debuff. I roll that stuff out of the maps.

My question is can you explain this mechanic so i can make adjustments to my toon? I am trying to level to 100 and with this mechanic, i don't see me ever reaching my goal without hoarding + max light res equipment. I feel pigeon holed, confused and frustrated.

What type of damage is this? Do you have any gear suggestions so I can reasonably map without worrying about this bs?

corpse explosion or similar stuff is always "secondary damage" (a hit that is neither attack not spell damage) which cant be blocked or dodged
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Hey i have a question about Inspired learning (the crimson jewel). The thing is i remember that when you had 2 of them before and you killed a rare, 2 buffs appeared on the buff bar (one for each jewel) but now im only getting one. So my question is, are now the 2 buffs stolen in one icon on the buff bar or you cant steal 2 buffs anymore?

Thx in advance and sorry if my english is wrong, Cya!
There's a bug report thread about this, but maybe it's better off as a mechanics question.

There's a proposed interaction of Coward's Legacy + (Panicked/Seething) flask of Warding + Champion's First to Strike, Last to Fall. Coward's Legacy says (among other things) that you're cursed with vulnerability, and that you count as on low life if you're cursed with vulnerability. FTSLTF says you gain adrenaline when you reach low life if you don't have it already.

If you're wearing the belt and drink a warding flask, is it supposed to trigger adrenaline when the flask wears off and you're cursed again? It looks to me like it should, but I've also heard reports that it doesn't work. If it works at all, does it work instantly with instant flasks (Panicked or Seething)?

Also, while wearing the belt, are panicked flasks of warding always instant? They're normally instant if you're on low life, but warding might remove the low-life condition before you heal.
I have a question.Does the item rarity buff on Wondertrap work if my max HP is 1?(i got chaos inoculation)
"
Gyakusetsu wrote:
I have a question.Does the item rarity buff on Wondertrap work if my max HP is 1?(i got chaos inoculation)

No.

Low Life refers to being at 35% or less of your maximum Life.

If your Life is 1/1, then you are at 100% of your maximum Life.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Hello, I asked tech support but they redirected me here, also no one exactly knew on reddit:

If a player use the HeavyStrike has a chance to do double Damage ( jewel or helm enchant)

And if a player has a 2h wep with the shaper/elder mod : Has a chande to double damage

Could they stack in anyway ?

I do believe the jewel and helm enchant are all 1 trigger but wasnt sure if the wep one was different since it kinda worded a bit differently. One is damage from the wep and other is dam for the skill so maybe they would apply in different layer. Thanks for answering this.

I really wish we had some kind of thing with life that when not attacked recently regen a lot of life in our hideout so we could test some stuff like that :p
"
Aduine wrote:
Hello, I asked tech support but they redirected me here, also no one exactly knew on reddit:

If a player use the HeavyStrike has a chance to do double Damage ( jewel or helm enchant)

And if a player has a 2h wep with the shaper/elder mod : Has a chande to double damage

You either do Double Damage, or you don't. You can't do Double Damage twice for 4x (or 8x, 16x) more damage.

But if you have 50% chance to do Double Damage from somewhere, and 25% chance to do Double Damage from somewhere else, they will add together for a 75% chance to do Double Damage.
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"
Aduine wrote:

You either do Double Damage, or you don't. You can't do Double Damage twice for 4x (or 8x, 16x) more damage.

But if you have 50% chance to do Double Damage from somewhere, and 25% chance to do Double Damage from somewhere else, they will add together for a 75% chance to do Double Damage.

I think the double damage can stack but it depend on the conditions. In this case, the condition is the same (% chance to double damage) so agree with Abdiel_Kavash that those chances are sumed.
But with a weapon like https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Frostbreath, which deal double damage to chilled enemies (different condition), i believe this double damage can stack with other ones.
Last edited by cuocdoitan on Jun 6, 2018, 12:34:55 PM
"
cuocdoitan wrote:
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"
Aduine wrote:

I think the double damage can stack but it depend on the conditions. In this case, the condition is the same (% chance to double damage) so agree with Abdiel_Kavash that those chances are sumed.
But with a weapon like https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Frostbreath, which deal double damage to chilled enemies (different condition), i believe this double damage can stack with other ones.

See this is why this bother me, i'm 100% sure about helm and jewel adding the number together, but a shaper wep give " Chance to deal double damage" While the jewel give " chance for heavystrike to do double damage" Just like chance to do double damage on chill it seem tricky cause this ain't a mod we see a lot in the game overall. But I feel it could be calculated at 2 different spot. like before checking what skill i use it could check for chance to do double damage ( shaper mod) then throw my damage output into heavystrike which then get a chance to also do double damage. will try to test this but a real dev response would really be appreciated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info