Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Kotsubaki wrote:
Hello,

Cast when damage taken reads as follows: "support skill gems requiring level XX or lower"

When you wear equipment with the "+X skill gem" modifier the level requirement doesn't change on the gem but cast when damage taken no longer supports the gems affected by the modifier unless you level it to meet the requirements of the "boosted" skill gem level.

Is this an intentional mechanic?

Yes.

"
Hamdrew wrote:
Hello

The description on the Writhing Jar states "2 Enemy Writhing Worms escape the Flask when used".

If they are enemies, why don't they attack me? Even when I taunt them with a warcry they still don't attack.

Is this a bug or intended?

Thanks.

The worms have no offensive skills, and no way of dealing damage. They are "enemies" so that you can attack them.
Hi all

The bonus of amulet Victario's Acuity (5% increased Projectile Speed per Frenzy Charge
5% increased Projectile Damage per Power Charge), affect the projectiles of Flame Totem?

Edit: wait..

The "on Kill" of Victario's Acuity, is not applied for totems?
Last edited by Higorvilpon on May 9, 2018, 9:49:48 PM
Howdy,

I am wondering why access to Leo, and more specifically "Leo crafts" is restricted in SSF leagues.

What is the reasoning behind this decision? Are there any plans/timelines available to make Leo crafts accessible to SSF players regardless of whether or not PVP is implemented in SSF leagues?

As it stands, it is a fairly high disadvantage for many builds that always make use of such crafts. Not having access to Leo crafts for those builds just mean you get to play a significantly worse character just because you went SSF.

ie:
- All CI builds ((10 to 20)% faster start of Energy Shield Recharge )
- All Damage over time builds (15 to 30)% increased Damage over Time
- PVP/Hall of the grandmaster oriented builds (10 to 15)% reduced Enemy Block Chance

If the disabling of Leo in SSF league was for technical reasons, wouldn't it be appropriate to either migrate his crafting options to other masters or grant all SSF players a simulated "max-level" gladiator's bench ?

Thanks in advance for the follow-up
Kind regards

All greetings, I'm new, I've been downloading several characters above level 35 and I have not received the chest on the event, maybe I did something wrong, the flashback league
Will the 'normal' Blade Vortex and the Vaal Blade Vortex vortices be able to overlap?
Ngamahu, Flame's Advance, the notable from the Chieftain ascendancy(though it applies to many things).

% of physical added as extra elemental damage. If you have an attack, this elemental damage is added to your attacks. If you have a physical spell, the elemental damage helps your spells. I am wondering if there is any interaction with secondary damage. MOST secondary damage is fire based. So if this worked, it would be a major boost to the damage of these secondary skills.

IIRC there is a special note in Hatred saying that it DOESN'T work on secondary damage, only applying to Spells and Attacks(correct me if I'm wrong or working on old information). So on the one hand Hatred and Ngamahu operate on a similar mathematical principle, so it may be the same. But on the other, Hatred may be an exception which is why it's expressly stated(somewhere).
"
NessOnett8 wrote:
Ngamahu, Flame's Advance, the notable from the Chieftain ascendancy(though it applies to many things).

% of physical added as extra elemental damage. If you have an attack, this elemental damage is added to your attacks. If you have a physical spell, the elemental damage helps your spells. I am wondering if there is any interaction with secondary damage. MOST secondary damage is fire based. So if this worked, it would be a major boost to the damage of these secondary skills.

IIRC there is a special note in Hatred saying that it DOESN'T work on secondary damage, only applying to Spells and Attacks(correct me if I'm wrong or working on old information). So on the one hand Hatred and Ngamahu operate on a similar mathematical principle, so it may be the same. But on the other, Hatred may be an exception which is why it's expressly stated(somewhere).

You need to differentiate between Spells and Attacks (types of Skills) and Spell damage and Attack damage (damage sources; along with Secondary damage and Damage over Time). Attacks typically deal Attack damage and sometimes Secondary or Damage over Time. Spells typically deal Spell, Secondary, or Damage over Time.

Almost all skills that deal damage are either Spells or Attacks (there are very few exceptions). Hatred is not specific in what it applies to, so let's talk about Anger. A level 20 Anger adds 83 - 138 damage to Attacks, and 69 - 110 damage to Spells. Thus a Hit by an Attack will have 83 - 138 Fire damage added to it, and a Hit by a Spell will have 69 - 110 damage added. Whether the skill deals any secondary or DoT damage does not matter; the only relevant thing is the type of the skill. (Although if the skill does not Hit, there is nothing to add the damage to in the first place, and Anger will not actually have any effect.)

Hatred or Ngamahu convert Physical damage to Cold (or Fire). It does not matter which skill or which source the physical damage comes from; whether it is Attack damage, Spell damage, or Secondary damage. (Damage over Time can never be converted though.)
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on May 11, 2018, 4:40:42 PM
Hello!

I was thinking of playing a summoner in the incursion league using golems, zombies and summon raging spirit. Now, i was wondering if the 'Pendulum of Destruction' ascendancy node affects my minions or srs?

Thank you in advance!

The Fist.
"
Mawle wrote:

I was thinking of playing a summoner in the incursion league using golems, zombies and summon raging spirit. Now, i was wondering if the 'Pendulum of Destruction' ascendancy node affects my minions or srs?

No. It's pretty well established mechanics that minions and your character are separate entities, and most bonuses (including Pendulum) only apply to your character. (If your character is named Bob, "x% increased damage" generally implies "x% increased damage for Bob.")

To that end you can really only expect two or three things to apply to minions (SRS are 100% considered minions):
1. Things that specifically say "Minion"
2. Eligible Support Gems supporting to the Minion skill in question
(3.)* Entity-level modifiers - pretty much just Auras and aura-like mechanics

*I like to include this point because I like to pretend I'm a lawyer and ward against nitpicks, but for most players this one is obvious and goes without saying.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on May 12, 2018, 12:44:37 PM
"
adghar wrote:
*I like to include this point because I like to pretend I'm a lawyer and ward against nitpicks, but for most players this one is obvious and goes without saying.

Nitpicking your nitpick, all auras and such say "You and your allies gain X". Your minions are your allies. Thus if you amend your point one to say "things that specifically say 'minions' or 'allies'", you would be correct.

For example, Victario's Charity is one case where this wording comes up and is not an aura or the like.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on May 12, 2018, 1:00:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info